Toy Story (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 21, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on August 31 at 6 PM and 12 PM for red carpet subscribers - UK Time)
Price: £27.99

12269159-1084701200083551.jpg

12269159-7294701199748379.jpg 12269159-9744701199996899.jpg

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: luke98
Do we reckon there’s any chance of these dropping any further? Are Zavvi known for dropping the likes of a Pixar 4K Steelbook to £9.99?

I’m soooo tempted but would be gutted if I can’t complete the collection if all the other films don’t get released over here in the UK, like they are to Best Buy.
I doubt these will drop further. You can use the code ZAVEH12 for 12% off though making it £13.19 each ;)

Do we reckon there’s any chance of these dropping any further? Are Zavvi known for dropping the likes of a Pixar 4K Steelbook to £9.99?

I’m soooo tempted but would be gutted if I can’t complete the collection if all the other films don’t get released over here in the UK, like they are to Best Buy.

They have all been released but the new Toy Story 4 is still £29.99 and does not match perfect with 1-3, no idea if they plan to release it again.

2 & 3 are also in the clearance deal but seems like they have disabled the codes on these so can't get them for £13.19 any more.
Even the 10% VIP code is not working which is supposed to on all in-stock Steelbooks

They have sold Disney Steelbooks under £10 before but not 4K ones.

• Informative
Reactions: Behold
They have all been released but the new Toy Story 4 is still £29.99 and does not match perfect with 1-3, no idea if they plan to release it again.

2 & 3 are also in the clearance deal but seems like they have disabled the codes on these so can't get them for £13.19 any more.
Even the 10% VIP code is not working which is supposed to on all in-stock Steelbooks

They have sold Disney Steelbooks under £10 before but not 4K ones.

Thanks for confirming with the codes not working.

Did these cartoony styled releases come out before or after the Toy Story 4 Steelbook release?

Thanks for confirming with the codes not working.

Did these cartoony styled releases come out before or after the Toy Story 4 Steelbook release?

They were released around the same time but think it was just before, some others on here will be able to confirm the dates better.

Reactions: Behold
I might get them on a limb hoping they release the others in this collection, and also rerelease Toy Story 4 and Onward in this same style.

I love to cartoony style, and they are so simple.

Zavvi really are sh*te - the Red Carpet discount codes are so selective and often don't even follow their own rules - 10% off all instock steelbooks...except the ones we don't want to give you discount on! It's a shame they seem to have a bit of a monopoly on exclusive steelbooks in the UK.

Reactions: asseanontv
Zavvi really are sh*te - the Red Carpet discount codes are so selective and often don't even follow their own rules - 10% off all instock steelbooks...except the ones we don't want to give you discount on! It's a shame they seem to have a bit of a monopoly on exclusive steelbooks in the UK.
To be fair (and it's not easy trying to defend Zavvi, to be honest), it's not uncommon for retailers to say you can't combine offers. Quite often, discount codes will not be valid against sale items. I have found the same with Zoom, who won't let you use a discount code alongside a "2 for £x" promotion, for example.

To be fair (and it's not easy trying to defend Zavvi, to be honest), it's not uncommon for retailers to say you can't combine offers. Quite often, discount codes will state that they are not valid against sale items. I have found the same with Zoom, who won't let you use a discount code alongside a "2 for £x" promotion, for example.
That’s fair but the clearance steels are just reduced in price. Also the Red Carpet page just says “10% off in stock steelbooks” which means the discounts should apply. Also what does my head in more is that some of the clearance steels let you apply a discount code but not the Toy Story ones. There is no consistency.

That’s fair but the clearance steels are just reduced in price. Also the Red Carpet page just says “10% off in stock steelbooks” which means the discounts should apply. Also what does my head in more is that some of the clearance steels let you apply a discount code but not the Toy Story ones. There is no consistency.
Yes, I certainly agree with you on that point! :)

In their general T&Cs, though, it also states:

Discount codes that are valid across the entire site exclude the following unless stated otherwise;
  • Pre-orders
  • Bundle & Special Boxes
  • Technology
  • Lego
  • Limited Edition products and collections
  • Subscriptions
  • All Sale, Clearance, Outlet Lines
  • Can not be used in conjunction with other promotions

But as we all know, sometimes they DO work on some pre-orders or sale/clearance items, even if only for a short period of time.

Last edited:
Well, I caved and ordered all 3. Here’s hoping the other Pixar films get released, and TS4 and Onward get a rerelease with the same treatment

Reactions: NinjaMonkey
received my copy today. was shipped in 2 jiffy bags and it survived the delivery. magic i guess.

My 3 arrived over the last couple days, also on double Jiffy bags.

I’m not mad because they were fine, but it’s a risky move on Zavvi’s front!

arrived today in canada...in a jiffy bag/bubble mailers.

They arrived in one piece, but toy story 2 has some buff marks, light scratches on it (n) :offtopic:

wondering if they'll send me another one

Attachments

• IMG_2286777.jpg
    IMG_2286777.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 133
Wish me luck ordered the 3 and its going to oz, and probably take 6 weeks who know due to covid, wonder what others i will have in bags?
Any other steels that's been sent in bags around same time? Before or after as it takes longer to get here i not know till then.
Just dont get why they just don't hold the orders until the white boxes are available as normally does not take that long.
Or even why they always seem to run out from time to time.
The amount of steels they send you would think once boxes get below a number they reorder