The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974) (4K + Blu-ray Limited Edition) (Second Sight Films) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: April 10, 2023
Purchase links: Second Sight - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £44.99
Notes: Orders done direct from Second Sight store includes 3 exclusive collector's art cards while stocks last
328269142_895815088239190_5536708407647246044_n.jpg

ArtcardExclusives_900x.jpg

Last edited:
I’m getting this (for like the sixth or seventh time) and I’m fine with that. One of my all time favorites!!!

Looks like australia not being offered this im finding a trend here various items not available to buy from au site and you can’t even buy it through uk site either.
Many here have moved elsewhere to buy their stuff I’m bit annoyed as I spend a lot on zavvi and it’s like they are slowly excluding us.
Anyone else having this issue or just australia

Bit disappointed with the slip and booklet artwork.

The digipack art is nice tho

Not liking the artwork or the fact that everything is red. Might end up just buying the standard edition and putting the discs in the recent German full slip edition with steelbook.

Reactions: ManRay
Hmm yeah, I'd rather they did something new/original with the box art. Rest is pretty cool though! That said, I'm in no hurry to pick it up, so will risk missing out and hope for an eventual price drop.

@paulboland Any idea how many copies this is limited to?
I don't know the print run of the limited edition

Second Sight limited editions some sold out quickly after release date

But since they started to have standard editions available to pre order same time as the limited edition that likely effects limited version selling out quicker than would normally

Second Sight usually on their social media accounts give advance warning if a limited edition is close to selling out

Amazon UK live to pre order UK delivery only address at the moment
Closer to release date or after delivery address outside UK will be active for some countries

Amazon at the moment have a price of £48.04 that will drop to £44.99 or less before release date

Amazon UK live to pre order UK delivery only address at the moment
Closer to release date or after delivery address outside UK will be active for some countries

Amazon at the moment have a price of £48.04 that will drop to £44.99 or less before release date
Will Ireland be "some countries"?

Will Ireland be "some countries"?
Republic of Ireland in regards to Second Sight releases on Amazon UK most times since 2021 it's been months after release date when becomes available to order
The limited editions are often sold out before that happens.

Republic of Ireland members
You be better off ordering direct if you want the limited editions.
Second Sight Website Store ships to Republic of Ireland
Irish vat 23% included in purchase so no customs looking for Vat as it's already paid

Republic of Ireland in regards to Second Sight releases on Amazon UK most times since 2021 it's been months after release date when becomes available to order

Irish vat 23% included in purchase so no customs looking for Vat as it's already paid
Thanks Paul

Reactions: paulboland

Thanks Paul
Ordered from Second Sight. Thanks Paul.

Reactions: paulboland
It looks like Zavvi.ie no longer stock any 4k / Blurays anymore on their site. Zavvi.uk only ships within the UK. :dizzy:

It looks like Zavvi.ie no longer stock any 4k / Blurays anymore on their site. Zavvi.uk only ships within the UK. :dizzy:
You only notice this now it's been discussed on the HDN Web forum since February 6th

Retailer forum section and in some SteelBook threads

Post in thread 'Zavvi - Retailer chat [Europe]' https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/zavvi-retailer-chat-europe.22531/post-2503333

This was also why I suggested your order direct from Second Sight Website last week when you asked about Amazon UK
As Zavvi stopped letting customers do a order for physical media products if delivery address was outside UK since February 6th

Zavvi EU/International websites will still ship Clothes and Homeware products to delivery address outside UK

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Billy Talent