image.jpg

10800278-1366890913-90163.jpg

10800278-1366890913-90223.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 303
Last edited by a moderator:
Seriously guys. How hard can be to replace a damaged copy, I sent some pix zavvi requested to see the dents for my copy and they say to send some more because tha damage was not clear. This is my first problem with them and its becoming so dum!

Does ANYONE have a version with correctly aligned embossing? I've had one from Sainsbury and one from Amazon an both are as bad as each other. Should I try again?

I noticed that the F in Files is slightly out but the rest looks ok. Are you talking about the whole thing not being aligned properly.

this is the second time i sent pictures of my damaged steelbook to zavvi and they keep on insisting they can see the damaged alone the side on the back...i'm :angry::angry: here for you to see! is not like i'm asking for refund just exchange!

Attachments

• 347.jpg
    347.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 342.jpg
    342.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 88
  • 340.jpg
    340.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 94
  • 338.jpg
    338.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 76
  • 339.jpg
    339.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 88
this is the second time i sent pictures of my damaged steelbook to zavvi and they keep on insisting they can see the damaged alone the side on the back...i'm :angry::angry: here for you to see! is not like i'm asking for refund just exchange!

Just wanted to say, playing devil's advocate, that your pictures are so blurred, it's difficult to see anything, let alone the damage...

Try to take some better, in focus pictures, and showing that it is the X-Files steel, as from the pictures in this post, it could be a picture of anything...

Just trying to be helpful :thumbs:

Reactions: tono06

Difficult to see something.
I got mine yesterday and my Panasonic player refuses to play the Blu-ray "Fight The Future"
Amazon sent me another copy and asked me to keep the defective item.

Your pics are a little blurry but still look fine to me. I can see the damage on the top left corner, a long crease and the back of the steel clearly shows its X-Files. Maybe try taking some pictures with more light so it's easier for them to make it out.

Just wanted to say, playing devil's advocate, that your pictures are so blurred, it's difficult to see anything, let alone the damage...

Try to take some better, in focus pictures, and showing that it is the X-Files steel, as from the pictures in this post, it could be a picture of anything...

Just trying to be helpful :thumbs:

I agree - unfortunately, these pictures are just far too blurry to really see the problem properly. Get some sharper pictures in better lighting, and that might just do the trick. I know it's not easy, as I couldn't really get any pics that did service to the embossing for people to see, but I kept trying until I got some fairly decent pictures before posting them.

Anyway, I hope you manage to convince them and get the exchange you deserve. Good luck! :scat:

Good luck, Tono-been through this a few times with different retailers over the years, and it's hard to capture some of the damage with the average camera/light. Maybe you're able to get some clearer shots...try different angles. Wish it wasn't so hard to get exchanges, but I guess they're just asking for clear verification. Pain regardless:(

this time around i got pix during the day outside, i think they are clearer, also i sent them a video, i was so mad at them i cancelled all my pre orders with them...at least the ones i could get at amazon! lol

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 050.jpg
    050.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 86
  • 048.jpg
    048.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 102
  • 047.jpg
    047.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 92
  • 055.jpg
    055.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 99
  • 043.jpg
    043.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 82
Last edited by a moderator:
this time around i got pix during the day outside, i think they are clearer, also i sent them a video, i was so mad at them i cancelled all my pre orders with them...at least the ones i could get at amazon! lol

Looks like a mini-embossed border... My guess is they had some steels stacked together and pressed down or something.

Those pictures look much better than the other ones, btw! :thumbs:

mini embossed :hilarious:, that's funny, now that you mentioned it, i should keep it as a unique one!:hilarious:, as for the photos i dont think i can do better; so it has to be good enough!

Ah - yes! I can see the problem straight away in the first picture now! EEK!

As wjasoncul says, it looks like there was some pressure applied on there, as if something heavy has been stacked on top of it. :ohno:

At least Zavvi should be able to see that now ... surely??? :thumbs:

You were mad at Zavvi for some bad pictures you took? That´s a first.

I just gave up! Lol I will order from Amazon and I will this copy to one of my friends!

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

Tono, smh, lol

Sorry for mi ignoranceDB but what is smh? Lol

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Forget it DB I googled it lol