The Random Quarantine SteelBook Chat Thread

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
We conversate
We compliment
We fuss, We cuss, we bicker, we moan, we groan....

We're a forum community....

With politics aside ...

How you holding up Ninjas ?

What are you doing to pass the time if you're staying in doors ? I know some places are obviously much worse than others ... Wishing you all the best.

Any one spending time organizing your collection etc. ?

Last edited:
In the Quarantine-movie the virus came from rats. Corona probably comes from bats or fruit bats, but there is no evidence for it.
Or was it the child that had it or got it from rats? Actually I don`t know. It was supernatural I think.

cert3aad98m41.jpg

:p

Been gaming and catching up on movies. Watched Horse Girl, Jumanji: The Next Level, The Invisible Man, Freaks, and Lucky Day over the past few days, and then I've been playing Animal Crossing: New Horizons and Sniper Elite 4. Just trying to make the best out of things.

Hope all the ninjas out there are doing okay!

How did you find invisible man, horse girl and Jumanji 2? All so different but I really liked them. Especially invisible man.
Rock and hearts devito and glover impressions killed me. Was actually spot on

Reactions: tridon
Well, Boris just said it best. Lets hope the idiots of society listen.

Lets continue to order steels, discuss and enjoy. :thumbs:

Just out of curiosity shutting down all stores that sell non essential supplies (clothing, electicals ect) what does that mean for the online market? I'm not just talking zavvi and zoom ect. I'm just wondering what happens to that side of business and the postal service in general

Just out of curiosity shutting down all stores that sell non essential supplies (clothing, electicals ect) what does that mean for the online market? I'm not just talking zavvi and zoom ect. I'm just wondering what happens to that side of business and the postal service in general
I still order some movies here and there and realized that the postal workers begun to put the packages on the stairs and you don`t need to sign anymore. Maybe it won`t hit the postal services so hard, because they do much food delivery and supplies, because many people fear to get in the markets. I heard Amazon has many orders on such articles.

Last edited:
U.K. on Official lock down

For 3 weeks

Only to go to supermarkets & pharmacy's for essentials

No group gatherings over 2 people unless it’s your household members.

Allowed out to exercise once a day

Not to travel or go to work unless necessary or can’t work from home

Police can fine/ arrest or spilt up large gatherings or anyone who’s a threat.

Longtime coming but had to happen

The more shops close down the more people will turn to ordering online (remember, this includes restricting your reasoning for going outside, although that won't be able to be policed easily).
That will slow down supplies and add hikes in price. More orders means more demand on postal services, which means more work to get done, which means longer delivery times and probably more people going off sick
or self-isolating and slower service. This will have a knock on effect to everything unfortunately. If people are staying in more they may turn to buying movies more, if they are the physical format types then that will likely dip into the steelbook market moreso too.
Who knows.

The province of Ontario in Canada has now given the mandatory order for non-essential business to close down effective Tuesday at 11:59 p.m. and will be in place for at least 14 days.

Of course now I'm trying to think if there is anything that i need from a non-essential business around here before it closes.
I don't think that I do but it does make the mind scramble.

The prime minister of Canada has now finally said "enough is enough, stay home" but they still haven't made it mandatory.
They will eventually but this is the part I don't understand about Canada and the United States. They are still claiming that the "risk is low" for anyone to catch the virus. Bullshit! Why don't they understand that the time for ordering people to remain home has already passed?

I'm assuming I can't get fined for walking my dogs? I don't have a garden so have no choice.
You're still allowed to go out as long as you practice social distancing (1.5-2 metres from another person)

Do we know do animals carry the virus?

*Edit * Actually I'm not sure if that applies for Total Lockdown. I would imagine not......

Reactions: hoppusdelonge
You're still allowed to go out as long as you practice social distancing (1.5-2 metres from another person)

Do we know do animals carry the virus?

I've read conflicting stories. I saw a couple of articles a week or 2 ago saying that people's dogs had it.
I've read other articles that say animals can't get it.

I have also seen a video that says the virus can exist on a dog's fur (but the dog won't be infected) and that it can be passed to humans if they were to pass their hand over the fur and then touch their face and so on.

Kind of the same with all of the conflicting stories about how long the virus will remain on certain surfaces.

Wish reporters would stop miss-using the word "lockdown" . . . what we have in the UK is neither a hard lockdown nor a soft lockdown but the first steps of a quarantine. We are not locked in our homes and are free to go out for certain activities.
We have not yet reached the situation experienced in certain other European countries where you need to show papers if you're stopped while out and about and fined if wandering without a valid reason but that could of course be on the cards if folks behave recklessly.
Hopefully steps like full quarantine and curfews won't be necessary and the PM's words and the heartfelt and moving pleas of the Irish hospital workers will be listened to and respected by all of us for all of our own good:-

Reactions: Stygian