Touch of Evil (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

apsmith21

Operations Director
Staff Member
Aug 6, 2010
USA
Touch of Evil (Blu-ray Steelbook) HMV Exclusive http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1;-1&sku=220329

According to Steve Hills (who does the PR for Eureka studios in UK) - Masters of Cinema will be releasing Touch of Evil on Blu-ray in a limited steelbook edition exclusive to HMV.

Available on November 14, 2011.

More info to come.

Source information found via twitter @Steve_Hills

Main picture courtesy of Flloydo:
View attachment 60971

Actual pics:
toe_front.jpg

toe_inside.jpg

Last edited:
Released in 1958 - starring Orson Welles, Charlton Heston and Janet Leigh - directed by Orson Welles.

Movie review from IMDB said:
After crossing the border of Mexico to the United States of America, the bomb planted in the car of the wealthy businessman Rudy Linneker blows up in Los Robles. The Mexican Chief of Narcotics Miguel Vargas (Charlton Heston) is spending honeymoon with his American wife Susan Vargas (Janet Leigh) in the border town and will testify in the case of the drug dealer Grandi that is arrested in Mexico City. The idolized ex-alcoholic American Police Captain Hank Quinlan (Orson Welles) is in charge of the investigation since the murder happened in the American side of the border, but Mike Vargas participates as observer since the Mexican citizen Sanchez (Victor Millan) is the prime suspect. Meanwhile, Uncle Joe Grandi (Akim Tamitoff) unsuccessfully presses Susie, trying to convince her husband to drop the case. When Hank plants two dynamites in the house of Sanchez in a shoe box that Vargas had seen empty ten minutes before, he confronts Hanks. Joe Grandi witnesses their argument and associates to Hank to discredit Vargas, dishonoring Susie.

"Touch of Evil" is a masterpiece of malevolence and loss of humanity and one of my favorite movies ever. The long sequence in the beginning is in my opinion the best in cinema history, with a perfect timing. The black and white cinematography is amazing, with the perfect use of shadows and lighting. The story is fantastic and Orson Welles is awesome in the role of a despicable policeman that believes in his hunches, eternally grieves the loss of his wife and wishes to bring justice no matter the means and without any ethic. Janet Leigh performs a strong female character unusual in the 50's. Charlton Heston has also an unforgettable performance in the role of an ethical police office that is the opposite of Hank and prioritizes his work to his family, leaving his wife alone to seek the truth about his opponent.

Last edited:
i put a tread up of this in the limited edition area a couple of weeks ago,it wasn't confirmed steelbook then.
i can't see this being exclusive to hmv,as it's on play and amazon as well.

At this pricing point I was dreading the artwork as I thought another Stickerbook, but thankfully doesn't look like it. Could be a bit niche is my only other thought, but £14.99. Might even do a group if folks want it.