Purchase Link: Amazon JP
Price: ¥ 7,560

515YAEfqfjL.jpg

Notes:
Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD + digital copy (cloud-ready) + MovieNEX World

Last edited by a moderator:
[/B]

:hilarious: :hilarious:

Just stick to one of your golden rules buddy....If it's not a WEA with Katakana spine on the steel then pass it by.....:p :D
I know I should but when it comes to Marvel I had to make an exception but never expected it to be that bad :p

I have new rule now... no more Japan steel advance preorders for me, Katakana or not, Taiwan & some exclusive titles and that's about it, I'm heading out of the game slowly as it's reached it's peak ;)

Thinking of trying to return this myself. I wonder if I could ask a couple of questions. In the movienex case am I right in thinking there is a playable bluray disc and dvd plus a digital copy? Is the digital copy a high definition download or only available as a stream via the cloud? Still not sure what MovieNex actually is.

Actarus, I really feel for you as your enthusiasm in the build-up to the release made for a great read. It is a real shame that so many of us feel rather deflated with this release. I think I will also cancel Captain America

Reactions: Actarus
There's nothing misleading or what could be seen as false advertising from Amazon Japan with this release. The picture in the OP and on Amazon clearly shows what everyone received.
I would have bet my house on this arriving with no slip. And the piece of paper on the back with the info on it can NOT be classed as a slip or proper J Card...IMO

Japan steels are no longer what they were. And unless it's a WEA with Katakana spine or something like 2Guns ( love that slip) or Lone survivor, ( BUT cancelled now as Novamedia trumps it 100% IMO ) :hilarious:
I no longer buy!
Moved a long time ago onto their Exclusive Digipacks & Superb Amaray's with full slips now... More unique and better designed all round packaging. For me anyway....;)

The thing that is shocking is the way this was put together and sent out!! EEK!

For the money it cost I think it's an absolute joke!! :ohno:

The one positive thing in dealing with Amazon Japan is their superb customer service and no quibbles full refund with (no need to return the item) every time if damaged in the slightest.

If your copy arrives mint and your not happy with it just send it back and get your refund. SIMPLY.....;)

The one positive thing in dealing with Amazon Japan is their superb customer service and no quibbles full refund with (no need to return the item) every time if damaged in the slightest.

If your copy arrives mint and your not happy with it just send it back and get your refund. SIMPLY.....;)

Excellent Service from Amazon JP...Full refund + Keep the item :LOL:

And oh, came with an extra gift, SPINE SLASH :angry:

View attachment 74499

Last edited by a moderator:
I am upset that they are shrinked wrapped together, I was not planning on opening it as by now I think we all have a few Thor 2 from different country, was very happy about the Japan one but was expected then to be shrinked wrapped separately and to be amazon exclusive. I guess I will be more careful in the future. I feel wripped off for many reason, the way it is shrinked wrapped as a collector I would have wanted the steel by itself with the j-card that would fold from the bottom to the front (like a 1/4 slip j-card) and have the japanese info about it being an amazon exclusive. I was expecting this movie next wrapped seperately and maybe a plastic loop holding them together or something like this. But I am sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

I wrote an email and was offer a full refund back and returning the item which at this point I don't care... the only thing I think would be worth keeping is that if I were to open it to see those beautiful disks... back of card is minimal japanese so it doesn't have the feel of a japanese Release I don't know if anyone knows what I mean.. I guess they feel this way when they are amazon exclusive with the cardboard at bottom front of steel with all that japanese onfo and a fully written japanese j-card.

so I'll wait for their response back as I stated this was misleading, if it would have been advertised as it should have been that both would be shrinked wrapped together I would have never bought it especially at that price.

sorry I'm venting but now just have to wait for their response as I said I want a full refund and I am not paying to ship it back (so expensive to ship to japan from canada)...so I don't know what their procedures are but with Amazon.com, if there is an issue they will offer free replacement but they expect me to pay for the shipping back as I'm an ''international customers''' meaning that if I would have bought at Amazon.ca I would have the free waybill to ship it back... but of course if it's their mistake I won't let them get away with it.

So I don't know We all have enough stress in our lives than to deal with these types of issues as if it would have been advertised properly we would have been able to make an inform decision.

sorry guys I guess it's late and this issue has been creeping up on me :wtf:

PS: am I the only one who feels mislead by this release ?

