The Thing (1982) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Cine-Museum Art #03) [Italy]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: September, 2018
Purchase link: Cine-Museum (Pre-order August 10, 2018) Check your local time HERE
Price: €42.90
Notes: 300 print run. Lenticular Full Briefs, Back Artwork exclusive by Fiona McCall, 4 x Postcards, Photobooklet (32 p.), Special Gift (?)
Group Buy: Link

36996920_10217289433734861_686121910299262976_n.jpg

This is the first (non-definitive) graphic of the third title of the Cine-Museum Art line.

Audio: Italian (DTS 5.1), German (DTS 5.1), English (DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1), French (DTS 5.1), Spanish (DTS-HD 2.0)

Subtitles: Italian, English, French, German, Spanish, Japanese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Norwegian, Portuguese, Swedish

Important: those who have already purchased the first two exclusive CMA can tell us the number and keep it for future releases.

Users are invited to provide suggestions for possible variations of the artworks

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
With iconic struzan art on front. I've been on the fence about it, but ive spent way too much lately so have to give this a pass.
I was in the same situation, but thats one i *actually* want and would regret not buying, so i bit the bullet!

totally lost track on how many steels/premiums ive purchased lately lol

With 32 qty left, a price that is not the most appealing I don't think people have missed it yet. Slip and print run most appealing.
I’m hoping CM focuses on releases of movies which don’t have (or less) premium edition. Of The Thing there are enough releases already. The one I got was Red Sparrow, everything else I have skipped so far.
There are so many great movies waiting for a premium release.

I’m hoping CM focuses on releases of movies which don’t have (or less) premium edition. Of The Thing there are enough releases already. The one I got was Red Sparrow, everything else I have skipped so far.
There are so many great movies waiting for a premium release.

actually the thing has zero premium editions, same with untouchables

The question : Will this feature the new 4K remaster? the same as Scream Factory just announced?

The question : Will this feature the new 4K remaster? the same as Scream Factory just announced?
No it's the Universal Blu-ray Disc release from 2008 in Italy it's not the 4K scan transfer

Scream Factory release 4K scan transfer by the way is the Arrow Video/Universal restoration
Universal own the rights to that transfer
4K scan of the negative was done by universal and from this scan restoration was done by Arrow and Universal

Arrow have the distribution rights in UK to 4K scan transfer
Shout Factory have the distribution rights of the 4K scan transfer in USA