Touch of Evil (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Touch of Evil (Blu-ray Steelbook) HMV Exclusive http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1;-1&sku=220329

According to Steve Hills (who does the PR for Eureka studios in UK) - Masters of Cinema will be releasing Touch of Evil on Blu-ray in a limited steelbook edition exclusive to HMV.

Available on November 14, 2011.

More info to come.

Source information found via twitter @Steve_Hills

Main picture courtesy of Flloydo:
View attachment 60971

Actual pics:
toe_front.jpg

toe_inside.jpg

Last edited:
What else can I say: crap! So many movies in a steelbook - many movies that aren't worth it. Especially this one here is a pain in the a......

not agree with you. you dont need to buy EVERYTHING that exist in STEELBOOK edition. I love EUREKA steelbook collection. One of the best that i have.

not agree with you. you dont need to buy EVERYTHING that exist in STEELBOOK edition. I love EUREKA steelbook collection. One of the best that i have.

Totally agree with you- the Eureka steelbooks are just beautiful- and classic films too...not the crap Zavvi churns out on a daily basis. :thumbs:

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Interesting I noticed the top plastic clip for the booklet is broken/missing. Mine arrived the same way. I think the extra thick booklet causes this.
In hand this is a gorgeous steelbook.

What else can I say: crap! So many movies in a steelbook - many movies that aren't worth it. Especially this one here is a pain in the a......

that's so not true. "touch of evil" is one of the best film noirs ever made (and one of the last of that era). orson welles gives a stunning perfomance as the bad detective (cop?), brilliant black/white cinematography, and the opening scene is also one of the best ever. so many nice aspects around that film, and EUREKA releases are also always reliably well done.

how dare you to say this movie is crap. :rolleyes:

edit: and the steelbook is definitely not available anymore directly from EUREKA. i wrote them an email last week, because it told me "Your item has sold out
We're sorry, the following item(s) isn't available at this time" when i tried to order via their offers page.
they had a look for me in their warehouse if they might possibly find one last copy, but they couldnt. so this is sold out now, even if it's still listed there on the offers page.

Last edited:
Totally agree with you- the Eureka steelbooks are just beautiful- and classic films too...not the crap Zavvi churns out on a daily basis. :thumbs:

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Interesting I noticed the top plastic clip for the booklet is broken/missing. Mine arrived the same way. I think the extra thick booklet causes this.
In hand this is a gorgeous steelbook.

I had one with a broken clip a few months ago and Eureka sent me a replacement copy and let me keep the damaged one so I sold it on...reckon I got one of the last ones from Eureka then! Will be a collectors item one day methinks!

I had one with a broken clip a few months ago and Eureka sent me a replacement copy and let me keep the damaged one so I sold it on...reckon I got one of the last ones from Eureka then! Will be a collectors item one day methinks!

I think I might have bought it lol

You got my good one then! Wish I had kept the intact one now lol

Oh, I thought you sold the one with the broken clip, I got it a lil bit cheaper because of that, you can see it in the video. It's doesn't really bother me.

Already put photos in the "pics of your last steelbook" thread but basically got this of the cex website for £5.00!!!!!! The normal blu ray is on sale for £10.00. Don't make sense. Anyway there was only 1 left but will post the link for people to keep an eye out. More photos in the other thread

attachment.php

https://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=5060000700480#.UvU0nnggHCQ:thumbs:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 354
Lovely steelbook- gotta' love The Masters Of Cinema steelies! :D

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Oh, I thought you sold the one with the broken clip, I got it a lil bit cheaper because of that, you can see it in the video. It's doesn't really bother me.

Haven't been following this thread but mine also arrived with a broken clip when I got it shortly after release. :(

Reactions: XXHAPPY GILMORE
yes, it's a pity, they are just teasing.

it really hurt when i first hesitated buying when these "last few copies" were put up about a year ago (because i already had the amaray version), and then had to pay double price for an opened copy to complete my MoC collection.

i try it every once in a while to order it, still hoping that maybe they find a couple of copies in a corner of their warehouse...