The Sword in the Stone (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: Disney Collection #33) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: June 15, 2015
Purchase link: The Sword in the Stone
Price: £19.99
Notes: 3000 only

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

01.jpg

11127513-1224298751026463.jpg 11127513-1804298750898444.jpg 11127513-8784298750903112.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Price listed at the moment as £19.99

Release date June 15th is ouch for me
Hopefully release date will change to July

I have to have this but funds are not there until after I pay outstanding bills and I already cancelled 9 orders with some with release dates in June

Reactions: Actarus and chunk
Price listed at the moment as £19.99

Release date June 15th is ouch for me
Hopefully release date will change to July

I have to have this but funds are not there until after I pay outstanding bills and I already cancelled 9 orders with some with release dates in June
9 ORDERS??!! Jesus Paul, I thought I had the bug!![emoji38]

I've read a lot of reviews of this movie and the transfer to blu ray is by general conceñsus very poor,it's what prevented me upgrading my DVD copy.Steelbook collectors don't care for such things,well the ones who don't open but it's worth highlighting for those that do.
Unless you're one of those instant gratification sorts I'd give it a few months after release and you'll be able to pick this up for £12.99 or less,it's just not going to sell in large quantities and Zavvi will be holding onto a lot of stock.

I actually feel there's a worry with these releases that if they don't sell it could well jeopardise the release of the remaining movies.

Reactions: runk0002
I've read a lot of reviews of this movie and the transfer to blu ray is by general conceñsus very poor,it's what prevented me upgrading my DVD copy.Steelbook collectors don't care for such things,well the ones who don't open but it's worth highlighting for those that do.
Unless you're one of those instant gratification sorts I'd give it a few months after release and you'll be able to pick this up for £12.99 or less,it's just not going to sell in large quantities and Zavvi will be holding onto a lot of stock.

I actually feel there's a worry with these releases that if they don't sell it could well jeopardise the release of the remaining movies.

The Sword in the Stone will sell well its the most wanted of the Disney Classics in the recent Disney Poll and was constantly been requested to get a steelbook from when they first started the Disney collection
Yes the Blu-ray picture quality did not get great reviews but its still a fun film from Disney Classics

It will sell out how long that will take is hard to predict but its not a release that won't sell well

The other 2 films Brother Bear and Emperor's New Groove I can see these been around for a while and you will most likely see these drop in price but don't expect that to happen quickly as the Disney Classics are ones not to see quick price drops you have to wait and they usually are back to full price soon after
The exception was Jungle Book and The Little Mermaid but that was due to a mistake in increasing the print runs

The price though in my opinion should be £14.99-£16.99 and not £19.99

The price you quoted is probably a fairer reflection and what I feel we'll be seeing within a few months. Granted it received a lot of votes (140) but that to me is indicative of the quality of the opposition,I don't actually see 140 people on here buying this title.
Pinocchio,the aristocats,peter pan,dumbo,Bambi,finding nemo,sleeping beauty,Mulan,Pocahontas,fox send the hound,rescuers,lady and the tramp,101 Dalmatians and probably more all hit £14.99 and a lot lower at some stage.This will follow suit,I can see the other two going for a third of their starting price.

The price you quoted is probably a fairer reflection and what I feel we'll be seeing within a few months. Granted it received a lot of votes (140) but that to me is indicative of the quality of the opposition,I don't actually see 140 people on here buying this title.
Pinocchio,the aristocats,peter pan,dumbo,Bambi,finding nemo,sleeping beauty,Mulan,Pocahontas,fox send the hound,rescuers,lady and the tramp,101 Dalmatians and probably more all hit £14.99 and a lot lower at some stage.This will follow suit,I can see the other two going for a third of their starting price.
Its been one of the most constant requested Disney Classic from day one to get a steelbook release
I was surprised it did not get a steelbook release with last years batch based on the amount of times it was requested

Its listed in every thread that was a ? every time I hope its The Sword in the Stone by lots of members

It will sell a lot more than 140 copies :rofl:

That is making a generalization, I collect and mostly keep my steel sealed but I do care greatly what is Inside(it is also a part of collecting). I also focus greatly on the content of the Blu-ray/blu-rays that are included in those steels that I mostly keep sealed. I make sure get best audio, blu-ray best print when it's pointed out, uncut movies etc.... so I multi buy for many reason... may prefer a package over another but in that package may not have something I want, so I get a different copy as well to make up for it so I have everything complete... so even though some of us keep most of our steel sealed we do care greatly of what is inside. well a lot of us. And I am learning and now making sure in the diversification I have all that I want from the specific movie (Steel, Prints, Extras, Sound, 3D, uncut, bonus packages etc I am sure you get the idea...)...But for the one copy that I open, either be an Amaray or an Occasional Steel, I will chose the one most complete.

Thank you for pointing out the poor quality Transfer, very helpful...

Last edited:
That is making a generalization, I collect and mostly keep my steel sealed but as much as I can make sure get best audio, blu-ray best print when it's pointed out, uncut movies etc.... so I multi buy for many reason may prefer a package over another but in that package may not have something I want, so I get a different copy as well to make up for it so I have everything complete... so even though some of us keep most of our steel sealed we do care greatly of what is inside. well a lot of us. And I am learning and now making sure in the diversification I have all that I want from the specific movie (Steel, Prints, Extras, Sound, 3D, uncut, bonus packages etc I am sure you get the idea...)

Thank you for pointing out the poor quality Transfer, very helpful...

This is why, for exemple. i collect futureshop disney steels/metals/ironpack instead of bestbuy one... they have the movie inside (with the french canadian audio and region A or free). Not because of the high value of those ones