Amazon.jp releases have been headed this way for a while. I understand your frustration, that is why I've backed off most Japanese releases and most other releases worldwide, especially Zaavi for their mostly generic, cheap releases, terrible packaging and customer service.

Amazon.jp releases have been headed this way for a while. I understand your frustration, that is why I've backed off most Japanese releases and most other releases worldwide, especially Zaavi for their mostly generic, cheap releases, terrible packaging and customer service.

I will be now very careful when I purchase from Amazon japan, and funny you said so I have cancelled all my Zavvi I had 3 captain America and 2 Meleficent and cancelled them all as I don't see any added value to them. There's the Taiwanese and FS release for CA and Hopefully MAleficent will get a release from someone else I like if not I'll simply get the Amaray(I prefer this over a Zavvi Steel)

Plus Zavvif offers terrible packaging there's no protection, I've told them that until they fix their shipping issues with better protection I will not order, if they don't change them with out feedback they will if everybody do as I did...(there is actually a thread on zavvi and their awful packaging and boycotting them for that reason) because a company starts listening when it's their wallet that are affected.

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

PS: it took me about 6 requests to be removed from their Zavvi's mailing list and everytime they said it was done.

---------- Post added at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

Thinking of trying to return this myself. I wonder if I could ask a couple of questions. In the movienex case am I right in thinking there is a playable bluray disc and dvd plus a digital copy? Is the digital copy a high definition download or only available as a stream via the cloud? Still not sure what MovieNex actually is.

Actarus, I really feel for you as your enthusiasm in the build-up to the release made for a great read. It is a real shame that so many of us feel rather deflated with this release. I think I will also cancel Captain America

Thank you for that and yes my anticipation was building up as I was expecting an Amazon Exclusive...and I guess I got maybe a little more upset than I should have lol but for that price 100$ I paid and I'm on a budget so it was very upsetting. I ALSO CANCELLED MY CAPTAIN AMERICA AS THEY WILL BE THE SAME WAy FOR SURE.

From what I have seen from the pictures of the disks, and please someone correct me if I'm wrong, it looks like the 3D is in the steel and the blu-ray and DVD in the Movie Nex...but again it's from looking at pictures and confused as to know why they didn't include those 2 other disks in the steel to avoid sending us that movie nex thing. Not sure about the digital copy though or the cloud thing...

but thanks appreciated your kind words :)

Reactions: Four Seasons
Terrible packaging, absolute rubbish :angry:
Bloody Tosspots put it in a single layer bubble envelope just ever so slightly bigger but how it survived without any damage whatsoever i will never know

Glad yours was intact with no issues

yours was damaged ? first terrible steel package edition plus if it was dmaged I feel for you... me just the packaging of both steel and amaray together and I lost it EEK!

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

The Thors Disks are not the same blue one included in zavvi(most probably in the Taiwanese Release since I didn't open my copy can't confirm) but Also included in the Special edition Cover Loki it has same uniform blue coloured disks.

From the Pics of the Japanese Releases posted on this side each disks are beautiful with pictures on them (seems only great thing about this releases)

Does Thoses Disks included in this japan edition steelbook plus blu ray and DVD AVAILABLe IN ANY OTHER RELEASE or it is exclusive to this release ?

Excellent Service from Amazon JP...Full refund + Keep the item :LOL:

Mine arrived this evening - sent in a lightly padded envelope :angry: - with slight damage to one of the corners as well :(

http://s8.postimg.org/t1co9rsqt/2014_07_03_21_39_20.png

Tempted to request to return it - never had a damaged steel from Amazon.Jp before so wondered what the best method of contacting them is - using the 'Request a Return' button or contacting customer services directly?

Last edited:
Mine arrived this evening - sent in a lightly padded envelope :angry: - with slight damage to one of the corners as well :(

http://s8.postimg.org/t1co9rsqt/2014_07_03_21_39_20.png

Tempted to request to return it - never had a damaged steel from Amazon.Jp before so wondered what the best method of contacting them is - using the 'Request a Return' button or contacting customer services directly?

