The SteelBook™ Group Buy Request / Discussion Thread

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Would you like a member to host a group buy? Is there something that you think might be interesting to other members as well?

Can you all save on shipping? Or get some other type of discount?

Group buy hosts and members - use this thread to see if there is interest in the title(s) you are looking for.

be warned ... they ship in flimsy ****** packaging. A lot of people get lucky here in the states, but the packaging is horrible. I order my HMV stuff to a UK person and get rerouted. HMV return policy isnt like amazon where they will sometimes tell u just to keep damaged item. Instead you have to ship to them an they wont send out a replacement until they have gone through your package etc. So you could be waiting a while.

idk what their qty limits are ... but who knows ... maybe a group buy for their items in the USA would be good as you would assume if you order like 15-20 steels they may ship in a sturdy box. *shrug*

be warned ... they ship in flimsy ****** packaging. A lot of people get lucky here in the states, but the packaging is horrible. I order my HMV stuff to a UK person and get rerouted. HMV return policy isnt like amazon where they will sometimes tell u just to keep damaged item. Instead you have to ship to them an they wont send out a replacement until they have gone through your package etc. So you could be waiting a while.

Damn! :ohno: I've only gotten 1 package from them, but don't remember the packaging, but the steel was mint. Now, I have Avengers & Hunger Games pre-ordered. If they come damaged, there is a very good chance I will not get to exchange because they are OOS. :(

Damn! :ohno: I've only gotten 1 package from them, but don't remember the packaging, but the steel was mint. Now, I have Avengers & Hunger Games pre-ordered. If they come damaged, there is a very good chance I will not get to exchange because they are OOS. :(

Find a friend in the UK and have it shipped to them. ;)

idk what their qty limits are ... but who knows ... maybe a group buy for their items in the USA would be good as you would assume if you order like 15-20 steels they may ship in a sturdy box. *shrug*

I've only run one, maybe two, group buys from HMV and every one came in its own little box. The numbers I had weren't huge but the problem, as I see it, is twofold now. 1) Their packaging has gone from OK-ish in UK, to ****, to (judging by latest Batman Jumbo) virtually non-existent. 2) They seem to have arbitarily started to impose limits (3 for Avengers Assemble) however normally they are OK and you can do lots of single, double or multiple orders too. I don't think they would consider shiping together in a single box as it is all tied in with tax & customs regulations. :(

I'm surprised we don't have a Cabin In The Woods group buy going yet? Easily my most anticipated release of the year :scat:

Pretty please?

Since HMV ships WW, there usually are not GBs for HMV Exclusives.
Depends on release date could be combined with another either as a single request or a GB 'tacked' on to another. Haven't seen this yet.

Last edited: