Thor (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Scottyrnumber

Premium Supporter
Apr 24, 2012
UK
Release Date: October 28, 2013
Purchase link: Thor
Price: £15.99 Sold out!
Notes: Debossed border, embossed title, matter finish, inside artwork, 1-disc edition

10813388-1370445645-449178.jpg

01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg04.jpgthor-uk.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Question is why all those people who wanted to complete their marvel collections buy these re-releases? :D

I doubt I'd buy either of these as I'm happy with what i have. It's great news for those that can't afford the original ones. :)

there's a massive difference between not wanting it to happen, and quitting because of it.

and you really think they care about what u want or not want if it doesn't have any consequences for them?

if ppl stop collecting it would affect them and they would think about re-releasing twice, if u just moan but still buying, nobody cares. that's the sad truth.

Last edited:
**** it, I hope it's an exact reprint and I ensure Zavvi and other criminal steelbook collecting destroying companies that many people will stop collecting steelbooks. These were the holy ****ing grails, and they decide to do a re-release/reprint? That's just rude. A**HOLES.

I'll cancel all my orders & sell all my steelbooks if this is the same artwork.

Re-release or not, this is just stupid. Zavvi is trying to safe its ass by saying it is a ''The Hut'' exclusive, Zavvi is part of The Hut group.

Wreck, enlighten us. What the hell is this?

Are they going to release Iron Man 1 & 2 aswel?

Don't buy steelbooks anymore, it's clear now that they'll release it again if they smell cash. Nothing limited about any steelbook. Or they'll come with the BULL **** EXCUSE ''it's different artwork''.

Add this to OP.

Per original word from Zavvi, with have new artwork

And if anyone was thinking that steelbooks and collectors items is not about the $$ or movie studios trying to make a buck, well maybe you should start collecting something diff...

Oh wait. Maybe all these collector's item things are the same. :hilarious:

**** it, I hope it's an exact reprint and I ensure Zavvi and other criminal steelbook collecting destroying companies that many people will stop collecting steelbooks. These were the holy ****ing grails, and they decide to do a re-release/reprint? That's just rude. A**HOLES.

Place nice, I know you've gotten time off from other spots. Lets not start that trend here please.

I own all the Marvel Phase 1 steels and this don't bother me one bit! We've been told they will have different art and as a huge marvel fan I will have to own them all! :)

If steelbooks of popular films ever start selling for stupid money I always get rid of them. There is bound to be rereleases nowadays so unless you're bothered about having the first print edition I wouldn't keep hold of them once they start selling for triple or four times the price.

Movies such as shogun assassin though that are unlikely get a reprint you'd probably be best to keep hold of. Marvel movies in particular are likely to get various releases and reprints over the years , it's to be expected. Like it or hate it , it's just the way this hobby has ended up.

I'm actually expecting these to be reprints but I hope they're not.

if ppl stop collecting it would affect them and they would think about re-releasing twice, if u just moan but still buying, nobody cares. that's the sad truth.

But there is a caveat to the question - I'm not going to quit collecting completely because 2 titles have been re-released. But will I be buying these re-releases? No way

People, you vote about re-releases with your wallet.

I'll just say this. At least they won't print a crazy amount like HMV. So there's that. :ohno: :hilarious:

Yeah, but people didn't pay $150+ for these steelbooks because they are excited about re-releases. But I guess Zavvi doesn't care about that, now do they... ?

and you really think they care about what u want or not want if it doesn't have any consequences for them?

No, I'm just giving a reason why people voted in that thread the way they did. The question was too drastic.

For me, I'm already buying a lot less than I did for a period of time - I can't keep up, there's too many, and it's not particularly fun right now. That being said, I don't care about 'grails' I own being re-released with different artwork. I didn't buy them to sell, I bought them because I wanted them in my collection. The price I paid was what they were worth to me at the time.

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Yeah, but people didn't pay $150+ for these steelbooks because they are excited about re-releases. But I guess Zavvi doesn't care about that, now do they... ?

Why should they?

I would love an original Thor, so for this one i want different artwork. That is the fair way to do things. If it is just a complete reprint then this side of the indusrty will start to see buying numbers drop. Unfortunately the bottom line is if they can make big bucks they will do it and you cant really blame them it is a business after all, but i am praying for different artwork.

when i created the thread, i thought am i the bearer of good or bad news lol.

I have the originals. So new artwork is good news as the people who own the originals have still got a nice collectors peace and the people who cant afford to buy the original ones, now have the chance to complete there avengers collection.

My original HMV one's are sealed, so will be nice to get the new one's to open and enjoy :)

No, I'm just giving a reason why people voted in that thread the way they did. The question was too drastic.

For me, I'm already buying a lot less than I did for a period of time - I can't keep up, there's too many, and it's not particularly fun right now. That being said, I don't care about 'grails' I own being re-released with different artwork. I didn't buy them to sell, I bought them because I wanted them in my collection. The price I paid was what they were worth to me at the time.

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Why should they?

Because they are a business targeting steelbook collector's, and it is common sense that they should give a damn about their customers. But they clearly don't.

Re-releases are always going to happen. I don't mind them so long as they have different artwork, which is the small saving grace here. They bring new collectors to the game who, after a while might seek out the rarer steels.

Re-releases haven't necessarily hurt the originals either. The Star Trek reprint came out and the original sealed one still sells for £200. Iron Man FS didn't get blitzed by the Play one or the numerous worldwide releases. The original Thor and Captain America will still stand up due to the quality of the steels.

Also, don't forget the print run on the original Thor and Cap A. were massive! HMV reduced Thor to £8 at one stage. No one could see it going to the levels it is now. These new ones will be much less limited. Who's to say these won't be better? I'll hold judgement till I get more info on this.

Last edited:
Reactions: biscuitnoir