Wednesday, July 02, 2014 Location Time
5 Customs status updated LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 15:30

Tuesday, July 01, 2014 Location Time
4 Departed Facility in OSAKA - JAPAN OSAKA - JAPAN 22:53
3 Processed at OSAKA - JAPAN OSAKA - JAPAN 20:22
2 Arrived at Sort Facility OSAKA - JAPAN OSAKA - JAPAN 19:42
1 Shipment picked up OSAKA - JAPAN 12:43

Reactions: Marina Blue
I received my copy, but of course not opening it. It doesn't warrant the price we paid for it I think we all agree on this. Love the card in the back with the japanese and it's different with the movie next and seeing the katakana writing on bookshelf is nice...

BUT DID ANYONE OPEN THEIR COPY TO SHOW PICTURE OF FRONT OF STEELBOOK + PICTURES OF THE DISKS TO SEE IF THERE IS SOME JAPANESE WRITTEN ON THE DISKS THEMSELVES ?

Blessing or curse, mine arrived without any damage. The box condition looked much like domalorite's, but my box was only half as thick. The gift packaging that I paid for was actually a white paper bag that was decently thick, was taped shut using a ribbon with the note card under the ribbon.

Reactions: domalorite
Blessing or curse, mine arrived without any damage. The box condition looked much like domalorite's, but my box was only half as thick. The gift packaging that I paid for was actually a white paper bag that was decently thick, was taped shut using a ribbon with the note card under the ribbon.

That's how the gift wrapping should be.

I am upset that they are shrinked wrapped together, I was not planning on opening it as by now I think we all have a few Thor 2 from different country, was very happy about the Japan one but was expected then to be shrinked wrapped separately and to be amazon exclusive. I guess I will be more careful in the future. I feel wripped off for many reason, the way it is shrinked wrapped as a collector I would have wanted the steel by itself with the j-card that would fold from the bottom to the front (like a 1/4 slip j-card) and have the japanese info about it being an amazon exclusive. I was expecting this movie next wrapped seperately and maybe a plastic loop holding them together or something like this. But I am sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

I wrote an email and was offer a full refund back and returning the item which at this point I don't care... the only thing I think would be worth keeping is that if I were to open it to see those beautiful disks... back of card is minimal japanese so it doesn't have the feel of a japanese Release I don't know if anyone knows what I mean.. I guess they feel this way when they are amazon exclusive with the cardboard at bottom front of steel with all that japanese onfo and a fully written japanese j-card.

so I'll wait for their response back as I stated this was misleading, if it would have been advertised as it should have been that both would be shrinked wrapped together I would have never bought it especially at that price.

sorry I'm venting but now just have to wait for their response as I said I want a full refund and I am not paying to ship it back (so expensive to ship to japan from canada)...so I don't know what their procedures are but with Amazon.com, if there is an issue they will offer free replacement but they expect me to pay for the shipping back as I'm an ''international customers''' meaning that if I would have bought at Amazon.ca I would have the free waybill to ship it back... but of course if it's their mistake I won't let them get away with it.

So I don't know We all have enough stress in our lives than to deal with these types of issues as if it would have been advertised properly we would have been able to make an inform decision.

sorry guys I guess it's late and this issue has been creeping up on me :wtf:

PS: am I the only one who feels mislead by this release ?

Last edited:
Not sure that I feel mislead, but I am by no means pleased with this configuration of a package. IMHO, the uniqueness and exclusivity of Japan steels in comparison to other Asian steels, has been on a slow but steady decline for some time.

Reactions: harry and nkb32
definitely not misleading. By now we should all be aware of the gamble that is Japanese steelbooks. The only thing that would have misled a buyer would be that buyer's own personal thoughts on the release and the speed at which it sold out. There were no promises of a "jacket," "o-card," or "outer specification." Just return it if you're so upset.

Good rule of thumb, stick with Korea & Taiwan for steels, Japan for slipcovers & digipacks.

Last edited:
definitely not misleading. By now we should all be aware of the gamble that is Japanese steelbooks. The only thing that would have misled a buyer would be that buyer's own personal thoughts on the release and the speed at which it sold out. There were no promises of a "jacket," "o-card," or "outer specification." Just return it if you're so upset.

Good rule of thumb, stick with Korea & Taiwan for steels, Japan for slipcovers & digipacks.

well I've been told to be certain when it comes to japanese releases just make sure it's an Amazon Exclusive to avoid such issue right now.

but of course I know the country I love buy I'm new to amazon..jp so I didn't know that all their releases were not limited exclusive .co.jp

but I've learned.

Taiwan Slips FTW 'even if high print-run' :scat: {no Japanese or Korean slips can beat the uniqueness & innovative slips from Taiwan} :D

Having said that mine should turn up today :ohno:

Reactions: Actarus and dipzy
Taiwan Slips FTW 'even if high print-run' :scat: {no Japanese or Korean slips can beat the uniqueness & innovative slips from Taiwan} :D

Having said that mine should turn up today :ohno:

:hilarious: :hilarious:

Just stick to one of your golden rules buddy....If it's not a WEA with Katakana spine on the steel then pass it by.....:p :D

Reactions: jitstark and harry