Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Future Shop Excl.) [CA]

Horhay

ホルヘ
Jan 27, 2009
San Pedro, CA
Release date: October 20, 2009
Notes: Future Shop released the Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Steelbook as a pre-order at time of RotF's release as an empty case steelbook.

transformerssteelbook.jpg

Actual pictures: (Thanks to chipvideo & bludevil):
TF2-1.jpg

TF2-2.jpg

TF2-3.jpg

TF2-4.jpg

TF2-5.jpg

Inside/Interior pictures courtesy of Blu-devil:
TF2-6.jpg

Note: Pre-order bonus, did not come with discs:
TF2-7.jpg

Attachments

• transformerssteelbook.jpg
    transformerssteelbook.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 352
Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice steel, I have one. This will be very sought after until the trilogy comes out. :p

Got it on a very funny situation ebay seller did not allowed my to bid, contacted for permission he reply "if I don’t sell it will be yours" and that happen!!!! ;), price extremely cheap vs. the others listed at that time

Ok so I am going through my entire collection this weekend and I see I have a couple of these. Funny thing is one of them actually has the discs inside and its sealed with original packaging and sticker just like the other one I have. I weighed them both and one weighs 5.25 oz and the other one weighs in at 6.5 oz. I definitely has the discs inside. Whats the deal with that? I thought they came without discs.

Ok so I am going through my entire collection this weekend and I see I have a couple of these. Funny thing is one of them actually has the discs inside and its sealed with original packaging and sticker just like the other one I have. I weighed them both and one weighs 5.25 oz and the other one weighs in at 6.5 oz. I definitely has the discs inside. Whats the deal with that? I thought they came without discs.

It's a custom version that someone placed the discs (maybe IMAX?) and then resealed the steelbook with the discs inside.

I'm not going to post how you can get the original stickers back on the resealed package, to discourage other folks from trying, but it can be done.

I believe he made about 100 of them, so you got a real limited edition there. ;)

The ONLY official version from future shop is an empty steelbook, as it was given as a free gift to people who purchased the TF2 movie from Future Shop.

They didn't have enough time to package up the steelbook with the discs because the time to the disc printer was abbreviated.

So now you know...

knowing-is-half-the-battle.jpg

Reactions: blu-steel
I've seen a few pop up on e-bay the last few days - they're going in the high 30's for the empty case (with no discs)

I also have the BSE Disc inside my Canadian SteelBook. I decided to add artwork to differentiate it from my other (non BSE in Canadian SB)

REV-B03.jpg

REV-B04.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REV-03.jpg

REV-04.jpg

I would like to get this one too. Unless I'm looking at the version where the discs were placed inside, I've seen this thing selling for up to $80. I like the movie and all, but $80 for an empty steelbook is a bit much.

I would like to get this one too. Unless I'm looking at the version where the discs were placed inside, I've seen this thing selling for up to $80. I like the movie and all, but $80 for an empty steelbook is a bit much.

I don't know if these went under the radar recently, but here's some recent prices...

Might be that they only ship to US / Canada and not Europe.

(if you haven't seen auctions like this, make sure to do an advanced search that includes other countries on e-bay)

$33 + shipping
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200576343018

$34 + shipping
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360342848048

I don't know if these went under the radar recently, but here's some recent prices...

Might be that they only ship to US / Canada and not Europe.

(if you haven't seen auctions like this, make sure to do an advanced search that includes other countries on e-bay)

$33 + shipping
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200576343018

$34 + shipping
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360342848048

That's my problem. When I search on ebay, I usually only search 'Buy it Now'. Missed out on these then. I'll keep my eyes peeled on the auctions for this.

That's my problem. When I search on ebay, I usually only search 'Buy it Now'. Missed out on these then. I'll keep my eyes peeled on the auctions for this.

Yeah, professional sellers are hoping for your impulse buy with the buy it now feature, so I've found that often prices are much higher than actual auction prices.

This is not the case for all items however - one the auctions I listed above had a buy it now of $38 + shipping when it was first listed.

Yeah, professional sellers are hoping for your impulse buy with the buy it now feature, so I've found that often prices are much higher than actual auction prices.

This is not the case for all items however - one the auctions I listed above had a buy it now of $38 + shipping when it was first listed.

Going to keep my eyes peeled for it then. I watched the big screen edition last night, and the IMAX scenes absolutely rock. Not such a great movie, but some great discs and a beautiful steelbook.

the infamous mod jw (jwbbud) opened them and stuck the wal-mart imax discs inside and resealed.

If someone finds the empty vs. the one insides (like dar said) at the same price then the choice is up to you, if your going to open it then might as well get the one with discs inside. If you want to keep it sealed and want the original then you would need an empty steelbook version (dar)

Reactions: BluRayJunkie