The Random Quarantine SteelBook Chat Thread

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
We conversate
We compliment
We fuss, We cuss, we bicker, we moan, we groan....

We're a forum community....

With politics aside ...

How you holding up Ninjas ?

What are you doing to pass the time if you're staying in doors ? I know some places are obviously much worse than others ... Wishing you all the best.

Any one spending time organizing your collection etc. ?

Last edited:
That's good that you can apply humour. My family is the same!

You need a laugh sometimes just to bring you back down. I grew up learning that and I'm the same way today.

If you get too serious about things that are out of your control, they'll just get on top of you.

You need to have the light hearted side too. :)

Then again people say I have a very dark sense of humour......
i think people have a different ways to deal with stuff but yea humor helps a lot, man we are latin so we party on death's day lol

I think some of the hoarding isnt so much that as compared to just people buying in some excess.

Example, we bought more groceries then we normally do ... but if you are supposed to try and stay in doors for 2 weeks (maybe more) then why would you want to have to go out every couple/few days and be in a grocery store full of people again. I'm sure many have taken that stance.

My son has had pneumonia a few times, so were trying to limit our time out anymore then what is truly needed. My job is considered "essential" and I cant work from home, so I'll be working next week. Thankfully there is never more than 4-5 people there at a time and it wouldnt shock me if they scale back and its just me. Either way I think some changes are coming, hopefully doesnt affect me too much.

;) :p

20200322_204338.jpg

I think some of the hoarding isnt so much that as compared to just people buying in some excess.

Example, we bought more groceries then we normally do ... but if you are supposed to try and stay in doors for 2 weeks (maybe more) then why would you want to have to go out every couple/few days and be in a grocery store full of people again. I'm sure many have taken that stance.

My son has had pneumonia a few times, so were trying to limit our time out anymore then what is truly needed. My job is considered "essential" and I cant work from home, so I'll be working next week. Thankfully there is never more than 4-5 people there at a time and it wouldnt shock me if they scale back and its just me. Either way I think some changes are coming, hopefully doesnt affect me too much.

And that’s absolutely fine, getting some extra bits or doubling (maybe even 3x) on certain things for reasons like you say. But the people who are literally buying 20 packs of pasta or toilet roll for 2 or 3 people and then not leaving anything for anyone are the nasty inconsiderate ones. I’ve honestly seen people do that and then you hear, no idea where we’re going to put all this. Some even arguing and scrapping for things. Seeing the elderly who aren’t quick or nimble literally stuck there looking at empty shelves with just a jar of jam in their basket is heartbreaking. But the other side with the nice people seeing that and offering stuff out of their basket or trolley is lovely. Me and my mum have done it once or twice

Hope your son is okay mate and your all good at work next week

And that’s absolutely fine, getting some extra bits or doubling (maybe even 3x) on certain things for reasons like you say. But the people who are literally buying 20 packs of pasta or toilet roll for 2 or 3 people and then not leaving anything for anyone are the nasty inconsiderate ones. I’ve honestly seen people do that and then you hear, no idea where we’re going to put all this. Some even arguing and scrapping for things. Seeing the elderly who aren’t quick or nimble literally stuck there looking at empty shelves with just a jar of jam in their basket is heartbreaking. But the other side with the nice people seeing that and offering stuff out of their basket or trolley is lovely. Me and my mum have done it once or twice

Hope your son is okay mate and your all good at work next week

The other week before this got under way I was in my local Tesco and we were all in the line and this bloke grabbed about 30 rolls of arse wipe. We looked at him and the piss taking started "Been on the curry's mate" etc. He got nasty but the piss taking didn't stop. When he got to the counter the girl at the counter told him to put them all back bar 3. She got a round of applause. He did so meekly and as he was leaving someone shouted "You'd better get home quickly mate before you soil your pants". And then someone said what we were all thinking "Yep there's always one!"

Reactions: Flloydo
I have not been using eBay as much as I used to years ago, I have perfect feedback and even when I have had the odd issue with a seller no matter how bad it was never bothered to leave them bad feedback.
I just did leave feedback as I'm still annoyed over it and most likely I will have my first neg feedback which I'm sure will be some made up lie.

according to ebay help, the seller cannot retaliate and return a bad rating / feedback to you. well that's what they told me anyway

Guys, a general steelbook question as today after a long time I thought of looking at some of the European sites for ordering some steelbooks...but I am unable to order anything from Amazon Germany to ship to USA. I was trying to order Parasite and Shawshank Redemption, both sold by Amazon directly.

