Thor (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Scottyrnumber

Premium Supporter
Apr 24, 2012
UK
Release Date: October 28, 2013
Purchase link: Thor
Price: £15.99 Sold out!
Notes: Debossed border, embossed title, matter finish, inside artwork, 1-disc edition

10813388-1370445645-449178.jpg

01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg04.jpgthor-uk.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I own the complete Phase 1. This doesn't massively bother me cause it doesn't change what I already own.
If the new art is out of this world, will I buy this too? Probably.
I want the best set of Avengers steels on my shelf.

I have more than one shelf......

Reactions: wjasoncul
I don't own Thor, Captain America, Iron Man 1 or Iron Man 2. So this is AWESOME news for me.

Now if Zavvi can just put out a proper steelbook of The Avengers, that would be sweet! (which would quite obviously be hugely different than the Viva case).

I already own the old HMV exclusive steelbook, which will be very hard to beat in terms of artwork and finish IMO, so this will obviously be a pass for me. I think it's great news for those who missed out on the original steelbook though. :)

If you already own the originals, yes their value probably takes a hit - but if you never plan to sell/trade them, then does it matter?

And, FWIW, I don't know whether I put myself into the category of Serious or Joe collector; I just like what I like.

I agree with you here. I paid a lot of money for my Thor 3D MM version. I love it and will not be selling it. Even if THOR was as easy to find as the Best buy Dark Knight Rises, I would still love my Thor just as much. I don't understand how the quantity of an item in existence changes its perceived value by its owner. I understand that hard-to-find and limited edition items are highly sought after, which will increase its price, but another company rereleasing a similar item won't change the LE item one already owns.

The money I paid for Thor was what I could afford at the time, and nobody forced me to buy it. Even if Thor from zavvi is exactly the same as mine, it won't affect how much I love my copy.

I see this affecting scalpers more than it affects most of us here. I also see this as a positive thing that could bring happiness to more collectors who aren't lucky enough to have gotten these marvel steels originally.

I was gonna post my perspective on this, but in reading through all the madness, I see that these two blokes zoneism and schrute farms have already posted most of what I was thinking.

When it's all said and done folks... when the chips are all on the table, this will have a more positive effect on the steelbook world than negative.

Keep calm and carry on. :thumbs:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: zoneism
Well good news for people who do not have them already. I'm sure they will sell out again and the resale value will go back up again too

well this sure generated some discussion haha

If this has new and different artwork, I might consider getting this one to go along with my HMV Thor!

The art is not new art .... but its not a reprint of prior steel fyi. Expect something you've seen on an amaray. ie. prior approved art.

Should be a nice little brother to the original. Esp if they add some premium finishes.

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

I not sure if the question has been asked but I have not ordered from Zavvi before and I want to know how is their shipping in regards to packaging??? Oh and do they ship to the U.S.???

they ship world wide for 1pound. Packaging is major improvement compared to yester-years.