The Random Quarantine SteelBook Chat Thread

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
We conversate
We compliment
We fuss, We cuss, we bicker, we moan, we groan....

We're a forum community....

With politics aside ...

How you holding up Ninjas ?

What are you doing to pass the time if you're staying in doors ? I know some places are obviously much worse than others ... Wishing you all the best.

Any one spending time organizing your collection etc. ?

Last edited:
Maybe it would have helped to expand online delivery services for little shops, but such structures have grown too slow before the pandemic and so its going that way.

I often have my groceries delivered by Walmart when I need heavier items that i can't carry on public transit.
Delivery would always be available for the next day. As of a couple days ago the earliest time slot for delivery was 12 days away which makes it pointless for me. Now I see that they have stopped booking so far in advance and limited it to a 4 day window. But guess what? Nothing is available. See below :rolleyes:

UPDATE | Due to high demand, Pickup and Delivery orders are limited to a 4-day window. You may find time slots and some items unavailable. We’re doing our best to open up more capacity and restock as quickly as possible!
Later dates

Tue, Mar 24Wed, Mar 25Thu, Mar 26
9:00 - 10:00 AMNot AvailableNot AvailableNot Available
10:00 - 11:00 AMNot AvailableNot AvailableNot Available
11:00 - 12:00 PMNot AvailableNot AvailableNot Available
12:00 - 1:00 PMNot AvailableNot AvailableNot Available
1:00 - 2:00 PMNot AvailableNot AvailableNot Available
2:00 - 3:00 PMNot AvailableNot AvailableNot Available
3:00 - 4:00 PMNot AvailableNot AvailableNot Available
4:00 - 5:00 PMNot AvailableNot AvailableNot Available
5:00 - 6:00 PMNot AvailableNot AvailableNot Available
6:00 - 7:00 PMNot AvailableNot AvailableNot Available
7:00 - 8:00 PMNot AvailableNot AvailableNot Available
8:00 - 9:00 PMNot AvailableNot AvailableNot Available
9:00 - 10:00 PMNot AvailableNot AvailableNot Available

• Wow
Reactions: Lone Crusader
I ordered 1917 and a quiet place from best buy and went to go get them today and found out they have curbside pick-up. So I didn't even have to get out of my car.

...who do you thing brought them there ?

Infected zom...people !

I often have my groceries delivered by Walmart when I need heavier items that i can't carry on public transit.
Delivery would always be available for the next day. As of a couple days ago the earliest time slot for delivery was 12 days away which makes it pointless for me. Now I see that they have stopped booking so far in advance and limited it to a 4 day window. But guess what? Nothing is available. See below :rolleyes:

UPDATE | Due to high demand, Pickup and Delivery orders are limited to a 4-day window. You may find time slots and some items unavailable. We’re doing our best to open up more capacity and restock as quickly as possible!
Later dates

Tue, Mar 24Wed, Mar 25Thu, Mar 26
9:00 - 10:00 AMNot AvailableNot AvailableNot Available
10:00 - 11:00 AMNot AvailableNot AvailableNot Available
11:00 - 12:00 PMNot AvailableNot AvailableNot Available
12:00 - 1:00 PMNot AvailableNot AvailableNot Available
1:00 - 2:00 PMNot AvailableNot AvailableNot Available
2:00 - 3:00 PMNot AvailableNot AvailableNot Available
3:00 - 4:00 PMNot AvailableNot AvailableNot Available
4:00 - 5:00 PMNot AvailableNot AvailableNot Available
5:00 - 6:00 PMNot AvailableNot AvailableNot Available
6:00 - 7:00 PMNot AvailableNot AvailableNot Available
7:00 - 8:00 PMNot AvailableNot AvailableNot Available
8:00 - 9:00 PMNot AvailableNot AvailableNot Available
9:00 - 10:00 PMNot AvailableNot AvailableNot Available
I think in the US the stores (that have central points for great areas) can`t deliver at the time, because the changed situation is in the beginning and people come to the stores more often now (and buy large amounts of stuff) and it is not foreseeable, how the supply chain is developing (supply problems etc.). So they set everything like delivery out to bring normalization in the process and start it new when under control. But thats only my guess - I don`t know for sure.

This is going to be hard to police and although we do need to stay in I suppose it’s not too bad to go out in the morning and the again late afternoon/ early evening. I highly doubt you neighbours have a pad tallying your movement outside the house but it’s up to you. As long as you socially distance yourself I suppose. Not saying to everyone to keep going out but certain people, more active people, someone with dogs and who exercises regularly and lives on their own will prob be ok to go out with their dogs and then to exercise later in the day. Up to you and what you feel safe at the end of the day

Ngl, you had me in the first half
Yeah, I've got no choice so I'm sure they'd be understanding if I was stopped. I'm going out for as short as possible and staying away from other people anyway.

