Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: February 25th, 2014
Purchase link: Regular or Bilingual
Price: $26.99 + taxes
Notes: The difference between the Regular and Bilingual is only the J-Card. Content is the same!
Confirmed from Future Shop: Debossed title on the front of the steelbook & spine with title as well!
Region FREE

Group Buy: Drum18 & biscuitnoir

m2210228.jpg

Actual pics, courtesy Drum18:

Attachments

• m2210227.jpg
    m2210227.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 333
Last edited by a moderator:
lost 4 copies charged my card and never sent the package...so many thanks and big F to FS online! really disappointed. They should have a back-up copies for these things.

So boys and girls...order online but get in the store too, just to be sure...you can always bring it for refund anyway.
Its BS I never received mine :angry:
Now they are telling me tomorrow is the last day to receive it b4 they correct the problem (probably refund, whoopty f***** do).
Still sounds like I got screwed :drool:
What if they start doin all steelbooks online only ? Stores dont get em and we get screwed 50% of the time
Thats gonna suk :ohno:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: nexor and jbsolo
Just got mine from Mehdi's GB. Nice and mint! :D

Regarding the steelbook itself, I'm not impressed. The image of Thor looks a bit low-res/blurry, especially when looking up close. Looks a bit faded too. However, it's definitely the best version available, with the debossed title. Not a patch on the first, but it'll have to do.

Reactions: StifflersDad
Huge thanks to Mehdi for helping me secure this one.

CA - Thor - The Dark World

Matte finish with no metallic shine, debossed title and title on spine.

All images can be clicked on for a closer view. They are all high res and can be viewed at full scale.

eZcxOdG.jpg

rrKXjEd.jpg

LYHtyAf.jpg

pjpVyGR.jpg

nwKHxj5.jpg

pj7p2ZW.jpg

N7HKTJx.jpg

Below are shots to help show the finishing on the steel.

HDN EXCLUSIVE SHOTS
---------------------------

FVrc3A3.jpg

4kZRvc8.jpg

HDN EXCLUSIVE FINISHING SHOT
Extremely close up shot to help show you the paint job

sqp2BTX.jpg

sqp2BTX.jpg

haUiOnE.jpg

Comparison to Worldwide release

2crTU4O.jpg

yOPTjPC.jpg

GXtc3uP.jpg

VY2cFbl.jpg

I'm guessing there is no difference to the US release even the packaging seems exactly the same?

The US release is exactly the same product as the CA English-only J-card release. They have the same EAN code.

The CA bilingual J-card release is obviously different with different EAN code as well.

Reactions: HUBMUSWELL
CA - Thor: The Dark World Bilingual Version

All images can be clicked on for a closer view. They are all high res and can be viewed at full scale.

x2DA7Hq.jpg

HAg2qOY.jpg

W1yrWs5.jpg

x45ATLu.jpg

Below are shots to help show the finishing on the steel.

HDN EXCLUSIVE SHOTS
---------------------------

Y0tFBAs.jpg

OAX4vYl.jpg

HDN EXCLUSIVE FINISHING SHOT
Extremely close up shot to help show you the paint job

Vj9OPDn.jpg

WZG8Gs8.jpg

M2lbTAP.jpg

I just scored one of the Bilingual versions off the Future Shop website today, they posted 1 for sale online & was lucky enough to get it. This is one of my favourite Steelbooks of the past year.

I just scored one of the Bilingual versions off the Future Shop website today, they posted 1 for sale online & was lucky enough to get it. This is one of my favourite Steelbooks of the past year.

you were lucky my friend, website always sold out and store NO STOCK... and they have a wonderful customer service, when you have a problem with you order, as I did with mine, they show their willingess to help and being commited to customer satisfaction by saying
...I'm sorry but there's nothing I can do for you

on release day there were some, very few copies available in stores and employee were hiding them under the cash or in the back to keep them for themselves.

I just figured out they were not gonna help me(even spoke with a supervisor) and I found copies other ways when it was on pre release I could find them cheaper, and IMO there's still some copies not that expensive out there.

Does anyone can tell me why there are 3 disc insert while only 2 discs are coming in it?
Is it to put the digital copy in it?...
Sorry to ask a stupid question :emb:

Does anyone can tell me why there are 3 disc insert while only 2 discs are coming in it?
Is it to put the digital copy in it?...
Sorry to ask a stupid question :emb:
It was meant to have a DVD but they changed their mind last minute.

That's it.

Reactions: Kuzco