The Thing (1982) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Scream Factory) [USA]

Apr 19, 2016
Release date: November 6, 2018
Purchase link: Shout! Factory - Amazon - Fye
Price: $28.43 - $34.93 (Shout) - $34.93 - $18.67 - $24.92 (Amazon) - $24.99 (Fye)
Notes: NEW 4K remastered disc included, lithograph available exclusively from Shout's website

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I probably wouldnt have purchased it, if i werent a huge fan of the movie... both mondo and arrow steelbooks are nicer..

Agreed. This is one example where I'm trying to be more selective on what editions I should get (still have to slim down a few others that I have way too many copies of)

• Thanks
Reactions: hatredhorror
Agreed. This is one example where I'm trying to be more selective on what editions I should get (still have to slim down a few others that I have way too many copies of)

lol, i can relate to that.. *sigh* i still remember my "just one copy per movie" days, nowadays its probably the exception lol... as for 'the thing' tho I pretty much *have to* buy anything.. I'm embracing my weakness

Do you guys think this will be listed on Amazon again? I was about to buy it when it dropped to $18, but soon it was sold out (and I wasn't in a hurry since it's a 10K run).

I don't even like the design much, but I want to add it next to the Arrow edition, I that I can have all the extras. :)

Can't find it on WoWHD either. (n)

You know that feeling when you get something that you think it'll be sold out soon, and then it's online for ages... And then the opposite situation, when you're too comfortable about something, and then you stupidly lose it like this.

Do you guys think this will be listed on Amazon again? I was about to buy it when it dropped to $18, but soon it was sold out (and I wasn't in a hurry since it's a 10K run).

I don't even like the design much, but I want to add it next to the Arrow edition, I that I can have all the extras. :)

Can't find it on WoWHD either. (n)

You know that feeling when you get something that you think it'll be sold out soon, and then it's online for ages... And then the opposite situation, when you're too comfortable about something, and then you stupidly lose it like this.

Looks like it's still available from Shout!

If you want to add it to a group buy purchase I'd be glad to help.

We can ship up to 3x items for the same cost.

Reactions: PracticingPat
i still remember my "just one copy per movie" days, nowadays its probably the exception lol... as for 'the thing' tho I pretty much *have to* buy anything.. I'm embracing my weakness

I had to have all the features and audio commentaries, so...

32076438467_d4c35347b3_c.jpg

You can see a couple of posts ago I was wondering how to get it to Europe without paying extra. Long story short, I have a great buddy, and I have birthday once a year, which is good enough combination for these... THINGS.
dunno.gif

I had to have all the features and audio commentaries, so...

32076438467_d4c35347b3_c.jpg

You can see a couple of posts ago I was wondering how to get it to Europe without paying extra. Long story short, I have a great buddy, and I have birthday once a year, which is good enough combination for these... THINGS.
dunno.gif
glad you finally got a mint copy! gratz!

Reactions: PracticingPat