Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: February 25th, 2014
Purchase link: Regular or Bilingual
Price: $26.99 + taxes
Notes: The difference between the Regular and Bilingual is only the J-Card. Content is the same!
Confirmed from Future Shop: Debossed title on the front of the steelbook & spine with title as well!
Region FREE

Group Buy: Drum18 & biscuitnoir

m2210228.jpg

Actual pics, courtesy Drum18:

Attachments

• m2210227.jpg
    m2210227.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 336
Last edited by a moderator:
Took some comparison pics of the Future shop version against the Zavvi version if anyone's interested.... Sorry, the quality isn't that of Ricster or Megabee, just an iPhone 5 camera! Lol

FS wins hands down, I prefer the dark colours (it is called the DARK world after all!) and until comparing in hand I'd not noticed how washed out Thor's face is on the Zavvi version! Seriously, is he wearing foundation?! Lol

I must admit, the finish on the back of Zavvi's is better IMO, I like the metallic sheen better... Zavvi also wins on the inside, purely because the empty disc slot blocks the best artwork on the whole steel in the FS version!

0zejSP7l.jpg

PxkYeROl.jpg

z9XoZmZl.jpg

lvKJbSOl.jpg

BgdkvZal.jpg

HcEOnZ8l.jpg

1jkaKTpl.jpg

UqjOh61l.jpg

It is a bit worrying for the local ninja's when it gets delivered to UK addresses before Canadian! EEK! I'm still waiting on the second copy I ordered - I ordered 2 to give me a better chance of at least 1 arriving and in mint condition! Hope my second one gets here and is also mint for trading!!! :ohno:

Last edited by a moderator:
Compared this to the UK version and by that same token the Kimchi version and the FS/BB steel has a much nicer silvery finish with better colour reproduction on the artwork. :cool:

Glad I stuck with this and left the Lenti for the Mrs.

Reactions: AmarD1981
Thank you to everyone at hidefninja for all the feedback around this release. The overall success of this title will help us continue to drive steelbook through Disney in north america.

:scat:

Definitely. If North America continues with these releases, they could take over! Generic Releases are very annoying so I am glad you guys changed this up a little. This makes it more unique.

So you get a title that probably has 100,000 copies worldwide, BUT Best Buy and Futureshop release a different version of it. So it makes that 100,000 turn into 10,000 or so. Totally worth it.

I agree, those faces on the Zavvi one are ugly, it would have been cheaper to put the title on the spine like the Future Shop one. Not to mention the Future Shop version was $10 cheaper than Zavvi after the exchange.

Reactions: Bagman99