Mine arrived in a large box...Maybe yours was shipped from a different warehouse...Anyways, get on to chat...Very understanding JP CS :thumbs: Just say the steel arrived damaged due to the packaging...Give CS time to reply with answers and what they will do for you :thumbs:

Reactions: Lordpercy
Mine arrived in a large box...Maybe yours was shipped from a different warehouse...Anyways, get on to chat...Very understanding JP CS :thumbs: Just say the steel arrived damaged due to the packaging...Give CS time to reply with answers and what they will do for you :thumbs:

Wow - you just have to tip your hat to the quality of Amazon.Jp's customer service :scat: The person I chatted with was so helpful and offered a refund and no need for a return either

So weird that it looks like some were shipped from different warehouses and arrived via different routes (Mine went from Japan to China to Germany to East Midlands before finally hitting Heathrow) - considering it was basically sent in a jiffy bag its amazing that it was only lightly damaged

Reactions: WKRP
Japan has long been out of the game for me.They use to rule when it came to asian steels.They've really fallen behind.There's a lot of reasons.First,the pre-order price,way to high compared to even the premium steels from Kimchidvd,Blufans,HDZeta,etc.Then,the release dates are wayyyyyyyy behind compared to the rest.I don't really double dip and I'm a big movie buff period.I'm not waiting four months after a title comes out just to get a steelbook from Amazon Japan.Sorry,that is way too late.They would stay more competitive if they adjust their release dates.I know its not Amazon that decides the release dates but this puts them at a very big disadvantage.And then years after selling steelbooks,they haven't adapted to how to properly package their items.Heck,collectors here are having to pretend like their buying someone a gift to have better packaging.Just an afterthought is what they've become to me.Sorry...

Last edited:
Japan has long been out of the game for me.They use to rule when it came to asian steels.They've really fallen behind.There's a lot of reasons.First,the pre-order price,way to high compared to even the premium steels from Kimchidvd,Blufans,HDZeta,etc.Then,the release dates are wayyyyyyyy behind compared to the rest.I don't really double dip and I'm a big movie buff period.I'm not waiting four months after a title comes out just to get a steelbook from Amazon Japan.Sorry,that is way too late.They would stay more competitive if they adjust their release dates.I know its not Amazon that decides the release dates but this puts them at a very big disadvantage.And then years after selling steelbooks,they haven't adapted to how to properly package their items.Heck,collectors here are having to pretend like their buying someone a gift to have better packaging.Just an afterthought is what they've become to me.Sorry...

Hard to get decent release dates here when, for some reason, many movies come out in theaters AT LEAST a month after they have released just about everywhere else, and sometimes many, many months later. Cap 2 was a bit over a month later here, Frozen is a great example as it came out 4 months later than in the U.S.

Hard to get decent release dates here when, for some reason, many movies come out in theaters AT LEAST a month after they have released just about everywhere else, and sometimes many, many months later. Cap 2 was a bit over a month later here, Frozen is a great example as it came out 4 months later than in the U.S.

I know...It's not Amazon's fault but it puts them in a big disadvantage.

Good point, I'm hoping they release a FROZEN steel that doesn't have this movieNEX thing.

I'm just hoping this doent start a trend and they'll learn from customer feedback

There are still some really nice slips coming out of Japan like 2 Guns and Captain Philips that a lot of people have picked up recently and there have been a lot of great exclusives recently as well I'm a big fan of the recent Side Effects and Cosmopolis releases and I'm kicking myself dor not ordering the Rambo metalpak

I'm not giving up on Japanese steels yet!

Reactions: hvowell
During the re-release of the Star Trek steelbook, .jp got it later than everyone. When pictures were finally posted, there was no j-card and a lot of cursing of .jp. The Star Wars steels also came out with the same lousy non-glossy finish featured everywhere and an unimaginative and tiny slip. That was the end of me pre-ordering in the hopes of getting a Thor or Jaws. The grails are too unpredictable for me to ever have any luck securing one, as they usually sell out before I know about them or see pictures anyway. Rambo was pictured with the slip, which made pre-ordering that one easy.

i didn't open my copy but if I did, would it be possible to exchange the plastic part of the amaray and steelbook, to switch them (is the word steelbook to the right of the steel on the metal or plastic part ?... once switched could have at least in the steel the japanese disk blu ray and 3D and just leave the DVd in the amaray... just cause this release is not worth what we paid but on the upside the disks are and please someone correct me if I am wrong but exclusive to this release as all the other releases they use the same disks(colored blue plain writing very genereic) ???