Digibook The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (Target Exclusive Blu-ray Digibook) [USA]

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty - Target Exclusive Digibook [USA]

Release Date: April 15, 2014
Price: $19.99 LINK
Group buy: here

mitty.jpeg

Includes exclusive 30 page Collectible Book with Unforgettable Life Magazine covers spanning more than 10 decades

Attachments

• mitty.jpg
    mitty.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 313
Last edited by a moderator:
Me neither, and now it says unavailable online.

Whenever I have ordered from Target before, they have shipped the Thursday or Friday before release.

A bit nervous about what might be going on with these, but given the spiderwrap problem on these releases, in store is never really an option - impossible to find a lot of mint ones.

That's exactly why I ordered these online as well. Target and their spiderwraps. Maybe they should have focused more on protecting their customers sensitive data rather than damaging products and reducing shrinkage.

I may hop over to the store after work to see if I can pick it up. The traffic though will be ridiculous. I know I'll be stuck in traffic.

I knew it'd have the Life pages -- that's cool -- I just hate how the discs are in there. Makes it look cheap and easy to damage.

That is how Fox packages their discs in digibook or digipaks. I also passed on this exclusive. No interest in the movie and in the packaging.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is how Fox packages their discs in digibook or digipaks. I also passed on this exclusive. No interest in the movie and in the packaging.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've never purchased a Fox Digibook before, so I didn't know what to expect. It's safe to say that I'll probably never buy them in the future.

Does someone know the audio specs? Only English, French and Spanish? Thx

Region free

Audio

English: DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1
French: Dolby Digital 5.1
Spanish: Dolby Digital 5.1
Portuguese: Dolby Digital 5.1
Russian: DTS 5.1
Czech: Dolby Digital 5.1
Hungarian: Dolby Digital 5.1
Polish: Dolby Digital 5.1
Turkish: Dolby Digital 5.1
Ukrainian: Dolby Digital 5.1

Subtitles

English SDH, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Finnish, Polish, Russian, Turkish, Ukrainian

Was able to pick this up today, very happy to report that the store I went to none of them were in spider-wrap.

I'm very happy with it, only thing that kind of bothers me is the alignment on the cover. Seems a tad off.

Was able to pick this up today, very happy to report that the store I went to none of them were in spider-wrap.

I'm very happy with it, only thing that kind of bothers me is the alignment on the cover. Seems a tad off.

Damn, Target Canada has them too?! Any french on the cover law? Price?

Pics taken by rickah88 on another forum (no photos of the pages because they only include Life magazine covers; says there's 14 pages, 28 covers).

Looks pretty cheap/crappy to me, sadly. I don't think I'll pre-order/join GBs for anymore Target Digibooks until I see in-hand photos first. First the gigantic Catching Fire Digibook and now this cheap, cardboard-looking thing. :(

The slips are cool with metallic finishes. glad I passed on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: tridon
I've never purchased a Fox Digibook before, so I didn't know what to expect. It's safe to say that I'll probably never buy them in the future.

Sad to say, Fox digibooks are generally the worst. They normally put next to no effort into them, always use the cardboard disc holder and have a paltry number of pages. having said that, I think they are to be lauded for at least releasing a recent movie in the format, and I´m quite interested in seeing the magazine covers pages.;)

Sad to say, Fox digibooks are generally the worst. They normally put next to no effort into them, always use the cardboard disc holder and have a paltry number of pages. having said that, I think they are to be lauded for at least releasing a recent movie in the format, and I´m quite interested in seeing the magazine covers pages.;)

True dat

Called Target and was told my order was back ordered and will ship in a couple days. For some reason I don't believe the cs agent. Tempted to go to the store but I have a feeling spider man got to them.

Reactions: apsmith21
Called Target and was told my order was back ordered and will ship in a couple days. For some reason I don't believe the cs agent. Tempted to go to the store but I have a feeling spider man got to them.

I was told the same thing via email D. Seriously Target, my order has been in the system for weeks. :movie:

Must have been my lucky day because they had 20 of them and none were spider wrapped :LOL:

Now I'm tempted to check my store :cool:

Just watched this movie on a blind buy and did actually enjoy it, though I felt the ending was a bit predictable I was pleasantly surprised to see the "snow leopard" image.

As to the digibook I like it. I have no problems with the cardboard insert things, iirc Star Wars is like that, likely due to them both being 20th century but still no problems and for $20 on release day I won't complain.

2 people in the theater in NYC is already $22 for one viewing

Last edited:
It's not a popular title Andy. If I had a guess, you're store will have it. Don't go by the online stock checker though, because it said my store didn't have it.

I watched a interview with a group of directors. It had Cuaron, Greengrass, Lee Daniels, Mcqueen, David O. Russell,....and Stiller. It was right before first reviews came out because it talked about the "good word" spreading about his movie :LOL:

Reactions: darczap