Thor (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Scottyrnumber

Premium Supporter
Apr 24, 2012
UK
Release Date: October 28, 2013
Purchase link: Thor
Price: £15.99 Sold out!
Notes: Debossed border, embossed title, matter finish, inside artwork, 1-disc edition

10813388-1370445645-449178.jpg

01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg04.jpgthor-uk.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I not sure if the question has been asked but I have not ordered from Zavvi before and I want to know how is their shipping in regards to packaging??? Oh and do they ship to the U.S.???

Zavvi ship in a cardboard box with foam protection within th UK, they do ship to the US, but I can't confirm on their packaging.

Reactions: thedonguillermo79
The art is not new art .... but its not a reprint of prior steel fyi. Expect something you've seen on an amaray. ie. prior approved art.

Should be a nice little brother to the original. Esp if they add some premium finishes.

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

they ship world wide for 1pound. Packaging is major improvement compared to yester-years.

So it's something like this then
51LYL%2B5COcL.jpg

Reactions: Orange Splice
yay. so excited for this and captain america! Sure I love steelbooks and the marvel movies, but I have learned that you need to have some restraint in this hobby. There was no way I was going to pay those outrageous prices on ebay for them. I guess I'll hold off buying the 3d amarays now (hoping these have 3d!).

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

So it's something like this then
51LYL%2B5COcL.jpg

Please NO! I hate that cover. :angry:

yay. so excited for this and captain america! Sure I love steelbooks and the marvel movies, but I have learned that you need to have some restraint in this hobby. There was no way I was going to pay those outrageous prices on ebay for them. I guess I'll hold off buying the 3d amarays now (hoping these have 3d!).

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

You hate the original amaray cover? What is there to hate?

This will just go on and on until ppl wise up and stop buying in the belief that steelbooks are somehow "limited".

Well they are obviously not because at any moment a studio or retailer can decide out of the blue to turn on the tap and print another 10,000 copies just like that.

As a noob collector, this re-release is supposed to be good for me and maybe i will buy a copy if i like how its handled - but for the wider overall principle of collecting because of rarity, this is a really bad turn.

Different art is nice, but at the end of the day the collector's market is still about to be flooded with another 4,000 Thor steelbooks regardless.

Unfortunately :(
If artwork is
- not new and
- not of existing steels' and
- of existing amarays'
Chances of above posted art is pretty strong, as most of the amarays around the world have the same one artwork and art of steelbook.

Can be this also
ThorWM_1.jpg

Some DVD had this art as well
thor-french-poster.jpg

I personally hope it's this.

Unfortunately :(
If artwork is
- not new and
- not of existing steels' and
- of existing amarays'
Chances of above posted art is pretty strong, as most of the amarays around the world have the same one artwork and art of steelbook.

Can be this also
ThorWM_1.jpg

Some DVD had this art as well
thor-french-poster.jpg

I personally hope it's this.

i would love either one of those.

So was I.M and I.M.2 play.com.

and people were cheering that ..... the new collectors cheered it .... now the table turned on alot of them ..... but we will always keep getting new collectors ..... that being said this this method will always be half loved and half hated.

This is why tho the premium steels of the oddball movies are the safest of all.

They make Death Race like once a year .... but not a one has paid to make it as premium as the original.

As much as they've done batman begins and TDK steels ... its surprising we have yet to get a bad ass embossed premium one. (singles, not the duo from FR) But I guess its no surprise with warner selling to the highest bidder and thus then needing cheaper steels made.

and people were cheering that ..... the new collectors cheered it .... now the table turned on alot of them ..... but we will always keep getting new collectors ..... that being said this this method will always be half loved and half hated.

This is why tho the premium steels of the oddball movies are the safest of all.

They make Death Race like once a year .... but not a one has paid to make it as premium as the original.

As much as they've done batman begins and TDK steels ... its surprising we have yet to get a bad ass embossed premium one. (singles, not the duo from FR) But I guess its no surprise with warner selling to the highest bidder and thus then needing cheaper steels made.

Will Zavvi re-release Iron Man in steelbook form?