Completed The Walking Dead (Season 11) [AMC]

Glen-BoB

Grampie Blu-Clan
Jan 28, 2009
Dartmouth, NS, CaNaDa
Season 7 :twd:

TWD S7 Banner.jpg

This is right up my alley and looks pretty cool.

wd.jpg

AMC Upcoming Original Series: The Walking Dead

AMC Upcoming Original Series: The Walking Dead

AMC has greenlit The Walking Dead as a six-episode series based on the comic book written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics. The Walking Dead tells the story of life following a zombie apocalypse. It follows a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, traveling in search of a safe and secure home. Andrew Lincoln (Love Actually, Teachers, Strike Back) will portray the lead role of Rick Grimes while actor Jon Bernthal (The Pacific, The Ghost Writer) will portray the character Shane, who worked with Rick in the police department before the zombie disaster. Other cast includes Laurie Holden (The Shield), who plays Andrea, one of two sisters who join the survivors of the zombie plague, Steven Yeun as Glenn, an expert scavenger and Sarah Wayne Callies (Prison Break), who plays Rick's wife Lori.

The Walking Dead begins production in June in Atlanta with six, one-hour episodes for season one. The series is set to premiere in October 2010 during AMC Fearfest, the network's annual blockbuster marathon of thriller and horror films. AMC announced development of The Walking Dead in August 2009 and announced the pilot in January of this year.

About the Producers
Robert Kirkman serves as an executive producer on the project and three-time Academy Award-nominee Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile) serves as writer, director and executive producer. Gale Anne Hurd (The Terminator, Aliens, Armageddon, The Incredible Hulk), chairman of Valhalla Motion Pictures, serves as Executive Producer. David Alpert from Circle of Confusion serves as Executive Producer. Charles “Chic” Eglee (Dexter, The Shield, Dark Angel) will also serve as Executive Producer, and Jack LoGiudice (Sons of Anarchy, Resurrection Blvd) will serve as Co-Executive Producer.

"AMC strives to make original shows that play like movies and The Walking Dead is a perfect complement to the network’s celebrated movie franchise, Fearfest, which has always been an important destination for our audience," said Charlie Collier, AMC President. "With its depth of story and the remarkable talent attached, The Walking Dead gives us an opportunity to raise the bar significantly within this popular genre, and continue our commitment to being the home of premium programming on basic cable."

"The Walking Dead is that rare piece of material that plays on many levels," says Joel Stillerman, Senior Vice President of Programming, Production and Digital Content. "Kirkman's series brilliantly captures the social commentary and ongoing human drama of the zombie apocalypse; and let's us kick a little zombie you-know-what from time to time."

Last edited by a moderator:
I met up with my buddy Norman at NYCC yesterday backstage at the Walking Dead panel. Very cool guy to take the time out of his super busy day to hang with me and my friends. I got him to autograph my Walking Dead Season 1 BR set, along with the other cast members there at the show. They were all very nice and genuinely happy to meet us. I personally got a few of the autographs (Norman, Jon Bernthal, Greg Nicotero, Laurie Holden), and the others Norman got for me - he took the BR and passed it around to the rest of the cast (Chandler Riggs, Steven Yeun.) before they took off. Very cool. I also got a few minutes with Robert Kirkman, but missed his auto because the BR was being passed around :( (oh well, this won't be the last time I meet him...)

This is the prized piece of my collection now!

picture.php

I also got to snag most of the name cards from the panel too!

picture.php

Reactions: digitalbabe
Awesome episode tonight for season 2 premier! Can't wait to see the rest of the season. Now watching some DVD extras from Season 1 until the Talking Dead @ 12 with live chat with robert kirkman.

Yeah, I loved that. I really loved the hoard walking up the highway and them hiding under the cars. Super suspense! It was awesome to see that scene last night at NYCC with 3000 people. Their reaction to T-Dog cutting his arm was priceless!

I just recently watched The Walking Dead, and while I think it's a pretty interesting series, i'm not too fond of the zombies, as they seem way too strong (they can hear, smell, see, and even use objects to get where they want to get).

Well if they didn't spice up the challenge, where would the fun be in watching!

I've starting watching the first season again - man I really enjoy this series. I like how they show different stages of zombies with different attributes. The drama is so well done for a "horror" series too. The creators even get the audience feeling sorry for some of the zombies too.....in that scene with bicycle girl (old woman with legs missing crawling in park) when Grimes returns to find her, you actually feel bad for her. The same for the one they chop up and spread all over themselves in the second episode. I love how they just turn the tables..... can't wait to see the rest of this season.

Great first episode of the season, imo. Loved the flock of zombies scene, especially. I'm definately going to have to check out the webisodes this weekend, when i get time.

I was let down with S02E01... WAAAAAAAAAAAY too much boring talking for one episode. The zombie herd was cool, but who didn't see where it was headed... Writing 101 fail!

The ending was a bit of a shocker though... I hope the series picks up; I was already barely happy with season 1.

Good episode 2 although it needed more Zombie action. Good tension build up:) can't wait for next episode.

Yes, it was a great episode....good build up at the end. Next weeks promised to be action packed.
I also like the turmoil building up within the group. Should prove to be good....

You got that right spawn, good build up for next weeks episode. And the whole turmoil with the group is just great, can't wait to see what happens next.
they gotta hurry up and move along with the whole little girl subplot:angry:

Reactions: spawnshop