The Thing (1982) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Feb 10, 2020
Release date: September 20, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on August 3 Red Carpet live, general sale at 9 AM - UK time)
Price: £29.99

The Thing SteelBook.jpg

Open.jpg Inside.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually isn't it Warner that is distributing the Universal SteelBooks over there now?

Maybe not this one. I dunno. It says Universal in the Zavvi listing.

Universal UK = WB. They handle all their distribution now sadly.

Vise versa in the states, which is why US WB and Universal steels have been glossy over the last year or so and the UK counterparts have been mostly shafted with :BS: finishes.

Actually usually both Warner and Universal releases lately have been matte. Just to name a few recent titles, Zack's Justice League, Rear Window, Vertigo...

Actually usually both Warner and Universal releases lately have been matte. Just to name a few recent titles, Zack's Justice League, Rear Window, Vertigo...
Oh, fair. Those have been the same here too. I was thinking more GvK, WW84, Howard the Duck, Casper etc... all glossy US finishes, whereas the UK got :BS:

Reactions: Stygian
Universal UK = WB. They handle all their distribution now sadly.

Vise versa in the states, which is why US WB and Universal steels have been glossy over the last year or so and the UK counterparts have been mostly shafted with :BS: finishes.

Actually isn't it Warner that is distributing the Universal SteelBooks over there now?

Maybe not this one. I dunno. It says Universal in the Zavvi listing.

I did not know that. Cheers for the info

So the others weren’t glossy? I thought they were. Well be careful with the j card too because the glue was so hard it took off some finish too! And yes I was very careful.

• Wow
Reactions: Space Cadet
Mine as just arrived its the same finish as Escape from New York its a glossy finish i really like it and the spines match perfect apart from bottom logo which is universal

Reactions: ariba266
Mine as just arrived its the same finish as Escape from New York its a glossy finish i really like it and the spines match perfect apart from bottom logo which is universal
So the others weren’t glossy? I thought they were. Well be careful with the j card too because the glue was so hard it took off some finish too! And yes I was very careful.

wait so it is glossy? I’ll take my message back then lol

• Haha
Do you not feel that the art has been printed too dark? The background details are really hard to see compared to advertised art on mine.