The Random Quarantine SteelBook Chat Thread

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
We conversate
We compliment
We fuss, We cuss, we bicker, we moan, we groan....

We're a forum community....

With politics aside ...

How you holding up Ninjas ?

What are you doing to pass the time if you're staying in doors ? I know some places are obviously much worse than others ... Wishing you all the best.

Any one spending time organizing your collection etc. ?

Last edited:
20200405_152906.jpg

My Covid-19 watch list:

Like Father Like Son (loved it)
Our little Sister (loved it)
World War Z (seemed fitting, liked it better the 2nd time)
Contagion (also seemed fitting, got many things scarily right....except the Jude Law character is ridiculous)

My watch.list with kids:

Men in Black International (WTF....if they didn't really want to make a movie, why did they???)
Frozen 2 (Well....I guess it's for kids and all...those songs are really really bad When my daughter had her Frozen phase I didn't really mind the songs, but this is just b-side crap)
Ant Man (well, if you have a formular and it sells, why don't you keep making the same movie over and over again?)
Guardians of the Galaxy (I laughed twice: "I didn't really need the leg" and "..and I need that guys eye")

Reactions: jaws finatic
I did forget to mention in my initial post that I have spent some time here and there trying to organize my steelbook collection. My big dilemma is whether or not to organize them as 'movies' irregardless of steel, amray or dvd OR keep them seperate from one another.

A couple years ago someone posted the question of how you organize your steels and at the time I had just a few collections together. But as my collection has grown I've now established I need the following steels together in order to sleep at night:

A Speilberg section, a John Carpenter section, a Star Wars section, a Marvel Universe section, a DC section, a Tom Cruise Section, a Universal Horror section, a Scrocese section and a Tarentino section. Beyond that I've started separating them by Horror, Sci Fi, Comedy, Action and Drama.

Still....hard call whether to integrate or not to integrate.

How do my fellow ninjas organize?
By genre, by themes, or by label/collection (arrow films, eureka, plain archive etc)

Human to animal transmission not new with these three examples of human to animals (pets) confirmed during the past month:-

1) From Belgium (27th March 2020)
“Recently, the veterinary medicine faculty in Liège reported that a coronavirus infection has been determined in a cat. The cat lived with her owner, who started showing symptoms of the virus a week before the cat did,” said Van Gucht.
“We want to stress that this is an isolated case. There are no indications that this is common. Additionally, in this case, we are talking about a human-to-animal transmission, not the other way around. The risk of animal-to-human transmission, is very small,” he added.

2) From Hong Kong (26th March 2020)
"Pet dog further tests positive for antibodies for COVID-19 virus. A spokesman for the Agriculture, Fisheries and Conservation Department (AFCD) said today (March 26) that the latest positive serology test results of the Pomeranian which previously tested weak positive for COVID-19 virus proved that the dog has been infected with the virus."

The dog was 17 yrs old - or 84 in human years - so that fact alone would have put it in the "vulnerable category".

3) Also from Hong Kong
"A second dog with an infected owner has caught the coronavirus, Hong Kong’s animal welfare authority confirmed on Thursday.
The two-year-old German shepherd lived with a person diagnosed with Covid-19 in Pok Fu Lam and was sent to quarantine on Wednesday, along with a four-year-old mixed-breed dog from the same home. The dogs were kept in separate kennels at the government facility.
Oral and nasal swabs taken on Wednesday and Thursday returned positive readings for the German shepherd, but were negative for the other dog."