El NINJA Chingon
Premium Supporter
Jan 18, 2011
Winter Garden, Florida
Thanks to willo007 for this heads up:cool:
Release Date: August 27th, 2013
Buy Link: The Walking Dead Season 3
Price: $54.99 - $29.99 on release week

Would you purchase Season 1 and 2 in a Steelbook? Share feedback here.

WalkingDeadS3.jpeg

image.jpg

Would you purchase Season 1 and 2 in a Steelbook? Share feedback here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just really hope Starz/Target has tighting up on the quality control this time.. The DJANGO steels had more chips than Lays! :hilarious:

ALSO WARNING This has scratching and paint chips like Django was . I have a few under the top corner where the banner paper was.

As I mentioned when this was announced, quality control was my main concern. I'm really not in the mood to explain to customer service on why I'm returning the same item multiple times. :rolleyes:

Im never home because of work so I dont have cable which leads me to buy season tv shows when they are released.

agree, I don't have time to watch them while they are on tv so I rent the tv seasons from the library now.. cheap and easy! =)

BTW.. go check out the show "Banshee" It's very awesome if you like gratuitous nudity and violence!

Thanks for the inside pics folks!

34gn6ds.jpg

No sure about the packaging but the Best Buy Exclusive has 8-Disc Set instead of 5. :thumbs:

Thanks Quenton - seems like the only thing that has a digi is the head set, which I'm not too keen on getting. Trying to match up with my other editions for S1 & S2, not a big fan of jumbos. :thumbs:

Reactions: Bluprint
What a joke, was there at opening first one through the door. None up front, went to the back and none there. I asked a clerk and he said they only got in 1 copy and he bought it. And of course that really ticked me off. Why would an employee say that to a customer.:angry:

Only 2 on the shelf at my store. And one of them had a chip on the corner under the wrap. Hope mine doesn't. :eek:

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

Not sure if you can see the chips on the top 2 corners
IMG_0406_zps9d395378.jpg

not a big fan of jumbos. :thumbs:

I plan on printing the artwork for season 3 and keeping my disc inside a normal 5 disc case.

What a joke, was there at opening first one through the door. None up front, went to the back and none there. I asked a clerk and he said they only got in 1 copy and he bought it. And of course that really ticked me off. Why would an employee say that to a customer.:angry:

Mine only had 1 on display. But a couple that were there after me asked them to scan mine to find out if more were in the store. He scanned the tag on the shelf and it said none were in store.....

Last edited:
Got mine yesterday and called today and convinced them to credit back $25. They didnt want to at first but after I explained it was a preorder they gave in

Reactions: 8bitninja
Dropped in on my local target during my lunch break. I had called ahead and, after checking the back room because none of them were on the floor, I got them to put one on hold for me.

I went in, saw 1 out on the floor, picked it up, then went to the electronics desk to get the one they held for me. Thank god for the one of the floor because the one she picked up was bent on the front side and the jumbo plastic caved in on itself.
ug5o.jpg

Mine is seemingly fine, other than the spine being misaligned. But that can be adjusted.
fx9n.jpg

5fj4.jpg

$28.88 after all discounts and taxes

Also noticed on the receipt it says that it can be returned for the same item if opened, so now I'm opening it to inspect without the fear of not being able to return it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8bitninja
Only 3 at my store so may be somewhat limited. Too bad Anchor Bay releases are plagued with paint chips. There were 2 visible on mine sealed, then I opened it and found 2 more under the j card. Its cool though.

Only 3 at my store so may be somewhat limited. Too bad Anchor Bay releases are plagued with paint chips. There were 2 visible on mine sealed, then I opened it and found 2 more under the j card. Its cool though.

This is a matte release, right?

There are hardly any chips when they put some nicer effects on the steelbook. :(

Reactions: Bluprint
This is a matte release, right?

There are hardly any chips when they put some nicer effects on the steelbook. :(

Yup. Same finish as Django Target. A cheaply feel too it. Probably could scratch the paint off with a fingernail.:ohno: But with it being on sale for 29.99 and a 10% off coupon, Its hard to pass on.:D