Jan 5, 2012
UK
Release date: October 15, 2012
Price: £10.99
Embossed/Debossed
Purchase link: Play.com

33773618_700x700min_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Play are really trying to bleed us dry with all these new steelbooks!

tell me about it, i don't even want to think how much i've spent in the last two months on steels from ebay and play, I'm over the moon that i've will now be able to own a Transformers steelbook (please not the same artwork has the german release) i also hope it's embossed with the front artwork featuring the autobot's only, decepticons on the back and stick the human cast has inside art. Now just have to wait for an anoucement about 2 & 3 steelbook release date's.

Excited to see what type of art this gets:oohyeah:

Guys, I think its best I report some news.

First of all, the front art is not allowed to be changed from the art you saw on the German one. However, they/we have high hopes to bring great artwork on the back and inside. Given how crappy the backs are for German, I welcome this edition. Many times certain art is locked in by contracts so there just is not way to change.

First of all, the front art is not allowed to be changed from the art you saw on the German one. However, they/we have high hopes to bring great artwork on the back and inside. Given how crappy the backs are for German, I welcome this edition. Many times certain art is locked in by contracts so there just is not way to change.

thanks for the info wreck, well if we're stuck with the german art, but with better back and inside art that'll do, i'll be just glad to be able to own the steelbook version.:oohyeah:

Do you know if the front will be the initial release with the Autobot logo or the second one with the movie poster?

2 Disc verson please!

Transformers is another movie which originally had a 2 bluray disc release, before the studios started forcing triple/double play trash down our throats.

Can this be the original 2 BR disc version please please please please.

Thank you :)

Reactions: huggy2k4

I'll stick with my german 1st release then looks much better than the other artwork, that's saved me £10.99 :)

First of all, the front art is not allowed to be changed from the art you saw on the German one.

Please Wreck, do you know which art they mean? If its the original release with the Autobot logo (probable because the Play exclusive DVD steelbook used this artwork) then I'm in, if it's the poster art I'm out! Thanks again though Wreck for having the inside track as always :oohyeah:

I don't mind as long as it has premium finishes, I'm talking about embossing/debossing on this! It's a must.

So will have the artwork for the first German one? That's a disappointment, I much prefer the 2nd release as it matches better with the awesome steelbook for the third film.