picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Greetings!

Here's a question for more experienced collectors than me (90% of community):

I just received this steel from 'bay, listed as brand new... and its j-card is upside-down!

Listed:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49214138716_eed185afab_c.jpg

Received:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49214370432_41e2ec421e_c.jpg

Now.

Is it possible that this happened at manufacturers', or is it a case of some botched repackaging?

I'm one of those collectors who open their steels and watch movies (so the j-card will be stored away anyway), but it's important to me that it's all completely unused, in 100% original factory condition.

The seller told me:

I bought this I think from Zavvi, HMV or play.com

This was exactly how it was delivered to me from them via an online order

I didn’t realise the card was upside down as I have never used it (as you can tell it’s still in its original wrapping)

I just bought it and put it with the rest of my steelbooks so maybe it was just an error at the printers where the Blu-ray was made I’m not sure to be honest with you

And, when I said that it's different from the photo of his listing:

But it was definitely brand new when I bought it and I haven’t ever opened it - sorry

When I was listing my steelbooks I didn’t have them all to hand (had some in storage) so I listed them with stock images I found online and as I say I didn’t notice the card was up side down

Would you want to return the steelbook or would you like £5 back as a way of me apologising for upsetting you as it was an honest oversight

I want to believe (no pun intended) that all this is true, but if I open the steel, and the discs show signs of usage, I can't return it anymore.

What do you think I should do? Did you ever see a steel with such issue? Does anybody own it still unopened to compare the shrinkwrap?

Thanks! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Reactions: Brett_S
Greetings!

Here's a question for more experienced collectors than me (90% of community):

I just received this steel from 'bay, listed as brand new... and its j-card is upside-down!

Listed:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49214138716_eed185afab_c.jpg

Received:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/49214370432_41e2ec421e_c.jpg

Now.

Is it possible that this happened at manufacturers', or is it a case of some botched repackaging?

I'm one of those collectors who open their steels and watch movies (so the j-card will be stored away anyway), but it's important to me that it's all completely unused, in 100% original factory condition.

The seller told me:

I bought this I think from Zavvi, HMV or play.com

This was exactly how it was delivered to me from them via an online order

I didn’t realise the card was upside down as I have never used it (as you can tell it’s still in its original wrapping)

I just bought it and put it with the rest of my steelbooks so maybe it was just an error at the printers where the Blu-ray was made I’m not sure to be honest with you

And, when I said that it's different from the photo of his listing:

But it was definitely brand new when I bought it and I haven’t ever opened it - sorry

When I was listing my steelbooks I didn’t have them all to hand (had some in storage) so I listed them with stock images I found online and as I say I didn’t notice the card was up side down

Would you want to return the steelbook or would you like £5 back as a way of me apologising for upsetting you as it was an honest oversight

I want to believe (no pun intended) that all this is true, but if I open the steel, and the discs show signs of usage, I can't return it anymore.

What do you think I should do? Did you ever see a steel with such issue? Does anybody own it still unopened to compare the shrinkwrap?

Thanks! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
it happens from time to time. my "They Live" steelbook that I bought at amazon was sealed reversed (the back side is on the front) ...got it on release date.

• Thanks
Reactions: PracticingPat
I’ve had a steelbook before, new from the retailer and the j card was on upside down. I also remember ages ago someone receiving a steel with the j card back to front so the art showing was actually the back art. Can’t remember who and what film but it can happen

• Thanks
I’ve had a steelbook before, new from the retailer and the j card was on upside down. I also remember ages ago someone receiving a steel with the j card back to front so the art showing was actually the back art. Can’t remember who and what film but it can happen
The original Ant-Man steel from Best Buy had a lot that were packaged backwards. You can see several just with an ebay search ;)

looks good to me...
and stuff like that happens all the time.. like others I´ve already recieved/bought SteelBooks new&sealed with J-cards upside down/on the front/folded or with the SteelBook empty/with discs or other content missing or with incorrect discs inside..
the upside down J-card would be an issue if you´d collect sealed... but since you´ll open it anyway this should be a no-brainer

• Thanks
If you're opening it anyway and every thing is fine, what's the problem? :rolleyes:

You coukd still return it if the discs had 'usage' just ask leelee17!!!!