Thor (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Scottyrnumber

Premium Supporter
Apr 24, 2012
UK
Release Date: October 28, 2013
Purchase link: Thor
Price: £15.99 Sold out!
Notes: Debossed border, embossed title, matter finish, inside artwork, 1-disc edition

10813388-1370445645-449178.jpg

01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg04.jpgthor-uk.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Similar comments when Zavvi went live with Star Trek, Don't think the value of the original Play version has decreased on ebay since? If anything the play version is now seen as even rarer?

Hopefully it will be new artwork anyway

Yeah, but people didn't pay $150+ for these steelbooks because they are excited about re-releases. But I guess Zavvi doesn't care about that, now do they... ?

Same old discussion as always, people want what is hard to find - those willing to pay are going to pay more.

I paid retail for my Thor and Wreck helped me get a Stan Lee auto on it. I'll never sell it on, no matter how much I could get.

To each their own.

Resale, reselling, high prices - not in this forum. Move on to the trading forum and talk all you like about resale.

Thanks.

Reactions: r3zzy and jitstark
Because they are a business targeting steelbook collector's, and it is common sense that they should give a damn about their customers. But they clearly don't.

So you think these won't sell out? They'll just gain a stack of customers with this, it's not like any existing customers are truly saying 'I'll never buy from you again'.

Newsflash - the ONLY reason ANY company APPEARS to value their customers is so they can make more money. In the grand scheme of things, no company has ever given a **** about their customers.

Reactions: cjy152
As long as they don't re-release Iron Man 1 or 2.
Those got their steelbook release, how long, not even 1 year ago? Maybe a little bit more or less, so they definitely don't need a steelbook release. Otherwise they'll re-release every popular steelbook every year!

No, I'm just giving a reason why people voted in that thread the way they did. The question was too drastic.

and im just giving a reason why its not suprisingly they did this re-release, the poll showed them clearly that it wouldn't really affect there market.

Not sure how I feel about this (and CA) :dunno:

I have versions of the original ones (not HMV versions, mind you), but I am one of the those that did not exactly pay retail (although got them through trades).

It will be interesting to see the artwork, and whether there will be interior art as well.

Perhaps Zavvi is planning to re-release all of the Phase 1 titles, with artwork/style to match their Iron Man 3 release, and continue to match with eventual releases of the various sequels.

As long as they don't re-release Iron Man 1 or 2.
Those got their steelbook release, how long, not even 1 year ago? Maybe a little bit more or less, so they definitely don't need a steelbook release. Otherwise they'll re-release every popular steelbook every year!

It's going to happen at some point, it's inevitable.

So you think these won't sell out? They'll just gain a stack of customers with this, it's not like any existing customers are truly saying 'I'll never buy from you again'.

Newsflash - the ONLY reason ANY company APPEARS to value their customers is so they can make more money. In the grand scheme of things, no company has ever given a **** about their customers.

But the difference is, Zavvi even fails in acting like they care. Their customer service is probably the worst in the UK. This is not '"Zavvi bashing'' (I buy Zavvi exclusives), but this is just a fact and stated/repeated by many members on this forum and on other forums.

---------- Post added at 07:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 AM ----------

I want the custom of tinybutdeadly :D

519392d8d88084c7f13c776f0eff1c2b-d5ed2sr.png

It looks too much like the first one. They should do a completely different design...

Reactions: Pharaoh
Sorry but whats with the hostility towards The Hut? does it really matter if its Hut or Zavvi doing this if its a re-release? HMV did Thor + CA so again why the hostility?

This is going to be identical to the hmv exclusive part from its going ot be just the blu ray no dvd

I think it will be identical aswel. Some people here are saying that it is ''confirmed there will be new artwork'', but have to hear that from Wreck to believe it. And what does ''new artwork mean''? Maybe a different finish and different inside artwork lol.

Don't forget they reprinted Star Trek aswel, identical to the Play.com one, so there is a chance they'll do the same!

But the difference is, Zavvi even fails in acting like they care. Their customer service is probably the worst in the UK. This is not '"Zavvi bashing'' (I buy Zavvi exclusives), but this is just a fact and stated/repeated by many members on this forum and on other forums.

So stop using them.

^^Exactly. You can also leave feedback for the retailer via this thread.

And honestly, people that are really impacted by bad customer service act on that experience and don't keep buying from that retailer.

1) You could buy from another retailer if it's not an exclusive title.
2) You could buy another edition
3) You could work a trade with a member here, then THEY would deal with the CS and leave you only to deal with them, for that likely mint item.

There are always options. If you don't like the situation, change the game.

:thumbs:

Last edited:
with so many titles out there of nice movies that would still sell out in a matter of few days or weeks....they come to release the same movies even though the new part of the sequel come out relatively soon (thor 2 Captain america 2)
This just proves how much zavvi only cares about their pocket and not anything else, as bluraysnice said they have the worst customer servixe....
i mean i dont mind new releases but why roll over the same dice again and again and again...?

please dear lord make zavvi go bankrupt again but this time dont let them come alive....:( :(

p.s for those that would tell me to not buy from them...its not an option as they have some nice titles....what this msg is targeting is the lack of customer service and the flooding of titles...including the re releases

Last edited:
All businesses want to make money, if you're an unhappy customer they do not care, they have more than one customer. People will buy these rereleases no matter what.

I think it will be identical aswel. Some people here are saying that it is ''confirmed there will be new artwork'', but have to hear that from Wreck to believe it. And what does ''new artwork mean''? Maybe a different finish and different inside artwork lol.

Don't forget they reprinted Star Trek aswel, identical to the Play.com one, so there is a chance they'll do the same!

Glad you have a lot of faith in Wreck. :D

Let's stop with the speculation, it's been stated, according to the last info we got from Zavvi that it's different artwork.

A very clear definition for those that like to try and stir the pot, means that it will not have the same artwork as the previous release, and we all know what that looks like.

End of story.

Reactions: j4f