Transformers: Age of Extinction (3D only Blu-ray SteelBook) (Entertainment Store Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Our friends at The Entertainment Store are pleased to announce their latest exclusive Steelbook release: Transformers: Age of Extinction.

Does not include 2D disc

Release date: November 17, 2014
Price: £22.99
Pre-order link
Pre-orders will go live Friday 5th September.
Group Buy: Naughtius Maximus or Masterblaster or Hubmuswell
Notes: Limited to 2000 copies, Region Free
Audio/Subs:
DISC1
Audio: ENGLISH / FRENCH / ITALIAN / SPANISH

Subs: ENGLISH / FRENCH / NORWEGIAN / SWEDISH / DANISH / DUTCH / ITALIAN / SPANISH / DANISH / FINNISH

DISC2
Audio:
ENGLISH (Possibly more)

Subs: ENGLISH / FRENCH / NORWEGIAN / SWEDISH / DANISH / DUTCH / ITALIAN / SPANISH / DANISH / FINNISH / GERMAN / JAPANESE

Artwork and finish details:
• Matt finish with spot gloss on Optimus Prime / Grimlock and title treatment
• Embossed title treatment

01.jpg

02.jpg hd03.jpg
hd01.jpg
hd02.jpg

In the meantime, our full range of Steelbooks is available here:http://www.play.com/stores/EntertainmentStore/Steelbooks

The Entertainment Store has been trading on RakutenPlay.comandeBayMarketplaces since 2013 and is proud to retail only authentic and high quality Entertainment goods, delivered to customers direct from the Studio and Publishers.

Last edited:
That looks incredible! And personally I am happy to not be forced to pony up extra for a disc I will never use. 3D should be an option for steelbookers.

So far this is the best looking of the Transformers steels imo.

This steel book is going to look awesone as long as the white background is actually white. Movie is pretty bad but I only watched it for the action and special effects. :p

Anybody know the time this will be live (Friday 5th at ???) with only 2000 copies this might sell out fast. Don`t want to miss it since I have all the others in UK Steels as well.

I think the future shop edition has a way better front cover.
I assume as this doesn't say that it's WEA that this will be the design the rest of Europe will get?

I like it, but with the possibility of no 3D and not having any of the previous steelies means I'm just gonna go for the 3D US amaray edition

Reactions: psychoscot
I struggle to understand why a film that is in 3D is not available as a steelbook in 3D.
I presume they are hoping you'll buy the Amaray 3D version as well.
Look at Zavvis DOTM. No 3D and you can't give them away. Same with Iron Man.
You would think they would learn but it appears not. IMO :)

I struggle to understand why a film that is in 3D is not available as a steelbook in 3D.
I presume they are hoping you'll buy the Amaray 3D version as well.
Look at Zavvis DOTM. No 3D and you can't give them away. Same with Iron Man.
You would think they would learn but it appears not. IMO :)

Tbh it worked with me with Amazing Spiderman 2, I bought the 3D amaray and the HMV 2D steelbook. Works out nicely though as i have separate shelfs for steelbooks and 3D movies.

2000 copies only is silly that will sell out within an hour or so mainly to traders. A movie which grosses over $1b worldwide is going to have a large following on Bluray surely 4,000 copies minimum :rolleyes:

I reckon it will be as FS has a track record of using white in WWZ :thumbs: But then I remember NFS :bag: just hope it's £17.99 or less otherwise I'll pass.

I hope you're right with that price but I'm bracing myself for the possibility of it being £26/£27 like Anchorman 2/WWZ. They were both new releases from Paramount as well.

Reactions: chunk