True Romance (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) (Arrow Video) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: July 19, 2021
Purchase links: Steelbook - Deluxe Edition
Price: £29.99 (Steelbook) - £39.99 (Deluxe)

0.jpg5.jpg
4.jpg3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe specific customers dislike them for terrible customer service based on extensive personal experience. This would also be a valid opinion.

However, you maybe correct - - as It's also possible they specifically want to damage the soul of @Vegano for unforgivable crimes of which we are unaware. Jury is out on that one.
Haha, i can’t think of ANY crimes i’m guilty of.............let alone crimes that are unforgivable! And i’ve spent alot of money with Zavvi, and never had any problems with them.....so far.....so WHY THEY HATE ME SOOOOO!!!:shipped:

• Haha
Reactions: jailbird_joey
Zavvi has been using Hermes for quite some time but normally on larger items, the last couple of lego sets I've had from Zavvi have been delivered by Hermes and if I'm honest they have been delivered perfectly fine. I've never had a smaller item via them and id only imagine that using Hermes is the cheaper option.

But normally they are known to be shite :wow: I think it comes down to the sorting office and the driver you get. We have the same driver and have not had an issue.
Oh right, ok - Then i will hope........and pray!

Pretty nice set overall, but wish they'd just fully glossed the steel instead of messing around spot-glossing a few pointless bits on the front... if they really must use spot-gloss, then at least do BOTH characters on each side. Everything else is spot on though! Really love the artwork, especially the slip :drool:

That tin proof was full gloss and it looked stunning. Why ruin it with matte. I just don’t get it
Don't they all start out as gloss? Or maybe the tin proof itself might just be shiny before they're actually coated/varnished *shrug*

Don't they all start out as gloss? Or maybe the tin proof itself might just be shiny before they're actually coated/varnished *shrug*

that’s what I mean. It was already gloss. They go to the trouble to make these things matte.
most matte steels have glossy edges. Meaning it was there all along. That’s what hurts the most.

that’s what I mean. It was already gloss. They go to the trouble to make these things matte.
most matte steels have glossy edges. Meaning it was there all along. That’s what hurts the most.
I've noticed that with some matte steels, but it's not on all of them. Like I said though... just wondering if the natural finish of the tin proof is shiny before it's even varnished, making them appear gloss.

I've noticed that with some matte steels, but it's not on all of them. Like I said though... just wondering if the natural finish of the tin proof is shiny before it's even varnished, making them appear gloss.

Whatever that tin proof is. It’s miles better

Reactions: Noodles
Metal proof sheets don't have the actual steelbook finish or embossing etc
It does though list the colour instructions etc details to be used

Example
contact_design_team_banner2.fit-to-width.940x.q80.png

A proof sheet will always look shiny

The metal proof sheet is template they use in the pressing plant to make steelbooks

The type of finish or if any embossing/debossing that will used is added after this using the info on the proof sheet

Last edited:
Received mine today and I’m very happy with the set, I don’t mind the matte as it’s a quality one and I’m not exactly ecstatic about the artwork anyway.

Now I just need a premium Django Unchained!

I'd love to actually know the difference in price for the finish. I bet it's negligible, which makes it even more annoying.

Yep. It would be pennies. But the studios and retailers act like it’s so much more expensive. It’s b0llocks

Reactions: vexred