Toy Story (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 21, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on August 31 at 6 PM and 12 PM for red carpet subscribers - UK Time)
Price: £27.99

12269159-1084701200083551.jpg

12269159-7294701199748379.jpg 12269159-9744701199996899.jpg

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: luke98
Sadly can't get excited about any of these new TOY STORY (1 - 3) steelbooks - unlike yesterday's T2 - and will hope to pick up for under 15 quid at some point in the future.

Agreed. Bit of an insult (in my personal opinion) to be charged a premium price for such uninspired, lacklustre, lazy artwork. Compare this to the original Zavvi steelbook and you'll see just how utterly dire this is...

Must of gone early by mistake as now showing out of stock just managed to get a order in before though

@Mr Y Fronts
That 100% live for red carpet or just link showing
I see as a non red carpet subscriber link brings to home page
Same here, but I managed to get my order in earlier as well (and using the WELCOME346 code). Here's hoping they don't cancel it!

I assume that Zavvi will be getting Toy Story 2 and 3 shortly as well?

After the recent DUMBO and A QUIET PLACE steelbooks (being the two most recent obvious examples of massive differences and a big disservice to UK consumers) nothing can be taken for granted so was wondering if there's any word on the grapevine regarding THE TOY STORY 1 - 3 4K steels in the UK . . . will they be finished exactly the same as the US and be receiving the same treatment ? if not, then this release will surely go down like the proverbial lead balloon.

After the recent DUMBO and A QUIET PLACE steelbooks (being the two most recent obvious examples of massive differences and a big disservice to UK consumers) nothing can be taken for granted so was wondering if there's any word on the grapevine regarding THE TOY STORY 1 - 3 4K steels in the UK . . . will they be finished exactly the same as the US and be receiving the same treatment ? if not, then this release will surely go down like the proverbial lead balloon.

Those 2 titles were new releases. These are re-releases so just like all of the Marvel 4K re-releases have the same finish in the UK as North America I believe these will also be the same. You will probably be getting all of the Pixar films in 2 week increments like with the Marvels.

Having said that it sounds like nobody in the UK wants them anyway.

Reactions: virkia
Those 2 titles were new releases. These are re-releases so just like all of the Marvel 4K re-releases have the same finish in the UK as North America I believe these will also be the same. You will probably be getting all of the Pixar films in 2 week increments like with the Marvels.

Having said that it sounds like nobody in the UK wants them anyway.

I’m personally only interested in a couple, and later films where the CGI/ animation is much better

Personally my favs and the ones I’m interested in are nemo, incredibles, ratatouille, wall.e, Up and toy story 3. Id also consider monsters uni as the animation looks amazing.
Not bothered about the rest and the standard blu Ray does it for me

Reactions: Stygian
I’m personally only interested in a couple, and later films where the CGI/ animation is much better

Personally my favs and the ones I’m interested in are nemo, incredibles, ratatouille, wall.e, Up and toy story 3. Id also consider monsters uni as the animation looks amazing.
Not bothered about the rest and the standard blu Ray does it for me

If the titles in this series had been released sporadically in Canada the way they will be released in the UK then they would have sold out each title immediately because people would have bought them one at a time making it easier to collect them. As it stands now, only Ratatouille has sold out and it was sold out almost immediately.

If the titles in this series had been released sporadically in Canada the way they will be released in the UK then they would have sold out each title immediately because people would have bought them one at a time making it easier to collect them. As it stands now, only Ratatouille has sold out and it was sold out almost immediately.

Oh I’ve not seen the ratatouille art (I don’t think). Is it the same style of art? If so then it’s a pass from me, just not feeling them. The image is too small as well on this and the other 2 and the back is just boring.

Come to think of it, I’d skip toy story 3 with this art because it would just stick out.

Yeah I’m not going to bother with any of them now. These films look fine on standard blu Ray. Don’t need them in 4k

Oh I’ve not seen the ratatouille art (I don’t think). Is it the same style of art? If so then it’s a pass from me, just not feeling them. The image is too small as well on this and the other 2 and the back is just boring.

Come to think of it, I’d skip toy story 3 with this art because it would just stick out.

Yeah I’m not going to bother with any of them now. These films look fine on standard blu Ray. Don’t need them in 4k

Toy Story 1, 2 and 3 were released first and sold out immediately. These are the next 8 which have been available for pre-order for a long time now. All 8 are being released on Sep. 10 along with Aladdin (1992) and Aladdin (2019). John Wick 3 is also being released here that day. I've read comments speculating that Disney is re-releasing as many titles as possible on physical media all at the same time because they will be launching their streaming service soon. So perhaps Disney is hoping to make as many sales as possible while they can. Since stuff will eventually be available for streaming on Disney Plus who knows, maybe there won't be as much of a demand to buy their physical media anymore?

m2230684.jpgm2230686.jpgm2230674.jpgm2230676.jpgm2230680.jpgm2230678.jpgm2230672.jpgm2230682.jpg

Reactions: Flloydo
Toy Story 1, 2 and 3 were released first and sold out immediately. These are the next 8 which have been available for pre-order for a long time now. All 8 are being released on Sep. 10 along with Aladdin (1992) and Aladdin (2019). John Wick 3 is also being released here that day. I've read comments speculating that Disney is re-releasing as many titles as possible on physical media all at the same time because they will be launching their streaming service soon. So perhaps Disney is hoping to make as many sales as possible while they can. Since stuff will eventually be available for streaming on Disney Plus who knows, maybe there won't be as much of a demand to buy their physical media anymore?

View attachment 445010View attachment 445011View attachment 445012View attachment 445013View attachment 445014View attachment 445015View attachment 445016View attachment 445017

Ohhhh. They look bad.

Only decent ones are ratatouille, nemo and dory

Wow! That’s taking the pisssss. All that on one day. Do they literally think that people who watch films or collect steelbooks don’t have lives lol. Pissssss takers

Ohhhh. They look bad.

Only decent ones are ratatouille, nemo and dory

Wow! That’s taking the pisssss. All that on one day. Do they literally think that people who watch films or collect steelbooks don’t have lives lol. Pissssss takers

Personally I think collecting a series of items is something best done over time. One a month would be perfect. Almost like a subscription. Having everything available all at once is overwhelming and turns people off from buying even one title. People can blame the art but if these were released over time I'm sure people would buy them. They just aren't going to shell out $400 all at once and so most won't even buy any.

Reactions: Flloydo