Digibook The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (Target Exclusive Blu-ray Digibook) [USA]

kaw

Pop!/Movies/TV Mod
Premium Supporter
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver Canada
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty - Target Exclusive Digibook [USA]

Release Date: April 15, 2014
Price: $19.99 LINK
Group buy: here

mitty.jpeg

Includes exclusive 30 page Collectible Book with Unforgettable Life Magazine covers spanning more than 10 decades

Attachments

• mitty.jpg
    mitty.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 313
Last edited by a moderator:
Bought this on a blind buy while in Target today. The packaging is neat and I have heard good things about the movie. Also enjoy Ben Stiller. I feel he is an underrated actor just because of the comic roles. He was really good in Greenberg.

I'm happy to say my Target has strayed away from those awful spider security tags. They have a display with all the new releases- free as can be. For the same price as the regular amary, and no steelbook release in the foreseeable future- this seems to be the version to get if you enjoyed the movie. I for one thought it was quirky and enjoyed the landscapes throughout the movie ;)

Okay, here's a really lame question - when you show up at Target, how can you tell if you're buying the digi vs. the regular blu-ray? If you can see the top and bottom of the item lodged into one of those plexi security holders, will it look like an actual digibook inside the slip? They had a bunch of what I think were regular blu-rays at a Target I stopped at on the way home from work - they were in the standard blue amray case, which was inside the slip (which was inside the plexi thingie...) :wtf:

Okay, here's a really lame question - when you show up at Target, how can you tell if you're buying the digi vs. the regular blu-ray? If you can see the top and bottom of the item lodged into one of those plexi security holders, will it look like an actual digibook inside the slip? They had a bunch of what I think were regular blu-rays at a Target I stopped at on the way home from work - they were in the standard blue amray case, which was inside the slip (which was inside the plexi thingie...) :wtf:

Judging by this photo posted earlier in the thread by Tridon. it seems that the digibook version is about 3/4 of an inch taller than the amaray version. Hope that helps.

View attachment 67197

Reactions: Escuby Du
Judging by this photo posted earlier in the thread by Tridon. it seems that the digibook version is about 3/4 of an inch taller than the amaray version. Hope that helps.

Thanks, Martin (and thanks for the photo, Tridon!).
LOL - seems like I spend half my evenings reading through threads to see if my question has already been answered but I missed this one. :emb:

I'll try again tomorrow - I live an hour from where I work and if I alter my drive slightly, I pass by four Targets on the way home. Seems like it would be fertile hunting but with Target you can never tell.

I picked this up in the Target store in Bellingham, WA. They had them all stuck behind the regular amrays. Took me awhile to pull them out and stick them to the front of display for others. What a bunch of tools at Target.

Well done Ran - good for you!

Success! :LOL:

I finally found Mr. Mitty at the fourth Target store I visited. Like previous posters mentioned, it was sitting there in all its glory, free of security trappings. (There's actually a security bar on the inside of the sleeve.)

It was well worth the hunt because it was so nice to examine them and pick one that looked like it was as mint as possible. (And then hope it stays as mint as possible once you scrape all the sleeve glue off of it...)

I've got to say, every time Target or Walmart comes out with a desirable steel or digi, my first thought is always, "Good lord, will I spend days going from store to store trying to track it down in person or will I break down and order it online and then shriek with terror when I see it delivered in a shredded envelope with zero padding." EEK!

Congrats Escuby! Although I am happy with this digibook, I am hoping someone somewhere will release a high gloss SteelBook for this fantastic movie. I watched it 3 times over the weekend with my kids and their friends and they were simply blown away. With each viewing there was something new that was missed in the previous viewing that strengthened to the story. Very well done Mr Stiller!

I'm surprised no one has noticed that the size of this Digibook is slightly taller and slightly wider than the standard Digibooks.

Yes that´s the thing about digibooks, there are really no "standard" sizes. I suppose we have to remember that they are actually books, and books come in all different shapes and sizes. There are for example some HUGE digibooks, such as the Fnac "Saving Private Ryan" and the very LE "ABC´s of Death".

Though admittedly some digi"books" are more like digipamphlets! ;)

Reactions: ash333
bought this for $10 without dvd & digital copy :D it's no use for me anyway, i can put my soundtrack CD to the empty disc slot and it is really a bargain price :D

great movie. watched in cinema twice, and really enjoyed this. one of the best movie last year

Sounds like a movie I may enjoy, will be on the hunt for this digibook, hope i'm not too late looking for this, totally blind buy if I get my hand on one.

Sounds like a movie I may enjoy, will be on the hunt for this digibook, hope i'm not too late looking for this, totally blind buy if I get my hand on one.

if you can't find one, give me a shout and I can send you an extra copy I had from the group buy