The Thing (1982)-Das Ding Aus Einer Anderen Welt (Blu-ray SteelBook)[Germany]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Media Markt-release date March 1,2012 per Masterblaster.

Interest list started in Group Buy forum. More info to follow.

Release date on Amazon-November 15,2012

Purchase link

519Y3hO0pcL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JPBoston
so germany are keeping the 1982 original title as 'das ding, despite releasing the 2011 prequel with the title 'the thing'.
not quite sure if that works for me, personally.:rolleyes: hopefully, play.com will do a decent job with this one, as i feel the two movies would sit together better if the titles were in the same language.:D

It's possible that the staff that markets, buys and makes decisions for 'New Releases' have nothing to do with the group that does it for the Universal 100 wave, etc. The companies are very compartmentalized due to sheer size. May be a case where there are just too many cooks in the kitchen. Nevertheless, I look forward to 'Das Ding', 'The Thing', the 'Big Thing', the 'Long Thing' 'The Scary Thing' or whatever the hell they want to call it-I love this flick-classic sci-fi at its very finest and a stunning transfer for a film of its age, to boot! :scat:

It's possible that the staff that markets, buys and makes decisions for 'New Releases' have nothing to do with the group that does it for the Universal 100 wave, etc. The companies are very compartmentalized due to sheer size. May be a case where there are just too many cooks in the kitchen. Nevertheless, I look forward to 'Das Ding', 'The Thing', the 'Big Thing', the 'Long Thing' 'The Scary Thing' or whatever the hell they want to call it-I love this flick-classic sci-fi at its very finest and a stunning transfer for a film of its age, to boot! :scat:

Let's see how it compares to the HD DVD and whether they have used the same print.

i thought from what i have read the transfer on this, is very good apparently dont recall it saying anything about dnr.

Surf, yeah, this one may be just purchased for the case, since I already have the HD DVD, which rocks. 'The Thing' = 'Das Ding', so it is what it is. But I've not decided 100% we'll see how all of these waves turn out. They're likely a regular Steelbook run, so I am not rushing to buy anything.

Lol at some of these german steels especially this one comparable to the BTTF steels but worse. Can't wait for the UK Horizontal steel with backart and insideart.