Hero Complex Gallery "The Walking Dead" Exhibition

Man of Steel

It's not an 'S'
Premium Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
Warwickshire, United Kingdom.
TWDpromoPostcard-Web.jpg

http://www.herocomplexgallery.com/pages/hcg-pr-amc-twd

Hero Complex Gallery has been hoarding for the zombie apocalypse as they prepare to announce their biggest exhibition of the year….invading Los Angeles on Friday, October 11th, from 7-10pm, on the eve of the Season 4 premiere, Hero Complex Gallery celebrates:
AMC’s The Walking Dead!

As millions of fans await the return of one of the most talked about television shows in the world, venture with us into the post-apocalyptic universe of AMC’s The Walking Dead. Artwork will be inspired by the group’s struggle to survive, fighting against the dead, fighting against the living, and even fighting themselves.

A horde of Hero Complex Gallery’s favorite artists are dancing with the dead, bringing to life the loved, hated, and oftentimes feared characters of this worldwide television phenomenon. Complicated leader, Rick Grimes, the dark and mysterious katana-wielding Michonne, and Southern bad boy turned good, Daryl Dixon, are just a few of the iconic characters of this series that are portrayed in paintings, prints, and sculpture.

Join us as we journey into the post-apocalyptic universe of AMC’s The Walking Dead!

Who: Hero Complex Gallery

What: Hero Complex Gallery celebrates AMC’s The Walking Dead

Description: Art Exhibition highlighting the characters and world of AMC’s The Walking Dead

When: Opening Reception: Friday, October 11th, 7-10pm

Additional Hours – W-Sun, 11am-6pm

Where: Hero Complex Gallery

2020 South Robertson Blvd., Studio D, Los Angeles, CA 90034

I am a huge walking dead fan but had to pass on all of these. Already have a Walking Dead print up, plus that collectors edition for season 3 cost an arm and a leg.

My loot from the show! :LOL:

DSCN4118s.jpg

The Walking Dead [Reg] (157/275) (Gabz) 24" x 36"

DSCN4119s.jpg

"The Rescue" (214/225) (JC Richard) 21" x 36"

DSCN4120s.jpg

"What Lies Ahead" (12/50) (Adam Rabalais) 36" x 12"
"Shane's 2nd Send-off" (Sig 35/50) (Dan Lazarow) 9" x 24"

And, my favorite from the show! :thumbs:

DSCN4124s.jpg

DSCN4131s.jpg

"Rick" [Mirror Variant] (Sig 09/20) (Zoltron) 18" x 24"

:movie:​

Last edited by a moderator:
Received my three prints about a week and a half ago but I have been too lazy to take any pics. :p

Not as impressed by the JC Richard print as I thought I would be. Still a good print though. Gabz really nailed his print. :thumbs:

Wish I had picked up the Lazarow print, but I chose the Rabalais "What Lies Ahead" print instead. Couldn't go wrong with either of them, but I love the Rabalais one even more now that I have it in hand. The wife was only luke warm to it until she saw it in person. Now she loves it.

Reactions: roseart
Received my three prints about a week and a half ago but I have been too lazy to take any pics. :p

Not as impressed by the JC Richard print as I thought I would be. Still a good print though. Gabz really nailed his print. :thumbs:

Wish I had picked up the Lazarow print, but I chose the Rabalais "What Lies Ahead" print instead. Couldn't go wrong with either of them, but I love the Rabalais one even more now that I have it in hand. The wife was only luke warm to it until she saw it in person. Now she loves it.

Was the jc print kinda dull in person? I bought a print of HUD a few months ago and it just didn't pop like it thought it was. Too many colors and the reds weren't bright.

Was the jc print kinda dull in person? I bought a print of HUD a few months ago and it just didn't pop like it thought it was. Too many colors and the reds weren't bright.

Sorry I am just getting back to you. The top 2/3 of the print was really detailed and I love how he made Michone and the two walkers look somewhat three dimensional.

The area where the ground is where I am not impressed. Maybe it's me, but it just does not look as detailed as the rest of the print. The pictures you see online(including rosearts), gives the impression that the ground is covered with leaves/branches. In person though, it does not look like that. At least I don't think so. Don't get me wrong, I like the print. But not as much as I thought I would.

Reactions: Swervin

well guys .... I think im about to do that print the most justice anyone will ever do to it.

So I told the "wife" to go get this framed for her brother's xmas present ...

I get a text at work that says "my brother will have to frame his own" "this one is ours"

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

mind you she had some 60% off coupon plus 15% on top.

So I find out that had she have paid the full price the frame job on this print alone would have been like $750+ EEK! - She still paid $320 to frame this! EEK! I was pretty steamed ; but on the other hand im kinda excited to see what it will look like and if she knows how to choose good stuff or not .... that and ive been working crazy hours so i was too tired to really say anything. really crazy price for a print that is only $40 and still in stock. Great print tho. she said triple matt btw.

when its all done I think I will send pic to the artist.

moral to the story .... don't send a woman to frame your prints if you care about the cost. :p

well guys .... I think im about to do that print the most justice anyone will ever do to it.

So I told the "wife" to go get this framed for her brother's xmas present ...

I get a text at work that says "my brother will have to frame his own" "this one is ours"

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mind you she had some 60% off coupon plus 15% on top.

So I find out that had she have paid the full price the frame job on this print alone would have been like $750+ EEK! - She still paid $320 to frame this! EEK! I was pretty steamed ; but on the other hand im kinda excited to see what it will look like and if she knows how to choose good stuff or not .... that and ive been working crazy hours so i was too tired to really say anything. really crazy price for a print that is only $40 and still in stock. Great print tho. she said triple matt btw.

when its all done I think I will send pic to the artist.

moral to the story .... don't send a woman to frame your prints if you care about the cost. :p

My local Micheal's wants $300 to frame up my Man of Steel print regardless of coupon unless I go with one of the cheapest frames they have. And I would not pay $230+(costs with said frames) to put my print in one of the ones they showed me.

Just a head's up though, and I know it is a little too late for that print, but Micheal's will have a 60% + 20% coupon for this weekend. Due to BF shopping, and the fact I am pretty po'd at my local store, I'm gonna probably end up passing on this deal.

And btw, yeah we will need pics of that framed up.

I took 2 of mine to get framed at Hobby Lobby just over a week ago. Unfortunately, the wife is using the framing as an xmas gift. So I can not see them until then. :(

I did find me a frame at Micheals during the BF sales to use on the third of my WD prints(JC Richard) that I plan on getting framed just after the holidays.