The Transformers: The Movie (1986) - 30th Anniversary Edition (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Shout Factory) [USA]

May 30, 2014
Release date: September 13, 2016
Purchase links: Amazon - Best Buy - Shoutfactory (OOS) - Amazon CA (Temporarily OOS)
Price: $27.99 (Amazon - Best Buy) - $28.99 (Shout Factory - US/Canada shipping only) - CDN $35.16 (Amazon CA)

81576hh9jdL._SY445_.jpg

01.png 02.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Best Buy has a placeholder for this at $19.99, but pre-order is not live yet. "Coming Soon", but does have the photo of the steelbook, sku# 5577445

I get a feeling this is going to be rare, they only had 2 at my best buy and its sold out on amazon. I thought about passing on it as its so expensive at $27.99 but the rarity and that my kid is into trasnformers right now got me to buy it.

Mine that I got for $19.99 came with a dent under the j-card today. I sent it back to Amazon for a exchange and they are saying mid-October for a replacement. Makes me think there won't be any. I ordered from Shout just in case.

Mine that I got for $19.99 came with a dent under the j-card today. I sent it back to Amazon for a exchange and they are saying mid-October for a replacement. Makes me think there won't be any. I ordered from Shout just in case.
It may still happen? The UK Steelbook doesn't get released till 12th December. So if Amazon puts in another order now, that could get added to the UK order and they would just put in the US discs. I am purely guessing here and assuming the UK Steelbooks haven't been made yet.

This must have been a small print run? Felt like Christmas today. This, Captain America, Aliens Slipbox, and Straight Outta Compton FAC shows up. Today was a good day!!!

I went to 4 different Best Buys in the Cleveland, Ohio area hunting for today's SteelBook releases, and at every store I stopped at I was told that they only received in 2 copies of this SteelBook. At one of the stores the associate showed me on the computer what stock all the local stores had of it and it looked just like that, but surprisingly every store had additional orders for this that they were waiting to receive (though they couldn't say when they would receive in more copies.) So hopefully more of these will pour into stores for those who missed them.

I'm waiting on my Amazon order to come, now I'm worried about the condition, this as you can tell would be a big downer if it came damaged...

All my local Best Buys are sold out also

Hmv Canada has both versions in store... picked my steelbook up today after amazon.ca didn't show any signs of life for stock on this to ship. Was a few bucks cheaper also. Hmv says the steelbook is exclusive so that might be why amazon.ca didn't get any.