Toy Story (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 21, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on August 31 at 6 PM and 12 PM for red carpet subscribers - UK Time)
Price: £27.99

12269159-1084701200083551.jpg

12269159-7294701199748379.jpg 12269159-9744701199996899.jpg

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: luke98
Ohhhh. They look bad.

Only decent ones are ratatouille, nemo and dory

Wow! That’s taking the pisssss. All that on one day. Do they literally think that people who watch films or collect steelbooks don’t have lives lol. Pissssss takers
Tbf it just show cases one of the major differences between the UK and US market they did the same with iron man and thor on 4k in the states releasing 5 steelbooks on the same day as endgame. And doing it again with doctor strange, guardians 1 and antman releasing them on the same day as far from home rather then spacing the release out over 2-4 week periods like zavvi do here in the UK

Reactions: Flloydo and Stygian
Right since yesterday when i try to search this it comes up on the search as live. As soon as i click on it to open so i can order it just goes back to the zavvi home page. Its not let me gone passed that since yesterday and still is showing as available when I search it.

Im not red carpet. So I assume this should be going live normally for everyone today?

Right since yesterday when i try to search this it comes up on the search as live. As soon as i click on it to open so i can order it just goes back to the zavvi home page. Its not let me gone passed that since yesterday and still is showing as available when I search it.

Im not red carpet. So I assume this should be going live normally for everyone today?

Correct.

Just curious. If this goes sold out before going live. Is Zavvi breaking any law them being an online store? Or is it allowed to offer some things only to a smaller group of buyers? Not being a smart ass or anything...asking purely out of curiosity.
Then again it's possible that they lock part of the stock and release it only after it goes live for everyone

Tbf it just show cases one of the major differences between the UK and US market they did the same with iron man and thor on 4k in the states releasing 5 steelbooks on the same day as endgame. And doing it again with doctor strange, guardians 1 and antman releasing them on the same day as far from home rather then spacing the release out over 2-4 week periods like zavvi do here in the UK

Yeah I fully appreciate zavvi spacing them out.

Someone mentioned the ratatouille one being up and sold out already, is this Red Carpet? Can only see the first Toy Story steelbook up on Zavvi...

So strange that in an era in which Disney are remaking all their animated films to appeal to an audience who prefers live action, they release this CGI movie with a cover that makes it look like it's a cartoon.

who would deliberately purchase this?

I would! I'm not from the states, so couldnt grab these at bestbuy, am glad zavvi are releasing them and ship steelbooks internationally with a fIat fee. Plus i grew up watching the earlier pixars. And since this is 4k in steelbook packaging with a nicely designed minimalist artwork which i can appreciate, and matches the other sequels...i'm all up for them! :D

To be honest I would quite like this set but I can't justify buying the pixars all over again when there are others I will want more coming.

Plus I'm not convinced this design will continue beyond into newer movies, which brings up the same old problem with collecting and not getting that continuity.
I would buy them, they would all look great, and then whatever future pixar comes out will just shut down the artwork for this set and will be something completely different.

At least the ones we already have are all different in their own right individually, which shows no real uniformity collectively like the new set does.

It's a little OCD but there we go.

Last edited:
Reactions: djjez83
To be honest I would quite like this set but I can't justify buying the pixars all over again when there are others I will want more coming.

Plus I'm not convinced this design will continue beyond into newer movies, which brings up the same old problem with collecting and not getting that continuity.
I would buy them, they would all look great, and then whatever future pixar comes out will just shut down the artwork for this set and will be something completely different.

At least the ones we already have are all different in their own right individually, which shows no real uniformity like the new set does.

It's a little OCD but there we go.
I'm exactly the same. I love the uniformity in these and the new 4k marvel line but I do question when we get new releases if this trend will continue. I.e. will toy story 4, onward and soul get the treatment of these sets, same story for marvel will captain marvel, black widow, eternals and so on stick to the new designs? Part of me thinks for the next few years they likely will similar to the pixar, disney and marvel sleeves for dvd and blu ray but even then companies like making money on these products and turning out new ideas/lines that later get dropped so I think as a collector it's a risk we have to gamble on. I personally like these new pixar steels. I love the simple artwork almost like a story book which suits pixar down to the ground. But I see what others hate about them.

