Completed The Walking Dead (Season 11) [AMC]

Glen-BoB

Grampie Blu-Clan
Jan 28, 2009
Dartmouth, NS, CaNaDa
Season 7 :twd:

TWD S7 Banner.jpg

This is right up my alley and looks pretty cool.

wd.jpg

AMC Upcoming Original Series: The Walking Dead

AMC Upcoming Original Series: The Walking Dead

AMC has greenlit The Walking Dead as a six-episode series based on the comic book written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics. The Walking Dead tells the story of life following a zombie apocalypse. It follows a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, traveling in search of a safe and secure home. Andrew Lincoln (Love Actually, Teachers, Strike Back) will portray the lead role of Rick Grimes while actor Jon Bernthal (The Pacific, The Ghost Writer) will portray the character Shane, who worked with Rick in the police department before the zombie disaster. Other cast includes Laurie Holden (The Shield), who plays Andrea, one of two sisters who join the survivors of the zombie plague, Steven Yeun as Glenn, an expert scavenger and Sarah Wayne Callies (Prison Break), who plays Rick's wife Lori.

The Walking Dead begins production in June in Atlanta with six, one-hour episodes for season one. The series is set to premiere in October 2010 during AMC Fearfest, the network's annual blockbuster marathon of thriller and horror films. AMC announced development of The Walking Dead in August 2009 and announced the pilot in January of this year.

About the Producers
Robert Kirkman serves as an executive producer on the project and three-time Academy Award-nominee Frank Darabont (The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile) serves as writer, director and executive producer. Gale Anne Hurd (The Terminator, Aliens, Armageddon, The Incredible Hulk), chairman of Valhalla Motion Pictures, serves as Executive Producer. David Alpert from Circle of Confusion serves as Executive Producer. Charles “Chic” Eglee (Dexter, The Shield, Dark Angel) will also serve as Executive Producer, and Jack LoGiudice (Sons of Anarchy, Resurrection Blvd) will serve as Co-Executive Producer.

"AMC strives to make original shows that play like movies and The Walking Dead is a perfect complement to the network’s celebrated movie franchise, Fearfest, which has always been an important destination for our audience," said Charlie Collier, AMC President. "With its depth of story and the remarkable talent attached, The Walking Dead gives us an opportunity to raise the bar significantly within this popular genre, and continue our commitment to being the home of premium programming on basic cable."

"The Walking Dead is that rare piece of material that plays on many levels," says Joel Stillerman, Senior Vice President of Programming, Production and Digital Content. "Kirkman's series brilliantly captures the social commentary and ongoing human drama of the zombie apocalypse; and let's us kick a little zombie you-know-what from time to time."

Last edited by a moderator:
You should put a spoiler around that;) its missing important names if you know what I mean;) that's a good list though:)
T-Dog better get a lot of kills to make up for this season, since he's been stading around;)

Last edited:
T-dog is just useless, the writers should have killed him in the first episodes of season 2, when he had the fever because of his arm.

I love this show so much, it's just an amazing series.

The first 4 episodes of the first season were really good, but the last two were kind of disappointing and 'numb'. The opening episode of season two included very intense Walkers scene, which made all the time we've waited to be worth it. The episodes to follow were just 'meh' at the most, with some exceptions like the Shane-Otis episode. From episode 7 and so on, this season just turned out to be AMAZING!!!

Last week's episode was very intense, with all the Rick-Shane situation. It ended in the only way it could. The story of Shane, from the beginning of the Walkers Apocalypse to his own end, was just horribly tragic. I actually shed a tear or two... or even more, I admit! I loved Shane and he had an amazing and very interesting character development, and he will certainty be missed. :(

I was shocked when we found out that they are all infected already with the virus. The bites never were the reason for the dead to come back as Walkers. Actually, all they need is to die, without head or brain trauma of course, in order to "wake up" as Walkers. EEK!

