The Random Quarantine SteelBook Chat Thread

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
We conversate
We compliment
We fuss, We cuss, we bicker, we moan, we groan....

We're a forum community....

With politics aside ...

How you holding up Ninjas ?

What are you doing to pass the time if you're staying in doors ? I know some places are obviously much worse than others ... Wishing you all the best.

Any one spending time organizing your collection etc. ?

Last edited:
Still going to work at the moment but our company is letting anyone go part time, take sabbaticals or just take time off to reduce the number of staff and help with the fact we don't have as many orders coming in resulting in less work.
To the best of my knowledge I'm ok so far but my wife is classed as being at risk due to health issues so her employers aretelling her to working from home, potentially for the next 12 weeks but it will be reviewed in a couple of weeks to see if she can split between going in and also working from home still.
Currently chilling as the last 3 weekends had timetaken up by shopping for my mother in law who has had pneumonia. My brother and siter in law have also had it and my wife has had a bad cold since we got back from Lanzarote.
Crazy times ahead for us all so stay safe everybody....

Had my share of bad seller and there’s nothing eBay can or will do when cancel the auction or sales

Only thing is to leave suitable review to warn others
I have not been using eBay as much as I used to years ago, I have perfect feedback and even when I have had the odd issue with a seller no matter how bad it was never bothered to leave them bad feedback.
I just did leave feedback as I'm still annoyed over it and most likely I will have my first neg feedback which I'm sure will be some made up lie.

Taking care of my father who has COPD and is in Hospice and in a medical bed in our living room. It's a full time job to take care of all his needs. As of yesterday we think he may now have pneumonia which is usually what takes COPD patients in the end. It's hard to deal with, and very emotional for me. Also taking care of my mother when she's feeling too ill to help out with my father. I won't go into more of that though.

I've also been having breathing issues, so bad I can't walk to the end of the driveway to check the mail without having to stop a couple of times to catch my breath. Fever too, and a dry cough which are all symptoms of this virus crap. Because there's not enough tests to go around they say to just self quarantine and that's about all I can do at this point. :(

I've been working a lot on my painting and dioramas for my miniatures, fun, fun, fun! I love it. It's the best thing in the world for me aside from my movies and steelbooks.

Watch movies, streaming, Netflix, YouTube, whatever to pass the time.

Luckily we stocked up on non perishables and fruits, vegetables, and anything else we could think of before all that hoarding started. So we beat the crowds pretty much. Unfortunately I don't think this virus is going away anytime soon so it really doesn't matter how much we all stock up, it won't be enough to last but then it could all just blow over just all of a sudden-like.

Do different stuff around the house that I've put off as I was always too busy to get around to it. Now I have a lot of free time to do some repairs and handyman kind of stuff. Anything that can pass the time I pretty much do around the house.
I'm sorry to hear that. It sounds like you're having a rotten run of luck at the moment.

Stay strong, but more importantly stay safe. Hopefully you'll be able to ride things out.

Just staying indoors. Still have to go to work but i'm on part time now and I know a lot of mates who have been laid off. Just bad all round.
Have to keep my mum isolated as she's ancient and a cold would kill her never mind that crap....
I'll give it a week and I'll be laid off as well....

We usually do all our grocery shopping by way of curb-side where you just order online, get to the store and text a code to the store and they bring your groceries out to you and put them in your vehicle for you. Well unfortunately we forgot to add a couple of New York strip steaks to our order so I decided to drudge into the grocery store a pick a couple up. Fat chance there, the meat section was completely cleaned out from all the hoarders...ridiculous how bad it is. In fact most of the store was cleared out, I just got a couple of things and left but I took some pictures while I was there.

View attachment 465473View attachment 465474View attachment 465475View attachment 465476View attachment 465477View attachment 465478

I couldn't figure out why folks were hoarding toilet paper so bad so I found one guys theory about it on the net via Intelligencer.
I've got a mate who's a manager at a supermarket and he said the main problem (at least in the UK) is a lack of staff willing to risk going to work. They've got plenty of stock but not enough people to put it out on the shelves. He's recommended going as early as possible, the store he works for is usually open 24 hours but is now closing at 10pm to restock over night.

Seems to be a vicious cycle at the moment, people started hoarding so the shelves were bare, now every time there is stock people panic buy and hoard again so the shelves are bare.........

I've got a mate who's a manager at a supermarket and he said the main problem (at least in the UK) is a lack of staff willing to risk going to work. They've got plenty of stock but not enough people to put it out on the shelves. He's recommended going as early as possible, the store he works for is usually open 24 hours but is now closing at 10pm to restock over night.

Seems to be a vicious cycle at the moment, people started hoarding so the shelves were bare, now every time there is stock people panic buy and hoard again so the shelves are bare.........
S

In my local Sainsbury’s, Iceland, Morrison’s and aldi all the staff are there and being amazing. It’s the public who are being the animals and hoarding everything. Been a joke in my area. Such selfish people the majority of them.

But I suppose some areas will have different situations of it

Luckily most of them now have the special hours for elderly and NHS/ health/ services etc which I’m happy about

I love a good conspiracy theory.

My theory on COVID-19 is that it was, produced in a lab by Disney! ;) After several weeks of getting bored with quarantine, the general public will then be forced to subscribe to Disney+ to alleviate boredom! Thus completing Disneys global dominance!!! :p

Seriously though, it's getting crazy out there. Like most other people, a few weeks ago I was totally playing this down. Now it's like something out of a film!

I'm a train driver so I'm still working as public transport is still operating. Although they are going to start paring back services next week now.

It's strange going to work. Streets and places empty. It's like a sort of an eerie Christmas feeling! But more sinister.

Anyway, I have no chance of working from home unless this happens.........

