The X-Files: Fight the Future/ I Want to Believe (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Jan 23, 2014
Solihull
Ordered this, huge x files fan from way back when, saw the first film at the movies but for some reason never got around to seeing the 2nd one, was it any good?

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Down to 12.39 Euro now on zavvi
Zavvi £9.99 sterling (€12.39 Euro)
that's a good price for 2 films
It's a nice Steelbook

I paid £16.92 sterling back in Sept last year
Release day purchase

AmazonUK price is £22.95
Some third party sellers are £10.99

It's a beautiful Steelbook
£9.99 is a bargain

Photos from last year

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2016
Greetings!

Here's a question for more experienced collectors than me (90% of community):

I just received this steel from 'bay, listed as brand new... and its j-card is upside-down!

Listed:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49214138716_eed185afab_c.jpg

Received:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49214370432_41e2ec421e_c.jpg

Now.

Is it possible that this happened at manufacturers', or is it a case of some botched repackaging?

I'm one of those collectors who open their steels and watch movies (so the j-card will be stored away anyway), but it's important to me that it's all completely unused, in 100% original factory condition.

The seller told me:

I bought this I think from Zavvi, HMV or play.com

This was exactly how it was delivered to me from them via an online order

I didn’t realise the card was upside down as I have never used it (as you can tell it’s still in its original wrapping)

I just bought it and put it with the rest of my steelbooks so maybe it was just an error at the printers where the Blu-ray was made I’m not sure to be honest with you

And, when I said that it's different from the photo of his listing:

But it was definitely brand new when I bought it and I haven’t ever opened it - sorry

When I was listing my steelbooks I didn’t have them all to hand (had some in storage) so I listed them with stock images I found online and as I say I didn’t notice the card was up side down

Would you want to return the steelbook or would you like £5 back as a way of me apologising for upsetting you as it was an honest oversight

I want to believe (no pun intended) that all this is true, but if I open the steel, and the discs show signs of usage, I can't return it anymore.

What do you think I should do? Did you ever see a steel with such issue? Does anybody own it still unopened to compare the shrinkwrap?

Thanks! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Reactions: Brett_S

TheCollector86

Premium Supporter
Apr 14, 2012
Earth
Greetings!

Here's a question for more experienced collectors than me (90% of community):

I just received this steel from 'bay, listed as brand new... and its j-card is upside-down!

Listed:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49214138716_eed185afab_c.jpg

Received:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49214370432_41e2ec421e_c.jpg

Now.

Is it possible that this happened at manufacturers', or is it a case of some botched repackaging?

I'm one of those collectors who open their steels and watch movies (so the j-card will be stored away anyway), but it's important to me that it's all completely unused, in 100% original factory condition.

The seller told me:

I bought this I think from Zavvi, HMV or play.com

This was exactly how it was delivered to me from them via an online order

I didn’t realise the card was upside down as I have never used it (as you can tell it’s still in its original wrapping)

I just bought it and put it with the rest of my steelbooks so maybe it was just an error at the printers where the Blu-ray was made I’m not sure to be honest with you

And, when I said that it's different from the photo of his listing:

But it was definitely brand new when I bought it and I haven’t ever opened it - sorry

When I was listing my steelbooks I didn’t have them all to hand (had some in storage) so I listed them with stock images I found online and as I say I didn’t notice the card was up side down

Would you want to return the steelbook or would you like £5 back as a way of me apologising for upsetting you as it was an honest oversight

I want to believe (no pun intended) that all this is true, but if I open the steel, and the discs show signs of usage, I can't return it anymore.

What do you think I should do? Did you ever see a steel with such issue? Does anybody own it still unopened to compare the shrinkwrap?

Thanks! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
it happens from time to time. my "They Live" steelbook that I bought at amazon was sealed reversed (the back side is on the front) ...got it on release date.

• Thanks
Reactions: PracticingPat

Flloydo

Yo honey-dips, summertime, fine Jheri drippin'
Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
UK
I’ve had a steelbook before, new from the retailer and the j card was on upside down. I also remember ages ago someone receiving a steel with the j card back to front so the art showing was actually the back art. Can’t remember who and what film but it can happen

• Thanks

wjasoncul

Premium Supporter
Dec 11, 2012
MS, USA
I’ve had a steelbook before, new from the retailer and the j card was on upside down. I also remember ages ago someone receiving a steel with the j card back to front so the art showing was actually the back art. Can’t remember who and what film but it can happen
The original Ant-Man steel from Best Buy had a lot that were packaged backwards. You can see several just with an ebay search ;)

Mar 31, 2014
looks good to me...
and stuff like that happens all the time.. like others I´ve already recieved/bought SteelBooks new&sealed with J-cards upside down/on the front/folded or with the SteelBook empty/with discs or other content missing or with incorrect discs inside..
the upside down J-card would be an issue if you´d collect sealed... but since you´ll open it anyway this should be a no-brainer

• Thanks