BTW am I the only one who thinks that the Carl scene in the end was one big massive BULLS***?? He pointed a gun at his father, BEFORE Shane woke up as a Walker. And how the hell he succeeded to shoot him straight in the middle of his forehead from that distance? He is a child, how much gun-experience does he have anyway? And he could have missed and hit his father instead, which was basically between him and Shane. Another scenario could have ended by Rick being bitten by Walker-Shane. :wtf:

So besides my wining about that, I think it was one of the best episodes of the series. I'm really looking forward to season's finale! I hope it won't disappoint. :ohno:

Last edited:
You should put a spoiler around that;) its missing important names if you know what I mean;) that's a good list though:)
T-Dog better get a lot of kills to make up for this season, since he's been stading around;)

Who'd I miss? I think that's everyone on the farm. (not counting other characters that may show up later).

2 major characters that kicked the bucket and aren't on your list. Members will know who died 2 episodes back, just saying compadre;)
They'll be like where's .... And .... They aren't on the list, what happened to them. Like Wreck and others don't want to get spoiled, since they are waiting for the blu ray to come out:)

BTW am I the only one who thinks that the Carl scene in the end was one big massive BULLS***?? He pointed a gun at his father, BEFORE Shane woke up as a Walker. And how the hell he succeeded to shoot him straight in the middle of his forehead from that distance? He is a child, how much gun-experience does he have anyway? And he could have missed and hit his father instead, which was basically between him and Shane. Another scenario could have ended by Rick being bitten by Walker-Shane. :wtf:

I think they hinted at this by showing Shane teaching Carl to shoot, and it was also a main story line in the books, that it seems they didn't want to get too far away from.
And you can't kill Rick yet - he's the main character that the show is based around. That would be like killing Jack Bauer in season 2 of 24 :hilarious:
I understand your train of thought though. I don't mind the "slow" parts during the series... it just makes the intense parts that much more intense, plus I really like the storyline so far.

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

2 major characters that kicked the bucket and aren't on your list. Members will know who died 2 episodes back, just saying compadre;)
They'll be like where's .... And .... They aren't on the list, what happened to them. Like Wreck and others don't want to get spoiled, since they are waiting for the blu ray to come out:)

But they already aired....but i get it.

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Tough luck!!! Not my fault they don't keep up week-to-week! And it's not like AMC didn't spoil it anyway :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: Just kidding..... i already adjusted my posts. :D

You said it! And they moved Talking Dead up to right after the first showing too! I can actually go to bed on time tomorrow/tonight i mean LOL

I think they hinted at this by showing Shane teaching Carl to shoot, and it was also a main story line in the books, that it seems they didn't want to get too far away from.
And you can't kill Rick yet - he's the main character that the show is based around. That would be like killing Jack Bauer in season 2 of 24 :hilarious:
I understand your train of thought though. I don't mind the "slow" parts during the series... it just makes the intense parts that much more intense, plus I really like the storyline so far.

Oh you're right, I managed somehow to forget it. I actually don't mind the slow parts by that much, though I always do hear a lot of complaints about it.

Regarding the risk of Rick of dying, I meant that Carl's choice wasn't realistic to me. I think he risked his father very much at that moment, at least in my point of view he did. I don't think someone in real life would take that kind of risk. Of course I didn't think the writers would kill him, I'm referring only to the reliability of Carl's behavior at this scene.

EDIT:
You said it! And they moved Talking Dead up to right after the first showing too! I can actually go to bed on time tomorrow/tonight i mean LOL
AMC wrote on their Tweeter account that during tonight's Talking Dead show, they will make a special announcement about Season 3.

Last edited:
AMC wrote on their Tweeter account that during tonight's Talking Dead show, they will make a special announcement about Season 3.

I'm pretty sure I already know what this is....;)
(This is the one downfall about working on product for the show :()

I really hope they introduce Michonne just like in the Comics :D

Rumor has it she will show up in Season 3, but they haven't even cast her yet, so that can't be the preview they are talking about for the Talking Dead.