The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: March 7th, 2016
Purchase link: Ultraviolet
Price: £12.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.
*On the creative the border is debossed so that other features within the border can be embossed & in hand the border won’t be as defined as in the pack shots.
11241312-4654361733901650.jpg

11241312-9864361733599109.jpg

11241312-9164361733536859.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What's not to like with Milla front, back and centre though admittedly a less sexy image (IMO) than seen on the standard 2006 release Amaray artwork.

Not watched the film in a dog's age (along with other really early BD releases that I bought (and probably paid much too much for) when they first came out here in the U.K. such as "Serenity", "Equilibrium" , "Aeon Flux", "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow" and others similar.
Bought the "Krull" BD recently from an Amazon marketplace seller in The States because it was dirt cheap, though have yet to watch it and hope it will play in my region "B" machine.

Guessing it'll be the exact same disc as in the Amaray (88 mins. BBFC 15) and slightly different to the U.S. (87 mins. PG-13) but if you want the 94 mins. Extended Cut Japan seems to be the only territory with that version for some reason.

For the person a way back inquiring about French audio I can confirm after checking the on-screen menu on the 2006 Amaray that there is NO French Audio and NO French Subtitles, alas, and if it's the same disc in this steel . . .

I really like this steelbook but I wish they could've played around with the color a little bit more like when her hair and outfit in the film changes color but it still looks pretty good, I mean I'm surprised this film got a steelbook at all, I always had a lot of fun watching UV!!

. . . so presumably just like "Rambo" (going by the "creative") ?
- No framing border
- Flat front futurepak-style
- De-bossed title
- Matte varnish finish with blade picked out in shiny metallic paint or spot-glossed.

Last edited:
Arrived today, :) I also think it's a zero finish, certainly not dull, no emboss/deboss, there is a metallic effect on one of the guards visors on the back, maybe would have been better on Violet's shades, overall I'm happy with this release, another Milla Jovovich steelbook added to the collection. ;) :thumbs:

I like how it's only taking 2 days for pre-orders to arrive from despatch recently from Zavvi, used to take 4 days to get to me. :)

Ultraviolet Front  And Back.jpg

Ultraviolet Front.jpg Ultraviolet inside With Disc.jpg Ultraviolet Inside.jpg Ultraviolet J-Card.jpg

Ordered this in early February as it was to be a gift... Still waiting. Order sitting at 'Processing' for the last week.
Mine never went past processing either, last week I submitted a support ticket to ask them about it (basically saying something along the lines of: When is my order going to be dispatched please? The item is in stock and estimated dispatch date was a while ago) and got this reply:

I am sorry to let you know that there has been a problem in the warehouse which has resulted in your order being stopped prior to dispatch.

I understand this is disappointing and we are sorry. I will investigate further and request for the order to be sent to you as soon as possible. Should there be a problem with dispatching the order, we will arrange for this to be cancelled and for the money to be returned to your account upon confirmation of the cancellation.

I will be in contact shortly to give you an update. Thank you for your patience.

No update that day, or the following day (plus my support ticket had been closed) so I just cancelled my original order last night... after it had been confirmed to be cancelled I placed a new order and it was dispatched first thing this morning.
So as usual it's not worth even bothering to ask Zavvi 'support' anything. If an item's in stock and the dispatch date was a while ago just cancel your original order and place a new one instead.

Support sent me a conciliatory email, then **** all happened. Seeing the post above, I went and cancelled the old order and re-ordered. A while later, I get a note saying that they can't cancel my order WTF?! Now I can't cancel the order OR the re-order.

ZAVVI... I see that your historical shitshow customer service has not actually departed, just been given a shiny new GUI. If this wasn't a gift, you could shove it. As it is, I'll not be ordering from you again after this debacle is resolved.

Now I can't cancel the order OR the re-order.
Ugh. That's happened to me on the few occasions I requested a cancellation then re-ordered the same thing before they'd confirmed the original order had been cancelled too, which is why I now always wait for them to send the "Order cancelled" email before reordering now. I swear if you try to cancel something the warehouse suddenly gets a message saying "Quick, dispatch it so we can say we can't cancel your order!".

Last edited:
Their website is set up in a way to bait you. And once you bite and have any issues afterwards, the migraines begin. Customer service reply after what feels like a very long time. With basic one liners, so you're exchanging a few emails before actually boiling down to the point.

Some one needs to publish a "How to Zavvi for Dummies" book.

Received a damaged steelbook ? write an email like: "Hi I received XXXX steelbook with a scratch. I have attached a picture. And also uploaded one online which can be seen here (provide link) I would like a FULL REFUND and a pre-paid label to return it. Please just send a pre-paid label with your reply and do not offer a 10% discount" .... rather than writing "Hi I received a damaged steelbook, what should I do" ... because trust me, that email will go on a few times if you don't.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Steelbookzombie
Received a damaged steelbook ? write an email like: "Hi I received XXXX steelbook with a scratch. I have attached a picture. I would like a FULL REFUND and a pre-paid label to return it. Please just send a pre-paid label with your reply and do not offer a 10% discount" .... rather than writing "Hi I received a damaged steelbook, what should I do" ... because trust me, that email will go on a few times.
Whenever mine have been damaged I've always sent a picture, asked for a pre-paid label and a full refund and explicitly said I have no interest in a discount, please don't offer that. Every time they completely ignore that first email and send an email saying 'we can offer you a 10% discount' anyway.

Pretty sure their 'support' is set up to be as awkward as possible to deal with in the hope that you just give up.

Reactions: InAFalsetto
I've sent a picture, asked for a pre-paid label and a full refund and say I have no interest in a discount every time. Every time they completely ignore that first email and send an email saying 'we can offer you a 10% discount' anyway. Pretty sure their 'support' is set up to be as awkward as possible to deal with in the hope that you just give up.

110% true.