The World's End (Blu-ray SteelBook) (EverythingBlu Exclusive #003) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: May 6, 2019 - May 20, 2019
Purchase links: Blu Box - Full Slip - Lenticular - SteelBook (Pre-orders will go live 19th December at 8:00pm UK TIME)
Price: £67.99 (Blu Box) - £27.98 (Full Slip) - £28.99 (Lenticular) - £17.99 (Steelbook)
Note: Full gloss, embossing, debossing

be294971-f4ca-4407-8d2a-4a10c51b4593.png

packshot-instagram_1024x1024.png slip-collection_1024x1024.png lenti-collection-instagram_1024x1024.png

Last edited:
I think EB are trying too hard to come up with something new & original. I'd like to see a steelbook seller that just releases steels with poster art. The first 2 posters that @Robsonmonkey mentioned would be perfectly acceptable. It just seems crazy to me to go to a load of effort getting something completely new approved that doesn't look as good as ready made art that's already available.

I skipped Hot Fuzz because for the same reason. It's like they're being designed by an amateur who thinks they know what they're doing just because they can do object layering on a stock background. I mean WTF was going on with those clouds on the Hot Fuzz slips?! So random & naff.

It's sad because you have a small company like Everything Blu who have this entire operation of making steelbooks and special packaging for big time films but with awful artwork...yet we know people on this forum who could design amazing steelbook designs . Hate to toot his own horn once again but look at all the great stuff @Noodles produces. I don't personally know how he works on his designs or how long it takes him but if you could find literally bunch of people similar to him and give them something like Everything Blu then imagine the amazing s*** we'd get.

Everything Blu could use forums like this to ask people what they'd want to see and the like but they don't.

It's sad because you have a small company like Everything Blu who have this entire operation of making steelbooks and special packaging for big time films but with awful artwork...yet we know people on this forum who could design amazing steelbook designs . Hate to toot his own horn once again but look at all the great stuff @Noodles produces. I don't personally know how he works on his designs or how long it takes him but if you could find literally bunch of people similar to him and give them something like Everything Blu then imagine the amazing s*** we'd get.

Everything Blu could use forums like this to ask people what they'd want to see and the like but they don't.
@Wreck Can we start our own Premium Steelbook line with artwork from @Noodles

You could design the best thing, but what's the point if the studios refuse to approve it?

For all we know, maybe EB are coming up with much better designs we haven't seen but they're just not getting approved......

almost said that I can’t belive this artwork got approved and then I remembered the constant stream of **** artwork that we have seen over recent years.
Original steelbook artwork trumps this easily, maybe the slips will be better, not holding my breath though.

Horrible artwork. Sucks for those people who want the EB trilogy. I never intended on getting anything released by them since day 1 and never have, they are too amateur and can't hang with the big boys.

That being said, I applaud their efforts.

I’m not hating it, but the WWA art is vastly superior IMO. I really want to support EB, but their choices of art of late has been...um...
Agreed

I still intend on getting Hot Fuzz but am leaning toward a massive no for this one.
I'd be paying £30(ish) for just the slip basically, selling this steel and swapping it out for the WWA I already own

Might be better to buy a custom lenti slip to complete the trilogy than buy this.
Shame - REALLY want to support a local UK steelbook retailer but its hard when they release such trash (and cheap finish/feel, based on the Shaun of the Dead lenti I have of theirs at least.) So much potential seemingly wasted :(

Like stacked artwork but personally not a fan of this one as looks a bit amateurish to my eyes with cut-out heads/torsos slotted in the gaps between the main artwork consisting of just Simon Pegg's character and the steelbook edges . . . back art couldn't be better though with pictorial representations of the 12 pubs listed on this poster:-
1544534979892.png

However, wish they'd been able to use a mint choc. chip green background on this steelbook to continue the Cornetto Trilogy theme started w/ strawberry SHAUN and original 'Classico' HOT FUZZ instead of using similar colouring to HOT FUZZ and to the previous THE WORLD'S END steelbook:-
1544535088350.png
1544535198273.png

No disrespect to EBlu as it seems unfortunately not a massive choice available to them regarding official art for this film as appears to be only these 2 posters with variations of same out there ...
1544532022450.png
1544532239558.png

... apart from a few others noticeably different including these two:-
1544532976677.png
1544533027535.png

packshot-instagram_1024x1024.png

EverythingBlu's Exclusive 'The World's End' SteelBook Pre-order Details
Hi everyone,

We are very excited to announce the pre-order details for the EverythingBlu Exclusive 003: The World's End Blu-ray SteelBook.

Pre-orders will go live 19th December at 8:00pm UK TIME!

Expected Release Date: 4th March 2019

Full Disc info, prices and brand new images showing the contents of each edition is now on store for you to check out, just hit the link below!

www.everythingblustore.com

I like it. And they've mentioned on Facebook:
We have read all feedback from both previous cornetto releases and have now finalised the product which will be a thicker Shaun of The Dead Slip style slip and that is what it will now stay as :) Thanks for your support!

So hopefully it won't be weird slip covers like Hot Fuzz was.

The lenti slip art should've been used on the steelbook IMO, as that has the most consistent artwork overall. I'm really liking the front of the full slip too!

As for the bluebox... I like all three that they've done so far, although I think the green on this is too bright - it reminds me more of Slimer/Ghosbusters.

But anyhoo... it's great that they got to finish the entire Cornetto Trilogy, and I look forward to seeing future releases!

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
Slip arts are not too bad but just not feeling it or EB anymore. Plus I can’t stand the steel
Art.
They can’t even make high res images. Their other announcements aren’t really doing it for me either

Shame because I have the Shaun blu box but can’t bring my self round to hot fuzz and worlds end boxes and I love both films

Perfectly presented minty green outer box to go with the other two boxes containing the first two parts of the Cornetto trilogy . . . best thing about these releases being the nicely matched outer boxes.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1544749015561.png
------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Strawberry and Original ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------mint ----------------------------------------------------------I
1544747989862.png
1544747844241.png
+
1544748490493.png

Last edited: