Tom Whalen MONDO X STEELBOOK Disney Releases

I was told- by a certain messenger of whom WOULD know about these sorts of things- that Tom Whalen’s ENTIRE Mondo Disney Line has been green-lit for Steelbook production.

No particular date on this time-table- but prepare your wallets and rest easy knowing that MORE is coming, fellow ninjas.

In other- *unrelated* news, I did meet and get to Tom Whalen at this past New York Comic Con 2018. Buy he would NEVER talk about something pre-release.

yeah this is the second time I have heard the rumor so its exciting and scary to actually see it coming..

I hope it stops before it even starts... mondo x was always more than "disney only" and "one artist only"...

Mondo X almost died with Future Shop and the person that started the whole thing.

At this point I'm thankful to get any artwork, but might be thinking if I should be collecting the entire line anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd definitely be up for more Disney titles, but if that's all Mondo X is gonna be from now on, then I'm out. I like how they've been mixing it up, and not just in terms of films, but artists too.

Bring it on! COme one, come all, as that brings more of all. :)

Maybe this is a hint at timeline if he is even talking about this. ha

• Thanks
Reactions: dfoles
Great news! Thanks, @FN-2187! +1 for a Whalen Wall-E steelbook. I don't know that I'd buy everything Disney, even for Whalen (can't imagine ever buying Finding Nemo or A Bug's Life, or some others, no matter what the art), but I'm thrilled to see more Whalen steelbooks! It'd be nice if they'd limit it to Pixar—more doable than the whole line of Disney animation yet again.

Well, I think the key here is also its MONDO and WHALEN in reference to any future Mondo X that happen to be with Whalen .......... and that wouldnt mean Whalen stuff from other Galleries.

so just see here for possibilities. there is 4 pages.

https://mondotees.com/collections/posters?_=pf&pf_t_artist=artist_Tom Whalen

I'd guess things like Frozen, Aladdin, Lion King, Little Mermaid , Walle , and then if the horizontals can be reworked then it opens up a few more. Would love to see Roger Rabbit with updated colors to make it POP

Hm, that's true. So, looking at the list of what he's done for Mondo, I'd assume the likeliest candidates are all the ones that are being redone as live-action: Lion King, Aladdin, Dumbo, Pinocchio, Little Mermaid. Maybe that's how they got the approval—Disney's ready and willing to stir up interest in all the new versions?

For me, out of the Mondo list, my top choices would be Wall-E, Alice in Wonderland, and Toy Story. And if they weren't limited to Disney, I'd love a Wizard of Oz steelbook with his art. Still waiting for a great steel for that movie. Whatever they choose, it's going to look great. He's long been one of my favorite designers.

Unless they reduce prices on these if they're going to continue then line then I'm out
I stopped buying Mondo steelbooks after number 10 (which I believe was Ex_Machina?)

Some of the subsequent steelbooks didn't do a lot for me (Total Recall) and I'm firmly in the camp that I have to own each numerical release with the Mondo line (i.e. I can't have #000 (Drive) to #010 on my shelf and jump straight into #016 for instance)

Part of me is thinking of jumping back in to the Mondo line and collecting those I'm missing out on, but price wise, I may decide against it....

I stopped buying Mondo steelbooks after number 10 (which I believe was Ex_Machina?)

Some of the subsequent steelbooks didn't do a lot for me (Total Recall) and I'm firmly in the camp that I have to own each numerical release with the Mondo line (i.e. I can't have #000 (Drive) to #010 on my shelf and jump straight into #016 for instance)

Part of me is thinking of jumping back in to the Mondo line and collecting those I'm missing out on, but price wise, I may decide against it....
Oh, I know what you mean. I have books on my shelf here with ISBN 9780830894352 and ISBN 9781447299851, and it just kills me that I'm missing ISBNs 9780830894353 through 9781447299850. Someday...

;)

Oh, I know what you mean. I have books on my shelf here with ISBN 9780830894352 and ISBN 9781447299851, and it just kills me that I'm missing ISBNs 9780830894353 through 9781447299850. Someday...

;)
Haha. It’s not the same!!!!
Those numbered Mondo spines really bring out the worst in the collector in me...

• Thanks
Reactions: ethnosax