Thor (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Scottyrnumber

Premium Supporter
Apr 24, 2012
UK
Release Date: October 28, 2013
Purchase link: Thor
Price: £15.99 Sold out!
Notes: Debossed border, embossed title, matter finish, inside artwork, 1-disc edition

10813388-1370445645-449178.jpg

01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg04.jpgthor-uk.png

Last edited by a moderator:
with so many titles out there of nice movies that would still sell out in a matter of few days or weeks....they come to release the same movies even though the new part of the sequel come out relatively soon (thor 2 Captain america 2)
This just proves how much zavvi only cares about their pocket and not anything else, as bluraysnice said they have the worst customer servixe....
i mean i dont mind new releases but why roll over the same dice again and again and again...?

please dear lord make zavvi go bankrupt again but this time dont let them come alive....:( :(

p.s for those that would tell me to not buy from them...its not an option as they have some nice titles....what this msg is targeting is the lack of customer service and the flooding of titles...including the re releases

This was posted directly above your post.

You can also leave feedback for the retailer via this thread.

Last edited:
Wow! I was gone an hour & this place went mental.

I would hate if these were re-prints,but there not so its not so bad to me.

I have the german 3D steels of the originals & i highly doubt these will be 3D,so i am safe...oh of corse if the art work is brilliant then im not :hilarious:

have any other hmv exclusives been reprinted with the original art work i dont think so? so i think they may have different art work to keep everyone happy, even the dark knight rises re release from zavvi has different art work (maybe hmv have the original design.. exclusive) just a thought:thumbs:

Perspective

Just going to throw a little post in among the rants and say this:

About a year ago a title (well, 2 titles) was / were listed on Play.com which caused outrage. 'How could Play re-release the holy grail that is IM FS', 'Play don't care about us collectors', 'Play are a bunch of *****!'. You get the gist ;)

Turned out that apparently Play managed to avoid an exact re-release of IM FS by taking the steelbook as an exclusive and changing the art. Great job until the point where someone at the studio got the inside art the wrong way round lol. But all was forgiven and the price of the grail stayed high while new collectors managed to grab a copy of a great title for their collection. RIP Play

Fast forward to current day and here we go again. Re-releases aren't ideal and will always p1ss some folks off. I'll admit that they annoy me to a degree as well. But if they have different art then it provides an extra option to add to a collection. That shouldn't dishearten anyone. If it was same art then that's a different story.

My point is that we don't know the full story behind Zavvi's decision to take these as exclusives. Maybe it meant they could do different art to prevent a tradewide reprint. Maybe they see ££ signs at the opportunity. But they have changed the art it seems so that is a positive move.

Who knows what will happen to the value of the originals. Shouldn't affect things too much. Can't blame Zavvi for not having that at the top of their concerns really

Another positive. About a year ago a week went by and everyone who had been moaning about the re-release were then moaning about having missed the opportunity to order one because it sold out so fast!! :p

As a wise man once said (has anyone called Ricker wise before??!) "The world will still revolve."

All businesses want to make money, if you're an unhappy customer they do not care, they have more than one customer. People will buy these rereleases no matter what.

that is exactly my point....that they dont care...

This was posted directly above your post.

i know it has, but what difference the feedback would make?
they would have a phone number so i could speak to them in person about all the random cancellations/ double charges/ cancelling pre orders and then saying ust you get your money back and thats it....etc etc...

Just going to throw a little post in among the rants and say this:

About a year ago a title (well, 2 titles) was / were listed on Play.com which caused outrage. 'How could Play re-release the holy grail that is IM FS', 'Play don't care about us collectors', 'Play are a bunch of *****!'. You get the gist ;)

Turned out that apparently Play managed to avoid an exact re-release of IM FS by taking the steelbook as an exclusive and changing the art. Great job until the point where someone at the studio got the inside art the wrong way round lol. But all was forgiven and the price of the grail stayed high while new collectors managed to grab a copy of a great title for their collection. RIP Play

Fast forward to current day and here we go again. Re-releases aren't ideal and will always p1ss some folks off. I'll admit that they annoy me to a degree as well. But if they have different art then it provides an extra option to add to a collection. That shouldn't dishearten anyone. If it was same art then that's a different story.

My point is that we don't know the full story behind Zavvi's decision to take these as exclusives. Maybe it meant they could do different art to prevent a tradewide reprint. Maybe they see ££ signs at the opportunity. But they have changed the art it seems so that is a positive move.

Who knows what will happen to the value of the originals. Shouldn't affect things too much. Can't blame Zavvi for not having that at the top of their concerns really

Another positive. About a year ago a week went by and everyone who had been moaning about the re-release were then moaning about having missed the opportunity to order one because it sold out so fast!! :p

As a wise man once said (has anyone called Ricker wise before??!) "The world will still revolve."

probably the most accurate comment zone....a release with new art is an interesting one...but a release of the same is bad...

Reactions: zoneism
i know it has, but what difference the feedback would make?
they would have a phone number so i could speak to them in person about all the random cancellations/ double charges/ cancelling pre orders and then saying ust you get your money back and thats it....etc etc...

We have the retailer threads for this type of feedback and I can say that retailers do indeed read those threads on occasion, so it's best to direct your energy there.

Have said that, we ask that you follow and respect forum rules and requests of moderators.

For those that can't follow these simple requests, we can explore other options.

Just my opinion, but....

There is possibly another way to view this...serious collectors will always be after grails/first editions. There are lots of serious collectors who still don't have these originals - and if the Zavvi re-releases have different art, then the first ones will always be originals - if "Joe Collector" is more appealed to these new ones (likely due to more reasonable cost), then it reduces the demand on the originals, which makes it easier (cheaper) for serious collectors to obtain the originals. Make sense?

If you already own the originals, yes their value probably takes a hit - but if you never plan to sell/trade them, then does it matter?

And, FWIW, I don't know whether I put myself into the category of Serious or Joe collector; I just like what I like.

Anyway, my 2 cents....

Just my opinion, but....

There is possibly another way to view this...serious collectors will always be after grails/first editions. There are lots of serious collectors who still don't have these originals - and if the Zavvi re-releases have different art, then the first ones will always be originals - if "Joe Collector" is more appealed to these new ones (likely due to more reasonable cost), then it reduces the demand on the originals, which makes it easier (cheaper) for serious collectors to obtain the originals. Make sense?

If you already own the originals, yes their value probably takes a hit - but if you never plan to sell/trade them, then does it matter?

And, FWIW, I don't know whether I put myself into the category of Serious or Joe collector; I just like what I like.

Anyway, my 2 cents....

I agree. It doesnt matter how many times the film get re/released i will always own the original one which i hope would make it more collectable.

Are you saying we'll get CA inside artwork into Thor steel and vice-versa??? :hilarious:

Good post Z.

Reactions: zoneism