The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: March 7th, 2016
Purchase link: Ultraviolet
Price: £12.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.
*On the creative the border is debossed so that other features within the border can be embossed & in hand the border won’t be as defined as in the pack shots.
11241312-4654361733901650.jpg

11241312-9864361733599109.jpg

11241312-9164361733536859.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear what are Zavvi thinking?!

This is such a bad film. Art isn't that great either.

Serioulsy what are they thinking?

Rambo is the only half decent announcement

It's like they want their steelbooks to go in the bargain bin.

Please stop announcing crappy titles zavvi
I HAVE to tolerate and be down with crappy titles, just because they MIGHT be doing a crappy title I love next!!
"C'mon EXPLORERS, MY SCIENCE PROJECT and THREE O'CLOCK HIGH" !!!!!
smileys-cheerleading-755332.gif
:rofl:;):thumbs:

Reactions: harry and Flloydo
I HAVE to tolerate and be down with crappy titles, just because they MIGHT be doing a crappy title I love next!!
"C'mon EXPLORERS, MY SCIENCE PROJECT and THREE O'CLOCK HIGH" !!!!!:rofl:;):thumbs:

We all love a crappy title but this takes the biscuit.
Plus I guarantee the people who "like this" haven't seen it in years and haven't realised how bad this really is.
Happened to me with equilibrium too. Used to love it but it's a shocking film now.

I can tolerate them but I won't buy them

Haven't heard of any of those films you mentioned

Reactions: SteelMadien
Bad movie but a guilty sci-fi pleasure. It'll go well with my Aeon Flux steelbook, but I'll wait till it's $10 to purchase...

Good call I'm hoping Zavvi release Aeon Flux now this is coming out, I know some won't give a flux for that release but it's good fun too, got to admit Charlize Theron makes my Flux Capacitor flutter (I mean heart). :LOL:

Reactions: JCC
We all love a crappy title but this takes the biscuit.
Plus I guarantee the people who "like this" haven't seen it in years and haven't realised how bad this really is.
Happened to me with equilibrium too. Used to love it but it's a shocking film now.

I can tolerate them but I won't buy them

Haven't heard of any of those films you mentioned
Really? Explorer stars Ethan Hawke & River Phoenix, it is half "Spielberg 80's Amazing scifi" and half "poop".
(It has two very different halves). The first half is like E.T. meets Close encounters for kids, and the second half turns into "standup comedy in the space Catskills" for some damn reason. (There was a writer's strike that year). But the first half is right up there with Joe Dante's best work. (Like Innerspace).
My Science Project was kind of a 'B' Weird Science with Dennis Hopper and Fisher Stevens. It was definitely riding the wave of Back to The Future and Weird Science and all the 80's awesomeness.
And Three O'clock High was a Spielberg produced Phil Joanou debut that is like a lost John Hughes picture but shot with the sensibilities of Men in Black (by the same man - Barry Sonnenfeld). It is High Noon in high school. And the camera shots are crazy!! (Spielberg had his name taken off the movie because the other producer was Aaron Spelling, and Spielberg didn't want his name up there with Spelling's. (apparently he doesn't like him).

Last edited:
Reactions: Flloydo
Really? Explorer stars Ethan Hawke & River Phoenix, it is half "Spielberg 80's Amazing scifi" and half "poop".
(It has two very different halves). The first half is like E.T. meets Close encounters for kids, and the second half turns into "standup comedy in the space Catskills" for some damn reason. (There was a writer's strike that year). But the first half is right up there with Joe Dante's best work. (Like Innerspace).
My Science Project was kind of a 'B' Weird Science with Dennis Hopper and Fisher Stevens. It was definitely riding the wave of Back to The Future and Weird Science and all the 80's awesomeness.
And Three O'clock High was a Spielberg produced Phil Joanou debut that is like a lost John Hughes picture but shot with the sensibilities of Men in Black (by the same man - Barry Sonnenfeld). It is High Noon in high school. And the camera shots are crazy!! (Spielberg had his name taken off the movie because the other producer was Aaron Spelling, and Spielberg didn't want his name up there with Spelling's. (apparently he doesn't like him).

Oh I recognise explorers by joe dante and I just checked the poster out and kinda remember that too.
Must of seen it when I was a kid.

The same with my science project but I kind of remember the poster but the plot don't ring any clues. I might of seen it when I was young.
And as a Spielberg fan I thought I would know them (even if he just produced them)
And three o'clock high again just looked at the poster and it don't ring any bells but I just read the plot and it sounds familiar (but that might be to do with tributes and parodies for it and high noon in other tv/ cartoons and films - I'm guessing it's because of those films)
The first two sound like Mac and me kind of films which was a bit of a poor mans E.T. And flight of the navigator. Same as monster squad.
But I loved those as a kid. Not seen them in over 20 years.
I would really love a never ending story (and maybe even the second) on steel. Not that I see them as crappy. They might be a bit more cult especially with my age group and loved them growing up. Infact the wolf at the end is one of the only things to really freak me out. Dark crystal & return to oz would be cool too.
They would all go well with the goonies, Howard the duck and the soon mondo labyrinth

I remember buying this on DVD when it first came out (and aeon flux) and I had a little look for them earlier and knowhere to be seen so I must of sold them or traded them straight away lol

Reactions: C.C. 95
Oh I recognise explorers by joe dante and I just checked the poster out and kinda remember that too.
Must of seen it when I was a kid.

