Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 302
Last edited by a moderator:
squee!
SO SO SO Excited about this now:

I can confirm that it does indeed contain the Director's Cut. :thumbs:

In fact, both discs contain the theatrical version and an extended version of each film (referred to as The Director's Cut for I Want to Believe).

One odd thing, though. According to the outer packaging, the discs are Region B only, but the artwork on disc one states Regions A, B & C i.e. all regions. There is no region code stated on the artwork of disc 2 though, so perhaps that one is Region B locked...

Cheers Doctor for the confirmation!
:LOL:
Feeling a 4/2 movie marathon next week when mine arrives (along with Into Darkness Villain Edition and IM3 Steelbooks!)
Fight The Future Theatrical
I Want to Believe Theatrical
Fight the Future Extended
I Want to Believe Directors
SO SO SO SO SO EXCITED!
:thumbs:
:movie:

Thank you for sharing your pictures. It's apart time The X Files gets some more media coverage and investment from Fox. A 20 year old TV show that still defines television programmes today - its a no brainer - a couple of more movies (that return to their "roots" approach - alien abductions (dark skies?) ghosts (paranormal activity?) - there is still niche here that needs developing C'mon Fox pull your figure out!!!! :)

I too can’t wait to receive my copy - hoping Amazon will honour their agreement and deliver it on time i.e the day of release. The last few DVDs on this arrangement I received a week later.....watch this space :)

P.s apologies about the spelling mistakes - tapping away on my phone - I've got rather large figures lol

Last edited:
Reactions: carllenc
got my copy turn up today and have to admit ill well happy with this one.only ordered as i like the first film and wanted the blu ray and on receiving this steel im liking the finish. gd job:thumbs::LOL:

Embossing is off on mine (too far left), by the looks of others' pictures it looks like it's not uncommon. Pretty lame.

You'd think after embossing every single freaking title on the market, somebody would have figured out how to do it right by now. :rolleyes:

Is anyone's embossing lined up?

Mine has the embossing misaligned too. I feel like I'm drunk whenever I look at it! I've actually asked Sainsbury's if I can return it for a replacement.

Mine arrived from amazon today wrapped in brown paper inside of a square box, while at the same time my Star Trek arrived in a proper steelbook box???????? Anyhow the X-Files steel although basic really, is still a nice classy steelbook and with two films this is excellent value. Well Chuffed!!!!!!

this week i have such a bad luck, first i got WIR dented and now this one...front was perfect but back was dented on back, this is my first one in bad conditions coming from Zavvi, i all ready contact them about it, now just to wait.....:(

we need a part III :scat:

Here's hoping this steelbook sells well, good home video sales can only help :thumbs:Serenity, which cost 40 million, was made because Firefly was selling well on DVD ; and an X-Files movie could cost a lot less than that.

But Chris Carter is the one who screwed up with the second film, which should been a lot more mythology-centric than it was (it was basically a 2-hour stand-alone episode, and a barely average one on top of it). It was a bust at the box-office, so I can't say I'm hugely hopeful for another shot on the big screen.

Anybody else having problems playing this. I cannot play either discs on my LG home cinema system, I just get the '00000' on the display but in never moves and no menu ever appears, just a black screen. Other discs are fine so it seems like an incompatibility problem.

My firmware is up-to-date.

The strange thing is that they both play on my PS3 but this is no use as I cannot get surround sound this way.

Anybody else having problems playing this. I cannot play either discs on my LG home cinema system, I just get the '00000' on the display but in never moves and no menu ever appears, just a black screen. Other discs are fine so it seems like an incompatibility problem.

My firmware is up-to-date.

The strange thing is that they both play on my PS3 but this is no use as I cannot get surround sound this way.

What, actually unseal the steelbook and ... play... the discs? :hilarious: THen the value depreciates!!

Joking aside, I'll be watching these this weekend so hopefully I don't have the same issue!

I can confirm that it does indeed contain the Director's Cut. :thumbs:

In fact, both discs contain the theatrical version and an extended version of each film (referred to as The Director's Cut for I Want to Believe).

One odd thing, though. According to the outer packaging, the discs are Region B only, but the artwork on disc one states Regions A, B & C i.e. all regions. There is no region code stated on the artwork of disc 2 though, so perhaps that one is Region B locked...

Have you been able to confirm if disc 2 is region free by chance? I'm thinking of purchasing this one but I only have a region A player at the moment. Thanks!

Does ANYONE have a version with correctly aligned embossing? I've had one from Sainsbury and one from Amazon an both are as bad as each other. Should I try again?