Maybe shipping between EU and USA has been stopped as of now? Not sure if something wrong with my settings or account....

Just checked Amazon UK...not able to pre-order Wonder Woman steelbook.

Last edited:
according to ebay help, the seller cannot retaliate and return a bad rating / feedback to you. well that's what they told me anyway

As far as I know a seller doesn't have the option to leave anything other than positive feedback for a buyer.

I've read a few comments but not a ton concerning packages and the corona virus.
I haven't opened packages for several steelbooks from other countries I gotten in the last week. I plan on using my U/V wand (which I don't use on packages normally) and will run it over the package and shrink wrap because I don't trust all the current information, this disease is to new.
I'm just curious if anyone else has any concerns about opening packages from other countries like Italy? I assume most Ninja's are not concerned.

Guys, a general steelbook question as today after a long time I thought of looking at some of the European sites for ordering some steelbooks...but I am unable to order anything from Amazon Germany to ship to USA. I was trying to order Parasite and Shawshank Redemption, both sold by Amazon directly.

Maybe shipping between EU and USA has been stopped as of now? Not sure if something wrong with my settings or account....

Just checked Amazon UK...not able to pre-order Wonder Woman steelbook.
Somethings going on with all the Amazon's.

I had a bunch of stuff in my basket and watch list on Amazon France and now EVERYTHING is 'unavailable'. Like most items have been pulled.....?

Reactions: MrSquifler
I've read a few comments but not a ton concerning packages and the corona virus.
I haven't opened packages for several steelbooks from other countries I gotten in the last week. I plan on using my U/V wand (which I don't use on packages normally) and will run it over the package and shrink wrap because I don't trust all the current information, this disease is to new.
I'm just curious if anyone else has any concerns about opening packages from other countries like Italy? I assume most Ninja's are not concerned.
No.

The virus cannot 'live' for more than a couple of hrs on surfaces.

You even have to be at close range to someone who's infected for 15 MIns or more to be at risk.

I can't believe people still don't know how this works.......

Most of the upcoming Mediabooks are not availible for pre-order on Amazon.de - the Exclusives are mostly availible

Open the package remove wrap take the movie out throw rest away and wash your hands - done

During this time of staying home I've had time to open a couple of steelbooks that I hadn't had time to open before and sit back and watch them. Also my son is only 18 days old so he's been getting the bulk of my attention. So it's kinda nice being stuck at home with him, I'm spending more time with him than I could ever do if I was working.

During this time of staying home I've had time to open a couple of steelbooks that I hadn't had time to open before and sit back and watch them. Also my son is only 18 days old so he's been getting the bulk of my attention. So it's kinda nice being stuck at home with him, I'm spending more time with him than I could ever do if I was working.

I expect with people staying home more now there may be a mini baby boom at the beginning of 2021.

And divorces

Interesting you say that because I have some random thoughts.

So what will this mean for all those people who are having extra-marital affairs? With so many people working from home, or not working at all with all of the cutbacks, it will probably be a lot harder to find excuses to get out of the house long enough to continue an affair. Or for the spouse who was home all day while their partner was always working. Impossible now to have a visitor come over. So yeah I can see people getting sick of each other always being around instead of being able to fool around so yeah...divorce.

I wonder how much this is going to effect the ladies of the night? Less clients now that there is one more virus to catch?

Now that there is a recession coming, and people will probably want to be holding on to their money more, I wonder if sellers on eBay will be forced to lower prices. Or maybe people will unfortunately have to be putting items up for sale.

I had heard / read that tests had shown the virus could live on stuff for 3 days , but 2 days for stainless steel and 1 day for copper. If true, I kinda figured so long as my packages are "overnight" then im likely good. Never the less some things I kinda been just opening outside throw the package part away immediately. Not perfect , but kinda helps my sanity / paranoia ha.

Somethings going on with all the Amazon's.

I had a bunch of stuff in my basket and watch list on Amazon France and now EVERYTHING is 'unavailable'. Like most items have been pulled.....?
I heard Amazon was limiting shipping of items that are not essential so that the flow of those that are get priority. But I didnt know you couldnt order them.... but maybe they had to turn them off for time being elsewhere. I ordered a non essential from .com and it took a lot longer then norm to get it ... but i was still able to order. Amazon EU and Amazon USA tho are very different in that most of Amazon EU work under same umbrella so that might be why it differs. *shrug*