The same with my science project but I kind of remember the poster but the plot don't ring any clues. I might of seen it when I was young.
And as a Spielberg fan I thought I would know them (even if he just produced them)
And three o'clock high again just looked at the poster and it don't ring any bells but I just read the plot and it sounds familiar (but that might be to do with tributes and parodies for it and high noon in other tv/ cartoons and films - I'm guessing it's because of those films)
The first two sound like Mac and me kind of films which was a bit of a poor mans E.T. And flight of the navigator. Same as monster squad.
But I loved those as a kid. Not seen them in over 20 years.
I would really love a never ending story (and maybe even the second) on steel. Not that I see them as crappy. They might be a bit more cult especially with my age group and loved them growing up. Infact the wolf at the end is one of the only things to really freak me out. Dark crystal & return to oz would be cool too.
They would all go well with the goonies, Howard the duck and the soon mondo labyrinth

I remember buying this on DVD when it first came out (and aeon flux) and I had a little look for them earlier and knowhere to be seen so I must of sold them or traded them straight away lol
Those are all good!!
I want KRULL!! C'mon! Look at that art! It has Liam Neeson, amazing Cinematography by Peter Suschitzky, and a score by James Horner!! It has The GLAIVE!!:woot::woot:
krull-poster.jpg
krullglaive.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are all good!!
I want KRULL!! C'mon! Look at that art! It has Liam Neeson, amazing Cinematography by Peter Suschitzky, and a score by James Horner!! It has The GLAIVE!!:woot::woot:
krull-poster.jpg
krullglaive.gif

Lol never seen that either but the name rings a bell.
What was the Connery film where he's the law on Mars? Lol

Your last post reminded me of a film (I suppose more like this) that is badly received but if it was announced I would buy it. And that is Wild Wild West lol (because you mentioned Barry)
I was young when that came out (12ish) so I have a little like for it although I do know it's still bad lol. Nothing on men in black.

Those are all good!!
krull-poster.jpg
krullglaive.gif

hahhaha I loved this film when I was a kid!!

Ultraviolet I also liked, it is a poorer sci-fi, but I have to give props to the general idea, at least it tried to be different!

That artwork is really lazy thoughm why blur and fade out the right side of the image and not the left. Poor performance by Zavvi again. If this comes out for £9.99 or less then it will only be worth it due to the lazy artwork!

Lol never seen that either but the name rings a bell.
What was the Connery film where he's the law on Mars? Lol
9097efb5c99524cc0316804fdade0c93.jpg
Peter Hyams film! Basically HIGH NOON in space!
As much as I love Kevin Kline and Kenneth Branagh- I cannot recommend Wild Wild West!
Watch the documentary on the Tim Burton/Nic Cage Superman movie - and you'll understand why Wild Wild West was the way it was!
hahhaha I loved this film when I was a kid!!
The new blu ray 2.35 scope release of KRULL is stunning! Better than you remember!

Horrible film. The only thing good about it is gorgeous Milla.

Maybe Zavvi should say NO to certain films once in a while and recommend a few that almost everyone of us would buy (Schindler's List, The Green Mile, Catch Me If You Can and many, many others).

9097efb5c99524cc0316804fdade0c93.jpg
Peter Hyams film! Basically HIGH NOON in space!
As much as I love Kevin Kline and Kenneth Branagh- I cannot recommend Wild Wild West!
Watch the documentary on the Tim Burton/Nic Cage Superman movie - and you'll understand why Wild Wild West was the way it was!

The new blu ray 2.35 scope release of KRULL is stunning! Better than you remember!

Lol that's the one

I would never reccomend Wild Wild West to anyone either lol (it's a guilty pleasure - like this is to some)

I do want to see the superman doc but completely forgot about it.
Can't see what it has to do with Wild Wild West though unless it's a Warner bros thing

Lol that's the one

I would never reccomend Wild Wild West to anyone either lol (it's a guilty pleasure - like this is to some)

I do want to see the superman doc but completely forgot about it.
Can't see what it has to do with Wild Wild West though unless it's a Warner bros thing
Superman Lives and Wild Wild West shared the same producer (John Peters). And for some damn reason he was adamant that there be a giant spider in Superman. When Superman fell apart, he bailed for greener pastures in the surefire hit that Wild Wild West was supposed to be... And he forced THEM to use his damn giant spider idea. (!)
Superman Lives (early draft) screenwriter Kevin Smith tells this story quite humorously in the documentary. (Which is called "The Death of Superman Lives").
Also- OUTLAND was infamous in the day for a practical special effect of an astronaut having his helmet crack and depressurize, causing his head to explode! :rofl:
image.png

Last edited:

:D yeah I feel the same. Even when I see a naff film that doesn't deserve a steelbook, at least it's one less crappy film for them to pick in future up until the point where the only ones left to releases are....... ALL MY FAVOURITE MOVIES :joy:;):D

Typical that a poor film gets nice artwork, when great films mostly get crap artwork. :rolleyes:

One of the worst movies of all time. Weird because the trailers actually looked cool, but I could not sit through this, it was so bad. Heard many left the theater as well.

Added note in OP-*On the creative the border is debossed so that other features within the border can be embossed & in hand the border won’t be as defined as in the pack shots.