Reactions: Flloydo
I know a lot of folks wouldn't be happy with this but the grocery stores, Walmart included need to put limits on certain items so others can have some too. There gonna have to start otherwise there's going to be folks that don't ever get what they (need). I'm lactose intolerant and require lactose free milk and I can't find that or the regular milk at all at either one of our grocery stores. At this point I'd settle for just some plain ole milk to be happy.

Wait I know this guy that has this cow... Nah better not. :naughty: :LOL:

Reactions: Stygian
I went for a walk today and the amount of drunks and smack heads in town was unreal. The police were having a bad time dealing with them. I watched from a distance and then just walked on home. Not risking taking a bus.... I have already noticed a serious amount of ambulances on the road. Noticed it today and when I was going to work and home again on Monday.

I went for a walk today and the amount of drunks and smack heads in town was unreal. The police were having a bad time dealing with them. I watched from a distance and then just walked on home. Not risking taking a bus.... I have already noticed a serious amount of ambulances on the road. Noticed it today and when I was going to work and home again on Monday.

There’s a video going around that the police filmed at a park in Shepard’s bush (London) today and they are literally kicking people off the field with a megaphone thingy saying “this is not a holiday, it’s a lockdown, an official lockdown. The government have said to stay indoors. It’s not a holiday, you don’t come here to sunbathe, go home now it’s a lockdown”

The stupidity of these people still is baffling

Reactions: vexred and Robles
Me. Just got 2 new shelves last week

Need to make some space in the room before can setup these 2

6D412B84-F01B-404F-8BCF-261911CB13EF.jpeg

Here's a media releated question. You know all these films that are either on streaming services or digital now due to this or will end up on them (The Hunt, trolls world tour, possibility for Black Widow to go on Disney plus Like onward has done ect). Do we think this will impact the physical media releases for these and in times like that what do you think about films going to streaming rather then wait like No Time To Die, fast 9 ect?

20+ people were having a barbecue in the street (or around the back of some garages) in Coventry and would not comply, so police kicked it over and ended it (pre - new legislation)

In the meantime, there is still a rise in deaths.

Dumb as hell these people.

20+ people were having a barbecue in the street (or around the back of some garages) in Coventry and would not comply, so police kicked it over and ended it (pre - new legislation)

In the meantime, there is still a rise in deaths.

Dumb as hell these people.
I live on the coast and every year during Spring Break thousands of college kids come from all over the country to enjoy the sunny beach... here is just a fraction of them in these photos taken last week. Practicing social distancing? I think not. When they were asked by reporters what they thought of the Coronavirus they just lifted there Corona beers to it. It was all over our local news.

001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg

I live on the coast and every year during Spring Break thousands of college kids come from all over the country to enjoy the sunny beach... here is just a fraction of them in these photos taken last week. Practicing social distancing? I think not. When they were asked by reporters what they thought of the Coronavirus they just lifted there Corona beers to it. It was all over our local news.

View attachment 466220View attachment 466221View attachment 466222

Wow. Completely ignorant to it all.

Wearing socks at the beach is retarded :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

There’s a video going around that the police filmed at a park in Shepard’s bush (London) today and they are literally kicking people off the field with a megaphone thingy saying “this is not a holiday, it’s a lockdown, an official lockdown. The government have said to stay indoors. It’s not a holiday, you don’t come here to sunbathe, go home now it’s a lockdown”

The stupidity of these people still is baffling
It's the same near me mate at the minute, people stopping off in parks with the weather being half-decent.

Seen a small group being moved on yesterday, some weren't so easily moved but they soon moved on once they were told a second time :happy:

I really don't see the point of people being ******* morons over this :cautious: They know the score and if seen they are going to be told to move but I suppose areas have plenty of arseholes in them:thumbs:

These kids are so stupid.

Had an update from uni, all written exams have been moved online and cut from 90 questions in 90 mins to 30 in 30 mins. OSCE practical assessment has been cancelled. We have one lecturer at the moment offering lectures online, hoping that more will do this soon but I understand it's probably the last thing they're thinking of right now. We were off for 3 weeks from this Friday anyway so hopefully the situation will have shown some improvement in this time.

Just been shopping and shelves are slowly starting to fill up again. My local Tesco is currently running a one in one out policy, with only about 10-15 people in store at one time and hazard tape all over the floor marking social distance boundaries.

This is the something I've been worried about. I live on an island that's a popular holiday destination and a lot of people have second homes here, I'm really hoping the warm weather doesn't bring people over but they seem to be treating all this like a holiday.