Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
gun__1381310671_uefa_champions_league.jpg

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Lalonaitor
Mata, Kagawa, Carrick, Young, Nani, Jones, Smalling, Hernandez, and upcoming Januzaj are pretty good and they can start on any team at the EPL.
Fergie won the title with the same team a year ago.
Moyes did very well with just Baines, Pienaar and Fellaini at Everton.

Moyes hated Kagawa and Hernandez for some reason. Nani hasn't really done anything in his time at UTD. Smalling is good but never gets decent run at centre back. I am still not convinced by Jones. His positioning is very suspect at times and lets guys drift past him while he's ball watching.

I think the fear factor Fergie had helped him last season and the fact that everyone else were woefully inconsistent. When Utd have played the big teams this season, a lot of the players didn't even look bothered when we were getting rolled over. The Liverpool game at Old Trafford was a prime example.

Moyes did well with Everton but I think UTD as a whole was just too big for him. He should never have fired the back room staff when he came in.

In all honesty though, Moyes was doomed from the beginning. He took over an aging team and being fresh blood was unable to make major alterations to a team that handily won the EPL. The problems in the midfield have been known for long. Either way, he took on the impossible job. Man U had been on a decline for yes though they did well domestically. All great teams go through this and rebuild themselves.

In all honesty though, Moyes was doomed from the beginning. He took over an aging team and being fresh blood was unable to make major alterations to a team that handily won the EPL. The problems in the midfield have been known for long. Either way, he took on the impossible job. Man U had been on a decline for yes though they did well domestically. All great teams go through this and rebuild themselves.

Aging but not in decline.
Champions League:
2010-11 = Final
2012–13 = Round of 16
2013–14 = Quarter-final

Man U still have lots of quality players. Moyes is just out of his league, just like Horhay said he might be a mediocre manager and lacks tactical skill to manage a big team.

Aging but not in decline.
Champions League:
2010-11 = Final
2012–13 = Round of 16
2013–14 = Quarter-final

Man U still have lots of quality players. Moyes is just out of his league, just like Horhay said he might be a mediocre manager and lacks tactical skill to manage a big team.

The results covered a lot of blemishes with the team. While the teams around them kept improving, Man U were stagnant. I cannot remember the last signing that made a major contribution to the team other than Rooney. Could be blasphemous in the football community but Fergie didn't do the team any favors. As long as they were winning, the issues were always put to the background.

I don't think a different manager would have done better. They IMO only have 3 world class players ( RVP, De Gea and Rooney ). The general consensus was that they overachieved last season.

They were winning, and if it ain't broke don't fix it. They signed RVP and Kagawa both are world class and helped Fergie win his last title. De Gea is good goalie but not world class. He has potential to become one though.

De Gea was our player of the season. Without him we would have been well and truly battered in some games. Kagawa is class but was all too often shunted out wide which isnt his position.

I agree with Frank about Fergie and the results covering team deficiencies. Fergie didn't sign a central midfielder for almost 6 years and we have always been light in this department even having to bring Scholes out of retirement last season.

I think Van Gall will re-address this and hopefully sell Rooney to strengthen the team as a whole as opposed to letting him sulk on £300K a week when he's asked to hold position and not run around like a headless chicken.

Reactions: UnderYourSpell
Real Madrid - 4 vs Atlético Madrid - 1 Final

Real Madrid wins UEFA Champions League 2014

Last edited by a moderator:
So happy Real won. I'm a United fan so it's always good to see Ronaldo win something!
If you didn't watch the game and you just saw the score, you think it was a hammering. It wasn't!
The result was very harsh on Athletico. They played a good game but when Ramos scored in injury time, the game was effectively over.
Real took control, all momentum was with them. Di Maria was outstanding on the left. Marcello, when he came on was excellent too.
Good game with 2 very strong teams. Real play the more exciting football, so I was happy they won!
Hala Madrid!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, Atletico made the biggest mistake by allowing Diego Costa to play, and he only lasted 3 minutes.. You'd think maybe if they didn't play him and used the extra sub, the game might've been more in Atletico's favour.. The result was harsh on Atletico, real couldn't get close to Courtois but it seems that Atletico grew weary and real pushed on. Atletico only had to last another 90 seconds and they'd of been champions.

Reactions: hiratafabio
Not Champions league but Europa League, I thought Besiktas deserved to beat Liverpool and progress tonight. I thought Liverpool were not at there best and Demba Ba run the defence ragged.

If play any match CL I watch it. In last match my Athletico lost 1-0 but next match 100% win. :)

Yes, agree but this not the same Torres who playing in Athletico and after in Liverpool. Now Athletico have better attackers Griezmann and Mandzukic.

Yes, agree but this not the same Torres who playing in Athletico and after in Liverpool. Now Athletico have better attackers Griezmann and Mandzukic.
Yes Mandzukic is a quality striker, he will bag you loads of goals.