El NINJA Chingon
Premium Supporter
Jan 18, 2011
Winter Garden, Florida
Thanks to willo007 for this heads up:cool:
Release Date: August 27th, 2013
Buy Link: The Walking Dead Season 3
Price: $54.99 - $29.99 on release week

Would you purchase Season 1 and 2 in a Steelbook? Share feedback here.

WalkingDeadS3.jpeg

image.jpg

Would you purchase Season 1 and 2 in a Steelbook? Share feedback here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine came in the mail today with a huge dent from shipping. Target needs to mail stuff in boxes not crappy envelopes.

Thankfully my wife is going to exchange it for me.

Mine came in the mail today with a huge dent from shipping. Target needs to mail stuff in boxes not crappy envelopes.

Thankfully my wife is going to exchange it for me.

Target is bad at shipping Steelbooks. If you can, order 3 or more to make them use a box when shipping, you still run the risk of damage because they tend to just throw them in the box with some of those small air bags but it's better than just a jiffy bag. Once in hand return the ones you don't need to the store for your money back.

1 target didnt have any, my other target had 10 (1 had bad spine slash, a lot of offset spines) , i bought 1 despite already having the collector edition, have a feeling it will become rare later on

What a joke, was there at opening first one through the door. None up front, went to the back and none there. I asked a clerk and he said they only got in 1 copy and he bought it. And of course that really ticked me off. Why would an employee say that to a customer.:angry:

And against Targets employee guidelines! Sorry Ricker.. If you need it i can get it for you.

BTW.. our store had 10-12 copies.

You're right about the offset spines. Every copy at my local Target had the off-centered spine. This is a factory issue, not Target's fault. But most of the spines looked like the strip they used were cut crooked so there's really no way to apply them straight. Plus many are just attached way too far to one side.

a lot of offset spines
I noticed this too when I checked out the stock in my local store earlier. Terrible QC on the spine labels, the labels on all but one were hanging off the edge of the spines, many on more than one edge, all of them crooked. Add in the built-in paint chips and, like the chintzy Bourne steels before it, it may be difficult to find a copy in great all-around shape.

I feel better about passing on this for the digi, but I feel worse about what seems to be an overall decline in the quality of the SteelBook as a product.

I already ordered online. Makes me mad I could not use the cartwheel discount, but thanks buddy

That stinks! I was so asleep (literally I forgot all about the coupon) so after I PAID she adjusted it for me turns out it would not read from my phone as 10% off... I was informed the system is "buggy" but a manager came over and told the woman to just give me $3 back by overriding .

Hopefully yours shows up minty mint :scat::scat:

You're right about the offset spines. Every copy at my local Target had the off-centered spine. This is a factory issue, not Target's fault. But most of the spines looked like the strip they used were cut crooked so there's really no way to apply them straight. Plus many are just attached way too far to one side.

I did not even think of checking the spine on mine today. Thankfully no slash mark and it looks to be on center .

The two batches I found all have paint chips around the bottom front corners. Got tired of the poor quality so walked into Best Buy and grabbed meself a couple aquariums of zombie heads (and scared the crap out of the kids in front of me in the checkout line).

you need to keep that bag over your head when you are out in public Ash:hilarious:

So I just called target.com customer service to get the pre-order price adjusted from $54.99 to the introductory sale price of $29.99 and even after talking to a supervisor, they refused because they cannot price match a pre-order per their terms and conditions. The supervisor said that I agree to pay the price listed, they agree to send the item and reserve the item, which is absolutely un-true, even though I ordered E.T. months in advance, that order was cancelled due to lack of stock lol.

Target.com is ****ing joke and I will never order from them again. I will deny this package after putting my boot through it.