Toy Story (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 21, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on August 31 at 6 PM and 12 PM for red carpet subscribers - UK Time)
Price: £27.99

12269159-1084701200083551.jpg

12269159-7294701199748379.jpg 12269159-9744701199996899.jpg

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: luke98
Meh.

Pass. Love toy story but not needed in 4k and if it’s the same art as the US then it just looks crappy

Plus the animation looks so old now I find that 4k will be pointless. The newer films 3 and 4 would look better though and obviously 4 has a upcoming 4k release

To be honest I've not been blown away by any of the Toy Story releases to date. I think there's still room for a really top notch edition but I doubt this will be any better than what has gone before.

Reactions: Noodles
So, does this mean we're getting this cutie (and the other two) in the UK or a better design so far unrevealed?
1566821194263.png
1566820399488.png

TBH would have much preferred the new upcoming US FROZEN steelbook to the US TOY STORY steelbook:-
1566821538807.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steelbooks being released for Zavvi's 10th Anniversary = most appropriate with tin and aluminium gifts traditionally associated with the 10th.

Last edited:
To be honest I've not been blown away by any of the Toy Story releases to date. I think there's still room for a really top notch edition but I doubt this will be any better than what has gone before.
I agree... there's definitely room for improvement, but Disney's steel designs have gone down hill since the original releases, so I can't see this being any better unfortunately.

Will red carpet members get earlier access do you know ? I can never get the usual WELCOME346 code to work sinse signed up to red carpet either have u got to get in quick or something

Will red carpet members get earlier access do you know ? I can never get the usual WELCOME346 code to work sinse signed up to red carpet either have u got to get in quick or something
It worked for me when I ordered Infinity War, and yes, you have to be quick.

It worked for me when I ordered Infinity War, and yes, you have to be quick.
Do we have to use it when it goes live for us at red carpet time or use it when live at normal time ? As sometimes we never know what time these red carpet times go live until a email comes through and by that time its normally to late

It doesn't look like the mystery Disney steel is either

I thought this was the mystery steel

Not sure why I thought that

Maybe it is and their sales on the DC & Marvel mystery backfired lol so they decide to unravel the mystery on this one

So, does this mean we're getting this cutie (and the other two) in the UK or a better design so far unrevealed?
View attachment 444240 View attachment 444239

TBH would have much preferred the new upcoming US FROZEN steelbook to the US TOY STORY steelbook:-
View attachment 444241

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steelbooks being released for Zavvi's 10th Anniversary = most appropriate with tin and aluminium gifts traditionally associated with the 10th.

That Frozen one is pretty nice

Good artwork, a title, better then the WWA one which was tittleless yet still part of the Disney collection (lord knows why)

Re-release the ones which got WWA Zavvi

Inside Out, Ralph Breaks the Internet, The Good Dinosaur, Moana etc