The Sword in the Stone (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: Disney Collection #33) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: June 15, 2015
Purchase link: The Sword in the Stone
Price: £19.99
Notes: 3000 only

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

01.jpg

11127513-1224298751026463.jpg 11127513-1804298750898444.jpg 11127513-8784298750903112.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm sh*t... I will be in belgium for the enitire day saterday. Does somebody know how long it generally takes for those disney steelbooks to sell out?

well it really depends some have sold out in 4 hours before and gone forever. then you have had others sold out and come back with cancelations and then sold out. and last caterogry sold out come back cancels sold out again and then magically some turn up later on again.

but for me personally this is a must have reminds me of my childhood like no other, its alright people saying this isnt the best blu ray transfer.
all i ask is show me another because i dont think there is no one has piped up and said this one here is better.
i will be buying this at full price if needed its not an issue, old bit of laughing childhood fun end of story.
@Geek Tragedy #142 :D

basil :thumbs:

My wife has been wanting to buy this as an amaray for months.
I kept having to dissuade her in the hope that it would be released as a steelbook eventually.
She will be chuffed when I get this! :D

Hmm sh*t... I will be in belgium for the enitire day saterday. Does somebody know how long it generally takes for those disney steelbooks to sell out?
It depends how popular the movie is to people. If if like The Lion King and sell out, then you don't have a chance it the world to get it later. But if it's like Snow White, then you can wait later

Inside art could be a lot better. But the rest looks quality

Thanks @harry .. don't know of I can get this as it's being released so soon. .will have to see. .bit of a shame as this was one I was waiting for. .I'll get an order in tomorrow then see how I go. Steelbook art looks great.. might have to make it happen somehow :)

Reactions: harry
This used to be childhood favorite of mine and I always thought it was one of the best Disney classics. Not too long ago I saw it on blu-ray as the kids were watching it and now I'm not sure if that's great afterall.

Reactions: tono06
Its a strange one,bookended by 101 Dalmatians and The Jungle Book and yet ironically it lacks the magic of those two movies,feels like its from the period when Disney were on the downturn.I loved it as a child but not too keen now,though I do feel its a lot better than the other two movies its being released with.

£20 that's a bit much but there's a lot of love for this it will "zavvi sell out" but then will it further drop when it's released .... also I know the colours will be amazing as Disney always is . Any mention of gloss if not I'm going to add some dust too