Reactions: St4rlord
I'm exactly the same. I love the uniformity in these and the new 4k marvel line but I do question when we get new releases if this trend will continue. I.e. will toy story 4, onward and soul get the treatment of these sets, same story for marvel will captain marvel, black widow, eternals and so on stick to the new designs? Part of me thinks for the next few years they likely will similar to the pixar, disney and marvel sleeves for dvd and blu ray but even then companies like making money on these products and turning out new ideas/lines that later get dropped so I think as a collector it's a risk we have to gamble on. I personally like these new pixar steels. I love the simple artwork almost like a story book which suits pixar down to the ground. But I see what others hate about them.
Yea, I have no issue with the artwork at all. I think it suits the Pixar films, and I'm not saying it's any better or any worse than previous releases, but it feels more polished as a set. The block colours are fine and if the finish is anything like Best Buy then these will absolutely look great as a set. As we have both touched upon though it would be the lack of continuity that would spoil it for me after paying a lot of money to obtain all of these but like you say, it's a gamble and most things are a gamble really with collecting steels.

It would just be nice for once to have a complete matching set of steelbooks that then continue that design, but when it comes to new movies as 'part of a collection' how long is a piece of string?

Reactions: djjez83
I don't feel that these PIXAR steelbooks are anything to write home about despite their hopefully gloss finish and debossed titles a la U.S. and that some do indeed look quite ghastly particularly RATATOUILLE - which has only had one delightful steelbook so far (imo) and that was from the French wave ...
1567359787223.png
... and anyway not as if they'd match as well as say the Studio Ghibli UK collection of 18 titles and counting . . . personally hoping that these new ones from BB do not come to the UK - apart from TOY STORY 1 - 3 which looks to be a done deal . . . also, knowing how Disney likes to **** with the collector I don't imagine they'd put out a matching set of 25 + Pixar steels let alone a matching set of 55 + Disney classics (even though those are spread out over a period of some 80 year).
IMO Disney Pixar deserves something better for 4K releases and thankfully the Disney 4K Classics are mostly getting the respect they deserve (such as the upcoming FROZEN etc.)

I'm trying to cancel this on my account which is part of a bigger order with discount used but it's not letting you cancel this title, normally you select the copy in numbers and reason and done,but part of the order does not let you, three you can select to.cancel other three not, and the one obviously this im trying to cancel is one, it's got nothing to do with dates as the other 3 that you can pick in numbers not out till November. It's annoying as I canceled 2 and 3 of this edition under other orders but don't need first. Have sent them a request to cancel order for that one title but it's yet not done, it's not come off my account yet and it's not out till 21st oct but would be due payment possibly tomorrow. So why is it hard to cancel it on my own anyone an ideas, personally don't want to cancel the whole order as means I be paying more if I reorder the rest.

I'm trying to cancel this on my account which is part of a bigger order with discount used but it's not letting you cancel this title, normally you select the copy in numbers and reason and done,but part of the order does not let you, three you can select to.cancel other three not, and the one obviously this im trying to cancel is one, it's got nothing to do with dates as the other 3 that you can pick in numbers not out till November. It's annoying as I canceled 2 and 3 of this edition under other orders but don't need first. Have sent them a request to cancel order for that one title but it's yet not done, it's not come off my account yet and it's not out till 21st oct but would be due payment possibly tomorrow. So why is it hard to cancel it on my own anyone an ideas, personally don't want to cancel the whole order as means I be paying more if I reorder the rest.

Use the option to contact via e-mail and tell them you want to cancel only this item. . It worked for me.

Use the option to contact via e-mail and tell them you want to cancel only this item. . It worked for me.
I already did several hrs back but nothing has been done, im hoping they dont charge me tomorrow as that be 7 days prior to its shipping date and which they normally do and i have already canceled 2 and 3 edition. As first one is part of a bigger order its not doing it that way. And its not as if i have left it till last minute its a the day before possible payment taken.

I already did several hrs back but nothing has been done, im hoping they dont charge me tomorrow as that be 7 days prior to its shipping date and which they normally do and i have already canceled 2 and 3 edition. As first one is part of a bigger order its not doing it that way. And its not as if i have left it till last minute its a the day before possible payment taken.

I rarely received a reply from them on a Sunday. It's possible their customer service is not working and you'll receive a reply tomorrow morning. It's a gamble mate...
One solution would be to keep your card empty (if you use a type of card that you add funds). That way even if they try to bill the item, they won't be able to.