20200322_173639.jpg

Stay safe everyone. Do what's asked of you and we'll beat this, united all over the globe.....

Just staying indoors. Still have to go to work but i'm on part time now and I know a lot of mates who have been laid off. Just bad all round.
Have to keep my mum isolated as she's ancient and a cold would kill her never mind that crap....
I'll give it a week and I'll be laid off as well....
Hopefully not.

And if you do, hopefully it's only temporary :thumbs:

Reactions: leelee17
[QUOTE
Hopefully not.

And if you do, hopefully it's only temporary :thumbs:
[/QUOTE]

Call me cynical but within a week over 400 thousand people have been laid of in Ireland and I don't see anyone rushing to help them and you can bet a week's wages the measures set out the other day for people to get emergency help will mean months of jumping through legal red tape.
Sorry too little too late. Bad times ahead for a lot of people.

My workplace hasn't closed (I work in a bank call centre) but I've gotten a cert from my doctor to excuse me from work as there's no option for me to work from home.
I live with my girlfriend who is immuno compromised & is a very high risk of getting the virus which could be life threatening, so it was far too high a risk to stay in work, especially seeing as half the people I work with are not taking it seriously & are not adhering to social distancing etc.

We're social distancing in the house & I've been pretty much stressed to the high heavens since all this started but I'm passing the time watching as many movies as I can, playing the new Doom game & have finally started watching Justified.

I'm sorry to hear that. It sounds like you're having a rotten run of luck at the moment.

Stay strong, but more importantly stay safe. Hopefully you'll be able to ride things out.
Supposedly there is a Rhino virus going around as well that's just a stronger strain of the flu that shows similar symptoms, I'm praying that I have this and not the Coronavirus. I worry about my folks the most though as there both over 70 and are in that age bracket that is more susceptible to getting it and not recovering.

Our local store put this out on Twitter and I put it up on my Facebook wall for everyone to see and practice. When we seen people hording massive amounts of toilet paper that's when we knew that everything else was going to be next so I put my grocery order in but not a horde amount to sorta beat the crowds. They'll restock so it makes no sense to horde but some folks are just ultra paranoid I guess. Your right though, it is a vicious cycle but if they had only asked the store manager when they get their shipments in like I did they wouldn't have to horde. Get what you need and leave some for your neighbor is what everyone should practice.
HEB.jpg

S

In my local Sainsbury’s, Iceland, Morrison’s and aldi all the staff are there and being amazing. It’s the public who are being the animals and hoarding everything. Been a joke in my area. Such selfish people the majority of them.

But I suppose some areas will have different situations of it

Luckily most of them now have the special hours for elderly and NHS/ health/ services etc which I’m happy about
Could just be where I live then, I went to Tesco earlier and it looked like some staff had brought their kids in to help stock shelves.

I didn't know that about the elderly etc, that's good to hear.

here in southern California, tmrw is my first week in quarantine and its so hard to think less than a month ago my life was almost perfect lol but it is what it is. we just trying to prevent a worst kind of scenario like our brothers in Italy so we have to find something to do or we would go insane.......my mom is funny; she said that if this virus wont kill her confinement will since she is the kind of person loves the outdoors and being social, so its really hard for me and my sister to convince her this is serious since she could be affected more directly due to here age and health problems.......we as family make fun of death a lot, and i know its hard but we have to put some hint of humor on something so dark so i told them that this is the first face on becoming zombies like in I'm am Legend lol.....anyhow! i'm re organizing my collection and taking a lot of pix of them so mods be ready to update my photo collection in here lol......Guys on a serious note, be careful out there, from what are we seeing in China things are getting better so there is hope this will pass, be kind to each other............We are in the same boat.

Could just be where I live then, I went to Tesco earlier and it looked like some staff had brought their kids in to help stock shelves.

I didn't know that about the elderly etc, that's good to hear.

That’s nice. There are still people where I live being sensible and helping out where they can buy the supermarkets are always empty shelves now.

It’s also worrying how many people still went out on Friday the night of the pubs/ clubs closure. I’ve had to seriously educate certain friends on this as they still went out. And parks busy today. Some people will never learn

here in southern California, tmrw is my first week in quarantine and its so hard to think less than a month ago my life was almost perfect lol but it is what it is. we just trying to prevent a worst kind of scenario like our brothers in Italy so we have to find something to do or we would go insane.......my mom is funny; she said that if this virus wont kill her confinement will since she is the kind of person loves the outdoors and being social, so its really hard for me and my sister to convince her this is serious since she could be affected more directly due to here age and health problems.......we as family make fun of death a lot, and i know its hard but we have to put some hint of humor on something so dark so i told them that this is the first face on becoming zombies like in I'm am Legend lol.....anyhow! i'm re organizing my collection and taking a lot of pix of them so mods be ready to update my photo collection in here lol......Guys on a serious note, be careful out there, from what are we seeing in China things are getting better so there is hope this will pass, be kind to each other............We are in the same boat.

Luckily my mum has taken this seriously and her work have too (as she has a compromised immune system). She’s now off for 12 weeks working from home but her partners parents who are much much older and at risk just aren’t convinced this is serious. We’re really struggling trying to convince them and explain to them.

I’m the same with the humour. I still post silly Corona virus memes/ comments etc on my insta story. Humour helps. but I take everything else about it seriously. But honestly I know so many people who aren’t phased by this and we’re still going out every night until Friday when it all closed over here

Last edited:
That's good that you can apply humour. My family is the same!

You need a laugh sometimes just to bring you back down. I grew up learning that and I'm the same way today.

If you get too serious about things that are out of your control, they'll just get on top of you.

You need to have the light hearted side too. :)

Then again people say I have a very dark sense of humour......