The Sword in the Stone (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: Disney Collection #33) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: June 15, 2015
Purchase link: The Sword in the Stone
Price: £19.99
Notes: 3000 only

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

01.jpg

11127513-1224298751026463.jpg 11127513-1804298750898444.jpg 11127513-8784298750903112.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
and pre-ordered :D
people that are hanging on and thinking about the price drop this one is only 3000 not the regular 4000. so it will be gone quicker just remember you have been warned :angel:

remember golden rule pre-order now relent in leisure, how many times have we heard damn thought it would have lasted longer or was expecting a price drop :p

basil :thumbs:

It'll be back nearer release date and possibly with a discount code so people will be livid if they order at full price. I don't mind ordering at full price with some retailers but seeing as how it's Zavvi and I'll have to go head to head with their CS, I need the compensation. ;)

On that note will order with VBOX50 if they are still available tomorrow.

It'll be back nearer release date and possibly with a discount code so people will be livid if they order at full price. I don't mind ordering at full price with some retailers but seeing as how it's Zavvi and I'll have to go head to head with their CS, I need the compensation. ;)

On that note will order with VBOX50 if they are still available tomorrow.

well with a pre-order people can still can cancel if a code or price drop turns up!

Reactions: harry
and pre-ordered :D
people that are hanging on and thinking about the price drop this one is only 3000 not the regular 4000. so it will be gone quicker just remember you have been warned :angel:

remember golden rule pre-order now relent in leisure, how many times have we heard damn thought it would have lasted longer or was expecting a price drop :p

basil :thumbs:

i dont think this one will sell out fast. there are many other disney classics far more popular than sword in the stone that hung around for months on end. even still available now in sales.

also, disney originally cancelled this collection at the end of last year. there were no further plans to continue releasing steels. we can assume disney were strategic in the titles they chose to release- ie the ones they thought would sell. so the fact they drew a line on the collection before announcing this title suggests even they dont think it would do well.

you can spin the print run to make it a selling point, but the fact is, its low because they dont think it would sell the extra thousand. so personally, i will gamble (on good odds) that this will be in stock for some time, so i wont be an early adopter

Does anyone know if this will have the same disc as the 50th anniversary edition released in 2013?

If it is, then it's an easy pass for me. It could be the WORST picture quality blu-ray from Disney....horrible!!! :wtf:

I think it's pretty well known that the early 70's Disney animation was seriously below par and is considered as the blip in their creative output. No amount of restoration was ever going to salvage pretty ropey animation to begin with.

i'm ordering a copy just in case. hopefully it's a good one from disney! will cancel and re-order if it doesn't sell out and drops in price.

Just to reiterate what we all know:-
- Order all 3 tomorrow with VBOX50.
- Or order the 2 that are live now if you think there is a chance they will sell out before tomorrow midday (no way jose) and cancel them tomorrow and re-order with 'Sword' with a little off thanks to the code which I believe will still be available.
Of course, if you use the code don't expect to receive any further discount as you will not be eligible for any further reduction if the prices of any of the three drops before release date.
No brainer really.

Still not sold out and I am still not biting
It's only 2 weeks until release date and the buzz on here and elsewhere is not overwhelming so I will
Wait until next month

@JackRegan as a vet of Zavvi Disney steels, I can guarantee you that this title will never sell out during the pre-order phase
If it does, great, I'll get it cheaper on eBay. I wouldn't call resellers on eBay thieves et al, it's just part of the hobby. No one is obligated to buy, it's a choice thing lol. Thanks for chiming in though

Reactions: lgans316
@JackRegan as a vet of Zavvi Disney steels, I can guarantee you that this title will never sell out during the pre-order phase
If it does, great, I'll get it cheaper on eBay. I wouldn't call resellers on eBay thieves et al, it's just part of the hobby. No one is obligated to buy, it's a choice thing lol. Thanks for chiming in though

Well Charley, as I said, it's your call - you may be wrong, you may be right - you can't guarantee anything.

As for fleabay sellers - think I got it pretty much right for the bulk of them - the few decent ones (like Luke here) start low and allow the punters to determine the price. The rest just take the punters for mugs!